Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Team America, F*** Yeah!
Team America, F*** Yeah!
2004-10-09, 7:20 PM #1
I just got back from the sneak preview of it.

It was the funniest movie I've ever seen. :D I'd share more, but most of you haven't seen it yet!
2004-10-09, 7:30 PM #2
I'm seeing it opening night.

Team America! **** yeah!
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-10-09, 7:48 PM #3
Wonder if that's why they've been showing some old Thunderbirds movies lately.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-10-09, 7:49 PM #4
I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to a movie so much. Probably haven't since TPM. I can't wait to see this movie!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-10-10, 11:20 AM #5
Well, my theatre had a preview of Team America yesterday and it was awesome. I had to watch it from the projector booth though with crappy sound.. so I couldn't hear all the lyrics in the songs, but what I did hear was really funny. The whole movie seems almost exactly like a South Park episode, so if you don't like south park, u may not like this movie. Over all, it was pretty funny.
||||||||||||||||||||
2004-10-10, 11:53 AM #6
looks stupitd but funny, i'm in!
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2004-10-10, 1:56 PM #7
I think it looks great. Hopefuly it will be.
2004-10-10, 1:57 PM #8
It looks funny, but I think I'll save my money and wait a month for my dad to get it on video. :D
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-10-10, 2:05 PM #9
it is like south park? awesome. i was hoping more than just the voices were the same. it looks friggin awesome... cant wait to see it.
2004-10-10, 3:13 PM #10
No, the voices aren't the same, it's the creators.

Looks dumb from the previews I've seen, but we'll see how the actual movie turns out.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-10, 3:15 PM #11
I missed the sneak showing where I live...damn my parents anniversary landing on the same day of the sneak showing!
Think while it's still legal.
2004-10-10, 3:22 PM #12
I'm going to merge this with MY THREAD!

Done, sorry for any confusion caused.

[Sorry, now that my name is listed as the thread starter it'll get a lot less views and replies than it otherwise would have.]
2004-10-10, 3:26 PM #13
http://www.teamamericamovie.com/

The site is awesome, really funny, and the behind the scenes interviews are interesting.

Look out for the Kim Jong Easter Eggs, they're hilarious. :D
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-10-10, 3:59 PM #14
It looks like the dumbest movie on the planet and I have more desire to shove pins in my anus than to pay 11 bucks to go see it.
2004-10-10, 4:10 PM #15
Sounds like you've got your weekend planned.

Unfortunately...I shall not be able to watch this in theaters as I will have no transportation to it. I will have to wait for pay-per-view. :(
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-10-10, 4:22 PM #16
Not to knock it, but this movie looks so bad, and the trailer annoyed me so much... I will have to not see it out of principle.
2004-10-10, 6:28 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
No, the voices aren't the same, it's the creators.

Looks dumb from the previews I've seen, but we'll see how the actual movie turns out.

JediKirby

yes... the voices are the same. you've watched sound park before, right? people in the team sound like characters from south park, and kim jong il sounds just like a korean guy from a few of the episodes.

and mikus... it doesnt look bad at all. its just trey parker and matt stone's comedy doesnt appeal to you. thats an opinion.
2004-10-10, 7:44 PM #18
So, did anyone find the Kim Jong Easter Egg?
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-10-10, 9:17 PM #19
Agreed, I think even if you don't like Matt and Trey's humor, you'll agree it's nice to see something that's not the typical CGI but actual puppets.

Me: I can't wait for Team Amercia!

Did anyone see Trey do his impression of the way the puppet moved on the first day on Leno? Was so damn funny...
2004-10-10, 9:26 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Cazor
and mikus... it doesnt look bad at all. its just trey parker and matt stone's comedy doesnt appeal to you. thats an opinion.

omg opinion? RONG.

:P I dunno I like south park, that movie just doesn't appeal to me... meh, can't win 'em all.
2004-10-10, 9:29 PM #21
well if you like south park... its pretty apparent that this is a lot like south park. listen to the audio options on the create a character thing on the site... kim jong il has a quote ripped right from cartman. i guess its just odd you wouldnt think this looks good, but you like south park.

ah well. different strokes for different folks.

↑ Up to the top!