Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Vice-president debate coming tonight...
Vice-president debate coming tonight...
2004-10-05, 3:06 PM #1
...is anyone here going to watch? Even though the first debate of the candidates for president is over, is anyone willing to watch the VP candidates (Edwards and Cheney)? I guess the position isn't terribly "important" like the role of president, but it does make somewhat an impact on the nation. I might watch some of it just to see what they have to say. I really haven't heard Cheney speak before.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-10-05, 3:09 PM #2
Heck yeah I'm watching. It will be very interesting. I'm expecting Edwards to wipe the floor with Cheney big-time. It'll be funny for sure.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-10-05, 3:18 PM #3
Probably won't get to watch it because of work, but edwards will rip cheny apart. Not only is he already much more liked by everyone, the man is a lawyer.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-10-05, 3:29 PM #4
I can see it now...

Edwards: *random rebuttal completely debunking Cheney.*

Cheney: *points* F*CK YOU!
>>untie shoes
2004-10-05, 3:31 PM #5
:rolleyes:
Pissed Off?
2004-10-05, 3:33 PM #6
When is it on?
You...................................
.................................................. ........
.................................................. ....rock!
2004-10-05, 3:36 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
:rolleyes:

Don't tell me, you accidently left your sense of humor at the republican convention.
>>untie shoes
2004-10-05, 3:36 PM #8
9 p.m. ET

[url]www.cnn.com[/url]
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-10-05, 3:45 PM #9
I think I shall make The Debate #3 pretty soon ^_^
Think while it's still legal.
2004-10-05, 3:57 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill
Don't tell me, you accidently left your sense of humor at the republican convention.

Hard to tell these days, especially with the liberal lean this baord has
Pissed Off?
2004-10-05, 4:11 PM #11
Edwards will definitely wipe the floor with Cheney. The man's a great speaker, with lots of charisma and energy and passion for what he speaks.

Sorry, republicans, but the democrats win this one again.

Avenger--don't ostracize the people on this board for having opinions which lean in the direction of liberalism.
D E A T H
2004-10-05, 6:09 PM #12
Cheney has a better command of the issues. If Edwards wins, it will be based on theatrics. Cheney could destroy Kerry and Edwards, simultaneously. Alan Keyes is the best when it comes to debates, but he made a foolish mistake lately, and I will no longer speak of him.
2004-10-05, 7:35 PM #13
I'm not ostracizing anyone. The conservative bashing jsut gets old
Pissed Off?
2004-10-05, 7:43 PM #14
I wish people would judge debates on the arguments and not the speaking ability. I didn't see it, but I'll read through a transcript or something.
2004-10-05, 7:43 PM #15
I'm going to try and make my 1+ post after 1337 count...

I totally agree with Avenger. This bashing is senseless and puerile. I myself have more of a liberal slant than conservative, but I see nothing to be gained from this immature snickering and pointing of fingers. Why would people want to vote for liberals if they saw what jurks they can be about poilitcs? The same goes for Reps - everyone in this country is too darn sarcastic for their own good. Dragging the other side through the mud is not going to garner you much support or respect, let alone a vote.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-10-05, 7:44 PM #16
Cheney is a much better debater than Bush. He did really well tonight.
You...................................
.................................................. ........
.................................................. ....rock!
2004-10-05, 8:09 PM #17
Cheney ruled it I thought. He owned the first half of the debate. Edwards started with insults, while Cheney seemed slow to start. Then he just let Edwards have it.

Edwards also kept going back to topics that were done - more than Cheney, and it got tiring fast.

The moderator sucked I thought. Couldn't even track it right on who went next. Then asked some of the dumbest questions. Edwards and Cheney both didn't seem to like the questions, as Edwards was saying "Well, I hope we'll be able to talk about so and so later", and Cheney in "I'm supposed to rebute that? (Concerning a question on Edwards qualifications. That is not a question that should be given a 90 second rebuttal)

2nd half was a tie I thought, got very boring half way through.

Overall, I think Cheney won this debate by far, as he just seemed to have more grasp on the numbers and information then Edwards did. Edwards would make the slam, Cheney would break it down.
2004-10-05, 8:17 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
Hard to tell these days, especially with the liberal lean this baord has

Now I'll :rolleyes:
It's pretty much dead even. Conservatives just love playing the victims.

I think Edwards did better. His arguments were stronger.
Cheney came off as more likable than usual though.

I don't think Cheney really cut down Edward's comments. For example, when talking about Halliburton, Cheney changed the subject after Edwards gave the facts.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love

↑ Up to the top!