Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Contacting the dead and things of that sort...
Contacting the dead and things of that sort...
2004-10-11, 8:14 PM #1
Do you honestly believe there is a way (or will be) to make contact with those who have died? Believe there is a possible communication medium between the living and dead (such as EVP, some sort of meditation, spiritual grounds, psychics and so on)?

Personally, I believe, from what I've seen so far, such "contacting" is impossible (or "not on solid grounds.") The one thing that annoys me the most is those psychics seen on television and interviews. I mean, honestly, who believes in such people with this "gift?" The only "gift" they really have is making money in such a way and staying popular for so long. All these arrogant people do is play on words and try to "guess" and make vague statements about the person's personal life and who has "died." And they are all alike (because it appears one method works best?) These shows featuring "psychics" are just guessing games with good acting. Oh well...

Another thing about these people is they are publicly feeding off of another person's grief. Who goes to "contacting the dead" psyichics? Usually someone seeking comfort after they lost a loved one. Good thing that these sadden, grief-stricken people have recieved false hopes? I don't think so...

Anyway, this thread is about the issues of contacting the dead and communicating with the unliving. I still remain skeptical. You?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-10-11, 8:24 PM #2
You shall NEVER TAME THE POWER OF THE NECRINOMICON!
*swallows your soul
2004-10-11, 8:53 PM #3
There is a dead person in my computer. I trained him to put bytes on and off the hard drive for me. It makes my computer faster.
Stuff
2004-10-11, 9:12 PM #4
I think whether you could contact dead people would have to depend on what happens to people after they die. Make sure you keep your ideas compatible.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-10-11, 9:15 PM #5
you have pretty skin... GIVE IT TO US!!
2004-10-11, 9:16 PM #6
I don't think we'll ever really know, and thats enough of a conclusion for me.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-11, 9:48 PM #7
yes! there is a way...but it kills you in the long run. well...at least from what i read out of the Bible....Saul had a witch/wizard/thing contact Samuel for advice on how to fight the philistines (or some other peoples i forget), and there was warnings in God's law (somewheres in leviticus) that if u dealt with wizards you'd be cursed and would die...and Saul died in battle. of course, there is no evidence to support this. ^_^

maybe we're able to contact them dead peoples, but they can't come to the phone right now? or their caller id is screwed up...
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2004-10-11, 10:14 PM #8
everyone will eventyully die, The_Lost_One. it is just a matter of where and when
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2004-10-11, 10:30 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Overlord
*swallows your soul

lol, i thought the exact same thing.... almost
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-10-12, 12:58 AM #10
I dunno what the big deal is, people contact the dead all the time.
Why, someone rang me just the other day....
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2004-10-12, 3:06 AM #11
...er...okay...
2004-10-12, 3:10 AM #12
Quote:
*swallows your soul

<3
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2004-10-12, 3:14 AM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Elana14
everyone will eventyully die, The_Lost_One. it is just a matter of where and when

Where and when are pushovers, how is much better!

I think the first key to knowing that any TV pschyic is full of bull is when they have to ask your name first. :p
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-10-12, 3:17 AM #14
There's one sure way to contact the dead easily: Die. When you join them, it's easy enough (assuming you go to the same place, that is :) ).

Yeah, and the dead have no business meddling in the affairs of the living anyway, so it's good there's no way to do it.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-10-12, 4:29 AM #15
Quote:
*swallows your soul

Too late; Massassi has already done that...
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-10-12, 4:37 AM #16
There's a reason you can't talk to the dead. That's because they are.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2004-10-12, 4:53 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedigreedo
Where and when are pushovers, how is much better!

I think the first key to knowing that any TV pschyic is full of bull is when they have to ask your name first. :p

TV Psychics are like TV Evangelists. Mildly amusing to watch, but not worth paying money for.
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2004-10-12, 10:12 AM #18
I believe that talking to the dead is possible through witchcraft or similar. I agree that the ones on TV are just out to make money though.
/fluffle
2004-10-12, 10:15 AM #19
dead people are dead, they aren't floating around the place waiting for some spiritual loon jackass to talk to them about stuff.
2004-10-12, 11:39 AM #20
Well, many religions believe in life after death, so I guess such contact could be under some religious belief. *shrug*

↑ Up to the top!