Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → using gmail
using gmail
2004-10-12, 5:05 PM #1
who here uses their gmail account on a regular basis?

i don't and i don't know why. i just haven't switched yet for some reason.
2004-10-12, 5:14 PM #2
I only use it to communicate with parents/friends. My hotmail account is still used for everything else, so hopefully the spam will stay there.
2004-10-12, 5:22 PM #3
I use my G-mail account primarily. I only go to my hotmail account to delete spam or check up on e-mail from people who don't realize I switched (despite giving them several e-mails on the matter).
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-10-12, 5:27 PM #4
I use mine all the time. All my Netscape account gets is spam and messages from my teachers. Unfortunately, I was an idiot and used my gmail account when registering for something. Now I get spam. I've been mostly lucky though. While I can't get permanently rid of all of it, I can send it to the spam folder. That's where 95% of it lands now.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-10-12, 5:50 PM #5
I use mine for communication. I still use my hotmail account to register on websites, forum, et cetera.
2004-10-12, 6:08 PM #6
I don't use it because it doesn't work in Opera, which pisses me off. gmail is for nerds, and they should know that nerds don't use IE.
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2004-10-12, 7:21 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast
I use my G-mail account primarily. I only go to my hotmail account to delete spam or check up on e-mail from people who don't realize I switched (despite giving them several e-mails on the matter).

same. people still send to my hotmail -_-;

Quote:
Originally posted by CyganusX
I don't use it because it doesn't work in Opera, which pisses me off. gmail is for nerds, and they should know that nerds don't use IE.

Nerds also don't use firefox? :rolleyes:
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-10-12, 7:25 PM #8
I still need an invite...:(

*cough*Fm_MasterJack@hotmaildotcom*cough*
2004-10-12, 7:28 PM #9
My Gmail account is now my primary email account. My personal @wi.rr.com is flooded with spam, along with @yahoo.com
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-10-12, 7:41 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by CygnusX

They do know that. But they also know that it should only work for good browsers, such as Firefox, not Opera :p
2004-10-12, 7:41 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Master Jack
I still need an invite...:(

*cough*Fm_MasterJack@hotmaildotcom*cough*

Sent.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-10-12, 7:59 PM #12
aequitas.veritas@gmail.com

i use it ALOT. i think thats why i get os many invites all the itme... im using 4% of my gig!
[teletubbie voice] BIG HUG!!!! [/teletubbie voice]
2004-10-12, 8:04 PM #13
Nope, have no reason to with my own domain and mailserver...
2004-10-12, 8:40 PM #14
Quote:

Same.

<3 Gmail. The GUI is farking amazing in my opinion.
2004-10-12, 10:20 PM #15
I just got 4 gmail invites in my email.

<3!!!!!! Massassi I wub you.
2004-10-13, 1:18 AM #16
I'm very disappointed. I didn't realise they have a stupid 10MB limit for attachments. I thought Gmail would solve once and for all the problem of submitting large levels here and to other places. It's just insane and serves no purpose. Before I noticed this, I thought it was a very cool email service. Though my email traffic is somewhat low in general, and thus I haven't used it that much anyway.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2004-10-13, 2:43 AM #17
I only use it if I give my Email to friends and other people of the "real" world. So I hope it will stay spam free for a while. For other purposes I use different emails from either my own domains or I have a web.de which is rather cool since it has a really good working spam filter :)
My levels
2004-10-13, 6:08 AM #18
Quote:

Got it in one. :)
2004-10-13, 6:13 AM #19
gmail acount primarly. it's so clean and well made, who wouldn't want to use it?
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-10-13, 6:19 AM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by lassev
I'm very disappointed. I didn't realise they have a stupid 10MB limit for attachments. I thought Gmail would solve once and for all the problem of submitting large levels here and to other places. It's just insane and serves no purpose. Before I noticed this, I thought it was a very cool email service. Though my email traffic is somewhat low in general, and thus I haven't used it that much anyway.

...well what do you expect? If they removed file size limits, people would be sending warez with it, and Gmail would be under serious heat. Not to mention server loads.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-10-13, 6:37 AM #21
I typically use my gmail account and my hotmail account. I sign up for sites with my gmail account that way I get fewer junk mail messages from the site I signed up for.
2004-10-13, 7:07 AM #22
There's a very good reason for the limit. Either way, though, 10mb is huge comparatively.
D E A T H
2004-10-13, 7:11 AM #23
Every time I click the link to send an invite, Firefox and IE never do anything.

What's up with that?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-13, 10:46 AM #24
I use teh Gmail.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-10-13, 10:49 AM #25
/me bigsex gmail
Hazard a company one process.
2004-10-13, 11:36 AM #26
I use my gmail account as my main email account now. At my current rate of recieving and sending emails, it will take me 62.5 years to use up all of my 1 gig of free space. 166 years if I dont count the pictures that my friend emailed me (which I am going to delete soon anyways).
2004-10-13, 12:00 PM #27
Wolfy do you have popups disabled? That link pops up a window.

I have all my massassi accounts forwarded to my gmail account simply because it has better spam filtering than the massassi server (massassi server has NONE).
2004-10-13, 12:07 PM #28
I've rarely used my GMail account so far. It's the only one so far where my name hasn't been botted for years (such as Yahoo, where my name had been registered since somewhere arround 1999, and I took this name in 2000). I typically keep all of my accounts spam-free anyway... But I only register with the Yahoo account that I used for this one so I only have to fight the work of spambots at one inbox (and I still remain rather spam free, getting perhaps 2 or 3 junk mail items a week)

As for browsers, I hate IE, but most of my connection is through my uni. library which has only IE... The FireFox-equipped computer lab is a full mile's walk away, and I don't have that much time between classes.
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-10-13, 2:09 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian

Ah-HA. Thank you much, Brian-san.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-13, 2:46 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolvie17
aequitas.veritas@gmail.com

i use it ALOT. i think thats why i get os many invites all the itme... im using 4% of my gig!

d00d... are u a boondock fan? cuz... that movie rox

but gmail is my primary... i absolutely hate hotmail... and always have... especially after the last change of look they made... it's absolutely ugly! and yes i realize i use too many ...'s
please... NO MORE OATMEAL COOKIES THE PAIN!!!!
2004-10-13, 3:18 PM #31
Quote:

I have all my massassi accounts forwarded to my gmail account simply because it has better spam filtering than the massassi server (massassi server has NONE).

Hey could do you that for all the staff members?
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-10-13, 3:41 PM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by JavelinD
d00d... are u a boondock fan? cuz... that movie rox

It's sad that people only know those 2 words from The Boondock Saints. I take it you don't go to church much.
2004-10-13, 3:47 PM #33
That's...latin...wow. Just wow.
D E A T H
2004-10-13, 4:22 PM #34
Quote:
Nerds also don't use firefox?

Nerds that don't want to be like all the other nerds use opera.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-10-13, 4:38 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by Ubuu
Hey could do you that for all the staff members?
I can do it for the staff members that ASK for it, but I think it would be a bit presumtuous for me to forward their mail to my gmail account, don't you?
2004-10-13, 4:42 PM #36
Quote:
I can do it for the staff members that ASK for it, but I think it would be a bit presumtuous for me to forward their mail to my gmail account, don't you?

Haha. I meant if we asked for it individually. :p
In Tribute to Adam Sliger. Rest in Peace

10/7/85 - 12/9/03
2004-10-13, 5:11 PM #37
I really like Gmail, it's my primariy email address. My other yahoo account is for signing up to forums and stuff like that.
2004-10-13, 6:06 PM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
It's sad that people only know those 2 words from The Boondock Saints. I take it you don't go to church much.

well i knew it was latin and im not religious so i don't go to church... BUT it is true that the majority of people know those words from the movie... so i was simply asking if he was a fan
please... NO MORE OATMEAL COOKIES THE PAIN!!!!
2004-10-13, 6:23 PM #39
Wolvie is a female.

I use my gmail account primarily. The spam filtering and labeling and archiving options are excellent.
2004-10-13, 6:33 PM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
Nerds that want to be like all the other nerds two years ago use opera.

Fixed.

I rarely use mine. I have 6 invites constantly (even when I use one or two) and don't have much space used in it. With OSCMail, I don't need it.
-=I'm the wang of this here site, and it's HUGE! So just imagine how big I am.=-
1337Yectiwan
The OSC Empire
10 of 14 -- 27 Lives On

↑ Up to the top!