Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Dun dun dun, dun da dun, dun da dun.
Dun dun dun, dun da dun, dun da dun.
2004-10-11, 3:10 PM #1
EP3: Revenge of the Sith Trailer Description!
Mon, Oct 11, 04 01:19:37 PM EDT

For each of the past two prequels we've provided full on descriptions of the trailers for the films. The tradition now continues with the final Star Wars movie ever, Revenge of the Sith. If you want to draw out the excitement, check out these classics like February 18th, 1999 for Episode I's Trailer B November 9th, 2001 and Episode II's first trailer. Tonight is no different from those magical nights of the past - here's the Episode III trailer description!

SPOILER WARNING!

The first half of trailer consists of ... (begin spoilers - highlight to read) a familiar voice over with Alec Guinness. Fans will love to hear him speak his monologue to Luke from A New Hope about "Jedi Knights always being the guardians of peace." As we hear these familiar phrases, they've intercut shots from various Star Wars episodes, excluding Episode 3. Only when the monologue ends with "Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force" about 40 seconds into the trailer do we see the face of Anakin. He is partly covered with dark hood, looking positively evil.
This is followed by the shot of erupting volcanoes, then some sort of volcanic field with crab-like creatures and then darkness, all accompanied by Vader breathing. Then the following is heard:

Sidious: "Lord Vader..."

Vader: "Yes?"

Sidious: "Rise."

Then we see Anakin in full Vader gear rising on some sort of operating table to which he is chained. The rising is slow and is intercut with shot of various Star Wars main characters. When the table has fully risen so that Vader is basically standing upright, the meatiest part of trailer begins, with many, many shots from Episode III. Most of them are very, very short - this will be something for freeze-frame fanatics to analyze.

The ones that stuck in my memory:

Dozens of Wookiees on some sort of floating platform.

Padme with signature Leia hairdo.

The Tri-Fighter, aka the precursor to the TIE fighter with three curving wings and guns mounted between each wing. They shoot red lasers.

The ARC Clonefigthter, aka the precursor to X-Wing, with three wings on each side.

A gigantic starship being sprayed by streams of something that looks like dense acid.

The trailer ends with the title "THE SAGA IS COMPLETE - MAY 2005" and ... (end spoilers) is about 100 seconds long.

We've been told that all of the music is edited from previous Episodes, featuring Darth Vader's Theme prominently. We're pumped about this, but have to admit this is quite a surprise to see this key moment this early in marketing. LFL sure is confident about this one- that's a good sign! Reaction is running strong in the spoiler forums. Enter at your own risk!

From TFN
>>untie shoes
2004-10-11, 3:21 PM #2
Ah it's gonna suck. :(
2004-10-11, 3:36 PM #3
Hopefully I'll catch it on TV, on Entertainment Tonight or something. When does that show come on?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-10-11, 4:04 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior

Hurrah for optimism!
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-10-11, 4:30 PM #5
When does the trailer come out?
2004-10-11, 4:34 PM #6
Quote:
The ARC Clonefigthter, aka the precursor to X-Wing, with three wings on each side.
why not headhunters.... why not headhunters....
/me gets shot
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-10-11, 4:41 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine

Dittoed.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-10-11, 5:10 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Genki
why not headhunters.... why not headhunters....
/me gets shot

Because that would make sense, and we'll have none of that.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-10-11, 5:18 PM #9
Sounds good, can't wait to see it.
2004-10-11, 5:20 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle
Hopefully I'll catch it on TV, on Entertainment Tonight or something. When does that show come on?

Chaz, I don't think Entertainment Tonight will show the Episode III teaser. Three years ago when I was looking for the Episode II "Breathing" teaser, it was nowhere to be found on Entertainment Tonight, AT ALL. However, MTV's TRL aired it, so, in all likelihood, TRL will air this one as well, when Lucasfilm is ready to release it. I'm sure theforce.net will be on top of when it airs, and I or someone who visits that site will post the news here when we find out.
"At an end your rule is, and not short enough it was."
-Yoda to Darth Sidious in Revenge Of The Sith
2004-10-11, 5:25 PM #11
I think I read somewhere it will be behind Hyperspace at first (though I might remember it wrong). Then it will later be released elsewhere. I think I'll have a look or two at millenniumfalcon every now and then... That place has such scoundrels hanging around that you might find a link to it rather sooner than later over there... :)
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-10-11, 6:33 PM #12
random question, but what's the crap I heard about episodes 7, 8, and 9? O_o
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2004-10-11, 6:34 PM #13
crap
Think while it's still legal.
2004-10-11, 6:36 PM #14
Quote:

Answer the question!
Hazard a company one process.
2004-10-11, 8:11 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior

I won't say it'll suck, but I will say that based upon the sour quality of the last two in terms of story, I hold little hope Episode III will be any different.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-10-12, 2:23 PM #16
I'm actually really excited about Episode 3. Screw all you doubters.
2004-10-12, 3:33 PM #17
Quote:

Word.
>>untie shoes
2004-10-12, 4:18 PM #18
Quote:

Ditto. I know I'll be entertained
Pissed Off?
2004-10-12, 4:24 PM #19
It's supposedly going to be attached to "The Incredibles" in early November.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-10-12, 4:35 PM #20
Quote:

That's nice. But I'm very quickly loseing hope for anything really good comming out with the name "Star Wars" attached to it. That mainly applies to games and movies.

Yeah, it'll entertain me, sure, but I hold almost no hope that it'll hold any repeat viewing value for me.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2004-10-12, 4:44 PM #21
I'm excited for Episode 3 as well. I mean, come on.. It's the return of Darth Vader... That alone has me excited to the point of exploding in my pants. :D
2004-10-12, 4:55 PM #22
Quote:

That's the spirit!:D
2004-10-12, 8:31 PM #23
Yes. I 4thed or 5thed vincents remark. I had fun watching the action of episodes 1 and 2 and I will have fun watching episode 3. It's all in how you look at it.
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2004-10-12, 8:59 PM #24
Yes, if you don't take some movies too seriously.
2004-10-12, 9:22 PM #25
I'm not taking those movies too seriously. I like movies that keep me entertained and engauged the whole time I'm watching them. Even after the 20th viewing. Episode I has not done that. Episode II has not done that. They were fun to see the first 2, maybe 3, hell possibly even 5 times. Now.... I can't STAND to sit through them. They bore the hell out of me. The action sequences are better, but I'm not going to pop a movie into my DVD player, just to watch that. I hold little hope Episode III will be any better than the previous two. I'm not taking it to seriously, I'm just telling it like it is for me.
Last Stand
2004-10-12, 9:55 PM #26
Ever think maybe Lucas saw the mistakes he made in Episode 1 & 2 and fixed them in 3?
2004-10-12, 10:17 PM #27
I nth Vincents remark. I liked the first two, and I see myself enjoying the next one as well.
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-10-13, 1:22 AM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by Delphian
Ever think maybe Lucas saw the mistakes he made in Episode 1 & 2 and fixed them in 3?

I think the only way for Lucas to notice his mistakes would have been bad sales figures. Unfortunately, Ep 1 and 2 sold very well, so Lucas probably sits in his director's chair and thinks he did everything perfectly.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-10-13, 11:13 AM #29
Quote:

Quoted because I know it makes you feel special.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-10-13, 12:31 PM #30
:)
2004-10-13, 1:08 PM #31
I said the teaser is to be attached to "The Incredibles". Don't expect a full theatrical trailer until March/April 2005.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-10-13, 1:53 PM #32
Quote:
I think the only way for Lucas to notice his mistakes would have been bad sales figures. Unfortunately, Ep 1 and 2 sold very well, so Lucas probably sits in his director's chair and thinks he did everything perfectly.

Lucas has admitted in many interviews that he knows Episode's 1 and 2 weren't very well recieved by the fans, regardless of the sale's. He knows that ANYTHING with the Star Wars name on it's going to sell. He isn't a stupid man. He simply holds to the statement that they're "his movies" and he can "do what I want with them".
2004-10-13, 2:00 PM #33
It can't be worse than Episode I.
2004-10-13, 2:07 PM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by Warlord
It can't be worse than Episode I.

No, no, no, no.

It can't be worse than the Ewok movies.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-13, 2:08 PM #35
Alright, enough about star wars--Bill, when are we gonna see your next gun model ;)
D E A T H
2004-10-13, 3:40 PM #36
It's going to be a while. School is a real pain.
>>untie shoes
2004-10-13, 4:36 PM #37
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
No, no, no, no.

It can't be worse than the Ewok movies.

Which are actually not as bad as the Holiday Special. This is fun! Star Wars association!
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-10-13, 5:05 PM #38
Which are actuallly not as bad as the creepy Jabba-The Emperor-Jax Dexter-Jar Jar Binx gay orgy videos that are out there.
Frightening the very small and very old since 1952.
2004-10-13, 5:12 PM #39
.....That you've apparently watched.. :eek:
2004-10-13, 7:34 PM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
That's nice. But I'm very quickly loseing hope for anything really good comming out with the name "Star Wars" attached to it. That mainly applies to games and movies.

Have you seen the new Star Wars Miniatures game? It's an awesome game. I have almost every Rebel rare (just need Jedi Knight Luke and Captive Leia).

This is definitely the best Star Wars game to come out in a long time. It has brought back my love and excitement for Star Wars.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."

↑ Up to the top!