Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Wacom tablet Grief
Wacom tablet Grief
2004-10-05, 9:40 PM #1
No matter HOW HARD I TRY, I cannot get a smooth line to draw using my wacom tablet. It's annoying me to the extent on giving up on everything. Maybe I just can't draw, but then I'm screwed for life yeah. Bah...
2004-10-05, 9:45 PM #2
smooth line as a straight line? or smooth as in brush smooth? ...

What paint program are you using? If you want smooth it depends on the brush settings. Visit the wacom site and it should give you a good guide.
2004-10-05, 9:48 PM #3
Im using photoshop 6. I dont think its brush settings though. I asked at the Penny Arcade forums and set it to what they said it was supposed to be, and that didnt fix it either.
2004-10-05, 10:24 PM #4
[http://img67.exs.cx/img67/6927/Untitled-94.gif]
Need help?
2004-10-05, 10:26 PM #5
Yeah, i'm also depressed
woo....
2004-10-05, 10:27 PM #6
Cheer up. What did the Penny Arcade forums suggest that didn't work?
2004-10-05, 10:41 PM #7
Setting the brush spacing to 5%
2004-10-06, 5:29 AM #8
Have you tried all the brush presets? Some of them have harder edges than others.

But you definately aren't describing the problem well enough.

Drac: Quit posting that image, its pointless, and slows my laptop to hell. (I mean serious slow, like I can barely scroll.)
2004-10-06, 9:05 AM #9
Low-tech possibility: try putting a piece of rough material over the tablet. It may not give you straight lines, but it will give the pen more traction.
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2004-10-06, 9:18 AM #10
maybe try using illustrator?

Photoshop is for raster art, and does not support true lines. The "lines" in photoshop are groupings of blocky pixels that merely look like a line, but the illusion is destroyed when you zoom in.

Vector art is always nice and smooth b/c vector art supports true lines and curves. In theory, you could resize a vector art image to the size of the milky way galaxy and it would still be nice and smooth.
2004-10-06, 10:35 AM #11
What kind of tablet specifically? Did you install the latest drivers? Show us an example of a problematic line.
[This message has been edited. Deal with it.]

↑ Up to the top!