Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → FYI: tinypic.com
FYI: tinypic.com
2004-10-07, 9:43 PM #1
[url]www.tinypic.com[/url] Thought some folks might find it useful.
KOP_blujay
Just dancin'...and singin'...in the Force.
2004-10-07, 9:45 PM #2
could serve some use, good find, although I feel like I've seen it before, but I doubt it.
2004-10-07, 9:54 PM #3
That does look really useful. I don't know if I'd use it, but thank you anyway.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-10-08, 11:04 AM #4
Looks like it might be useful, but it's so ad-filled, I really wouldn't touch it... There are better, free, images hosts anyway... The best I've seen so far is [url=www.photobucket.com]Photobucket[/url]. They don't spam, and there's no pop-ups when you visit (or stupid and ugly ads), and it provides private accounts.
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-10-08, 11:12 AM #5
*Cough* http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net *cough*

Anyway, that site probably won't last long. Assuming that every image on there is only 100kb, the server is already using 91GB of harddrive space. That's a whole hell of a lot of space. If it keeps up at that rate, the guy will be out of space, and very possibly bandwith very quickly.
2004-10-08, 12:04 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Cool Matty
*Cough* http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net *cough*

But that's only for those of us using it for the sake of Massassi.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cool Matty
Anyway, that site probably won't last long. Assuming that every image on there is only 100kb, the server is already using 91GB of harddrive space. That's a whole hell of a lot of space. If it keeps up at that rate, the guy will be out of space, and very possibly bandwith very quickly.

I'm still unsure how mcuh capacity they have. From the appearance of the site frontend, I don't think they have a terribly large ammount of resources, which means that server space is iable to be somewhat limited (I'd put it at a terabyte tops). Also, images are removed after either 10,000 hits for a single image, or 30 days of 0 hits. Strange if you ask me.
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-10-08, 1:46 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by nottheking
But that's only for those of us using it for the sake of Massassi.

yeah... main reason why i dont use it anymore. i dont only visit massassi forums, and i post pictures at other places a lot more than here.
2004-10-10, 11:24 AM #8
"TinyPic lives on a fully redundant, load balanced web cluster that should guarantee maximum uptime and performance. There is no registration or login, all you have to do is submit your picture."

Doesn't say how much disk space they have, but it's probably enough. :)

I don't get any ads or popups when I visit it. Are you still using Internet Explorer? ;)
KOP_blujay
Just dancin'...and singin'...in the Force.
2004-10-10, 12:00 PM #9
I use IE, and I didn't get any popups.
2004-10-10, 6:11 PM #10
wait, the image corner wont work out side of massassi?
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-10-10, 7:44 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Elana14
wait, the image corner wont work out side of massassi?

It does, but you aren't allowed by the rules.

↑ Up to the top!