Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New JibJab cartoon
New JibJab cartoon
2004-10-11, 7:53 AM #1
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/dc.php

It's just plain great. :)
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
2004-10-11, 8:04 AM #2
Indeed.
Twenty-Eight Days, Six Hours, Forty-Two Minutes, Twelve seconds...
2004-10-11, 8:18 AM #3
Meh
Think while it's still legal.
2004-10-11, 8:25 AM #4
seen it.

I say....

[http://blargh.mine.nu/test/139/7.jpg]

:D its great
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-10-11, 8:29 AM #5
I liked "This Land" more.
2004-10-11, 8:54 AM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
I liked "This Land" more.

me too. Even though this one is a helluva lot better than the lame Rocky Horror one I saw last night.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-10-11, 9:19 AM #7
I like this one much better than "this land" which is not hard.
2004-10-11, 10:11 AM #8
Eh... I liked the "This Land" one more.
2004-10-11, 11:27 AM #9
Yeah, I like "This Land"better as well.
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-10-11, 1:42 PM #10
http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=goodtobeindc&preplay=1-&ratingBar=off

That link is helluva lot faster, and using a bit of reengineering of the link, I removed the stupid ad at the beginning.

Oh, and here is This Land, with the same reengineering for no before-viewing ad:

http://atomfilms.shockwave.com/contentPlay/shockwave.jsp?id=this_land&preplay=1-&ratingBar=off
2004-10-11, 1:56 PM #11
I don't like the lyrics, but the visuals are great.
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2004-10-11, 2:06 PM #12
I always like the Clinton part.

*smack* "What'd I do?" *smack*
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2004-10-11, 2:08 PM #13
I guess it's okay, but

This Land > DC

Ha! They brought back the Clinton: "What'd I do?" line :D
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-10-11, 2:33 PM #14
funny stuff, about on par with this land i'd say.
2004-10-11, 3:42 PM #15
The Clinton part is this one's only redeeming value.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-10-11, 5:21 PM #16
Agreed, the first one is better.
2004-10-11, 7:49 PM #17
It looked like they saw that thier first one was a success, and then they did another one which just plain stunk. Kinda like the second two matrix movies.
2004-10-11, 7:54 PM #18
Quote:
Me oh my! Do we have news for you! After much debate, my brother and I decided to make another short animation for the 2004 Election.

You’re probably asking yourself, “Why the @#$% would you do that? A sequel will never be as good as THIS LAND!” Believe me, we’ve asked ourselves the same question many times.

I wish I could tell you that our “can do” attitude gave us the courage to try and do it again. In truth, we’re a couple of whores. Jay Leno asked if we’d be interested in making another one to debut on The Tonight Show, we said, “YES! YES! TAKE US, JAY! TAKE US!” Then we went back to our warehouse and panicked.

Let us dispel the myth right here and now. Our next animation will not be another THIS LAND. We could spend the rest of our lives trying to make another THIS LAND and it’d never happen. That’s okay. We’ve accepted that on some deep metaphysical level. But as two guys trying to build a career, we had to make a choice…

1) Never do anything ever again and get used to saying, “Hey, remember us? We’re the guys who made that Interweb cartoon.”

2) Hunker down and do the best we can.

We chose the latter.

We set specific goals for the sequel. We wanted to make you laugh (obviously). We wanted to stamp our brand on your brain again (JibJab! JibJab!). But most of all we wanted to make you say to yourself, “Dang! Those guys busted my gut! I’d pay ten bucks to see their movie!”

So there you have it… a deep look into the strategic decision making apparatus here at JibJab. (Sorry it isn’t more interesting.)

Our next animation should premiere on The Tonight Show in early October. Sign up for our newsletter* and to be the first to hear when it’s available. The lyrics are written, the song is recorded and we’re deep in the process of animating. We think it’s got a few chuckles in it, but what the hell do we know? We’re grown men making cartoons.

Hoping you still think we’re funny next month,
Gregg & Evan

* In case you were wondering… we never, ever use our mailing list to send spam. It’s the Holy Grail here at JibJab... the only connection between us and you. We cherish it, shower it with gifts, and when the mood strikes, make passionate love to it (despite the risk of electrocution).

P.S. Reloaded and Revolutions PWND
Think while it's still legal.
2004-10-11, 8:44 PM #19
It's good, but the other one is better...
2004-10-11, 9:09 PM #20
I actually liked it more than the first one.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-10-12, 5:48 AM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle
I actually liked it more than the first one.

Aye, its the funniest damn thing Ive seen all week. :D
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2004-10-12, 6:12 AM #22
I gotta say I much prefer This Land, funny funny stuff.
As for the Matrix movies, the way I see it is this:
Tthe first one was best for story-line, but the second is best for action.
Looking it from the point of view of an action buff, the second is my fave. But from the point of view of a story buff, the first is my fave.
The first one also had, if not the better acting, perhaps the more convincing....
But rating it by acting is also rating it by its characters, since one cannot exist without the other. THe second one had much more interesting characters imo, I wish there were a lot more of the Twins.
You may have noticed I haven't done anything with the third one, thats because I wish they hadn't either.
Oh, and sorry if I turn this into another matrix argument, but I loved the first two matrixes.
You can't judge a book by it's file size

↑ Up to the top!