Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Reminder: We have a technology forum
Reminder: We have a technology forum
2004-10-09, 12:14 PM #1
Please, when you are posting a thread, make sure you are posting it to the right forum. Not only will this make the Admins jobs easier, but you'll probably get better responses as well. Lately I've noticed that quite a few people have been posting tech-related threads in the discussion forum.

To clarify:

What belongs in the discussion forum: Opinion threads... "linux vs. windows," "ati vs nvidia," "suggest y programs that will let me do x tasks," etc. Basically any general discussion of multiple technologies that includes opinions.

What belongs in the technology forum: Help threads... ie, if you have a computer problem and you need help, or if you're working on code and you are unsure of how to write code to do a certain task. Basically, threads that are about one specific program, piece of hardware or language that includes facts.

I hope that makes things more undertandable, I know the rules on this arent exactly clear.
2004-10-09, 12:18 PM #2
ah, sorry. I actually forgot it was there. :p
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-10-09, 12:34 PM #3
how the hell can you forget that? it's right next to the music forum! you see it everday!

:p
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-10-09, 12:40 PM #4
There's forums outside Discussion? I refuse to believe.
2004-10-09, 1:23 PM #5
We have forums at Massassi now? When did this happen?!
2004-10-09, 1:48 PM #6
Thanks for the info. :)
2004-10-09, 2:56 PM #7
I think that in a lot of cases, people know about the tech forum, but they just put it in the discussion forum hoping that more people will see it and respond.
Pyro Universe The ultimate place for fireworks lovers! Learn how to put on your own show! Fireworks diagrams, instructions, pictures, safety tips, links, and a message board.

Boomtown Fireworks - Washington State fireworks retailer - huge selection!
2004-10-09, 3:08 PM #8
My link goes right to the discussion forum. and i refuse to leave:D
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2004-10-09, 6:37 PM #9
Yeah, but not many people frequent the tech forum.
2004-10-09, 6:45 PM #10
I know the Tech Forum is not visited by as many people, but the people who do visit are generally more knowledgable about technology- So the replies you do get will be more helpfull I think.

Also, if people would just post their threads there in the first place, you'd see a lot more activity in the Tech Forum, and as a result, more visitors.
2004-10-09, 7:01 PM #11
Shouldn't this just be required reading?
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-10-09, 7:45 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikus
There's forums outside Discussion? I refuse to believe.

Supposedly there is this Neverending Story in one of those other forums. All rumors, of course.

(Hah, beat you to it Geb!)
2004-10-10, 11:54 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Cool Matty
Supposedly there is this Neverending Story in one of those other forums. All rumors, of course.

(Hah, beat you to it Geb!)

Or did you, CM? My followers are spreading the word for me. Soon I will conquor Massassi, then THE WORLD!

*ahem*

Nevermind that. And it's "Never-ending Story" with a dash, CoolMatty.</nitpick>
The Plothole: a home for amateur, inclusive, collaborative stories
http://forums.theplothole.net
2004-10-11, 3:52 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine
We have forums at Massassi now? When did this happen?!

It was somewhere between the point in which Dark Forces II was released and Massassi's untimely demise.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-10-11, 6:51 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Gebohq
Or did you, CM? My followers are spreading the word for me. Soon I will conquor Massassi, then THE WORLD!

*ahem*

Nevermind that. And it's "Never-ending Story" with a dash, CoolMatty.</nitpick>

Geb loses.
Hazard a company one process.

↑ Up to the top!