Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → What's the point of life?
What's the point of life?
2004-10-13, 9:00 PM #1
First of all - no this is not a thread about how sucky my life is.
What the hell is up with life?

About the first 20 years of life - Preparing for work, argueably the most fun time of life.
20 tilll (60, 70? ish) - Working. Argueable the best time of life (If you start a family)
Retirment till death - being an old fart? Most boring part of life?

Shouldn't life be alot more fun?! I've really spent the last couple hours trying to think of a way around this. I want to go places, do things, see things. I don't want a home... I'd love to just travel around, stay in a place for a while working enought to support myself and then buy a ticket to a different place. Keep on meeting different people and such. Different cultures. I'd love it.

Then when I'm too old to do this... I'd... jump of a cliff with a pretty view or something! Heh well not really, but that's the way I'd like to go, without the suicidal part.

Anyone else agree with me that the way of life is screwed up now?
2004-10-13, 9:01 PM #2
Life is what you make it.
Pissed Off?
2004-10-13, 9:05 PM #3
I fully agree with the travelly thing, I wanna work enough to support myself and travel the world but... I dunno I'd be too afraid of starving on the streets or something so... gogo corporate whoring!
2004-10-13, 9:07 PM #4
Why are we here?
What's life all about?
Is God really real,
Or is there some doubt?
Well, tonight, we're going to sort it all out,
For, tonight, it's 'The Meaning of Life'.

What's the point of all this hoax?
Is it the chicken and the egg time?
Are we just yolks?
Or, perhaps, we're just one of God's little jokes.
Well, ca c'est 'The Meaning of Life'.

Is life just a game where we make up the rules
While we're searching for something to say,
Or are we just simply spiralling coils
Of self-replicating DNA.

What is life?
What is our fate?
Is there a Heaven and Hell?
Do we reincarnate?
Is mankind evolving,
Or is it too late?
Well, tonight, here's 'The Meaning of Life'.

For millions, this life is a sad vale of tears,
Sitting 'round with really nothing to say
While the scientists say
We're just simply spiralling coils
Of self-replicating DNA.

So, just why,
Why are we here,
And just what,
What, what, what do we fear?
Well, ce soir, for a change,
It will all be made clear,
For this is 'The Meaning of Life'.
C'est le sens de la vie.
This is 'The Meaning of Life'.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-10-13, 9:08 PM #5
My idea of the perfect life is to work in an isolated, tiny cubicle 12 hours a day writing code with no benefits, no recognition, and no vacation time for very little pay. Repeat adnausiem until I retire at the age of 85 or so, and live my final days on the street.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-10-13, 9:09 PM #6
You're setting yourself up for a real life Office Space :D
Pissed Off?
2004-10-13, 9:12 PM #7
I wonder if I should put that on my resume. I bet I'd be hired in no time! ;)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-10-13, 9:12 PM #8
Fourty-Two.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-10-13, 9:13 PM #9
To live, and learn from your mistakes.
To love everyone around you
To experience love
To experience the joy's of the world around you
To possibly teach others lesson's that they may learn from, and in turn pass on to others'
2004-10-13, 9:16 PM #10
There's no point to life. As soon as you're born you start to die. I think the whole idea is to cram in as much fun as you can before death taps you on the shoulder. After all, you only live once.
Rock is dead - but I believe in necrophilia.
2004-10-13, 10:37 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle
Bunch of rehetorical questions

STOP IT! I DON'T WANT TO THINK BECAUSE MY HEAD IS ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!!! STOP IT

/me's head explodes
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2004-10-13, 10:50 PM #12
We're here to procreate and further our species...
2004-10-13, 11:07 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by KegZ
There's no point to life. As soon as you're born you start to die. I think the whole idea is to cram in as much fun as you can before death taps you on the shoulder. After all, you only live once.

"Life's a piece of ****
When you look at it
Life's a laugh and death's a joke, it's true.
You'll see it's all a show
Keep 'em laughing as you go
Just remember that the last laugh is on you."

(This is a very Python-able thread)
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
2004-10-14, 1:23 AM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Overlord
We're here to procreate and further our species...

So that they con procreate and further the species.
Sorry for the lousy German
2004-10-14, 1:59 AM #15
We're here to help our kids be better at life than we are :p
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2004-10-14, 4:18 AM #16
Life is Life. anyone that questions the purpose too much should be shot. we're alive, and we have free control over our actions, then we can do anything.

'least that's how I see it.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-10-14, 5:04 AM #17
"screwing increasingly hotter chicks..."
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-10-14, 5:39 AM #18
I got an e-mail about the meaning of life a while back... goes something like this:

Quote:
On the first day God created the dog. God said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. I will give you a life span of twenty years." The dog said, "That's too long to be barking. Give me ten years and I'll give you back the other ten." So God agreed.

On the second day God created the monkey. God said, "Entertain people, do monkey tricks, make them laugh. I'll give you a twenty-year life span." The monkey said, "How boring, monkey tricks for twenty years? I don't think so. Dog gave you back ten, so that's what I'll do too, okay?" And God agreed.

On the third day God created the cow. God said, "You must go to the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer. I will give you a life span of sixty years." The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. Let me have twenty and I'll give back the other forty." And God agreed again.

On the forth day God created man. God said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. I'll give you twenty years." Man said, "What? Only twenty years! Tell you what, I'll take my twenty, and the forty the cow gave back and the ten the monkey gave back and the ten the dog gave back, that makes eighty, okay?" "Okay," said God, "You've got a deal." So that is why the first twenty years we eat, sleep, play, and enjoy ourselves; for the next forty years we slave in the sun to support our family; for the next ten years we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren; and for the last ten years we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone. Life has now been explained to you.
Stuff
2004-10-14, 6:53 AM #19
Simply awesome Kyle <3
2004-10-14, 7:02 AM #20
Kyle90 wins
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-10-14, 7:25 AM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
Fourty-Two.

Shhh!
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-10-14, 9:09 AM #22
Kyle, I love you.
Hazard a company one process.
2004-10-14, 9:26 AM #23
maybe massassi or making good mods for JK1.

Or collecting each soul of tha massassians....
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-10-14, 9:55 AM #24
If you enjoy life, quit whining.
If you hate life, end or improve it.
If you're somehwere in the middle, make up your damn mind.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-10-14, 9:58 AM #25
life is a chance to do whatever the hell you want and see what you can get away with.
2004-10-14, 10:13 AM #26
It's not the answer that's important, so much as the question.
Steal my dreams and sell them back to me.....
2004-10-14, 10:59 AM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
Fourty-Two.

Coincidentially, that's the number of times you should repeatedly click a wild animal in Warcraft III for an "interesting" effect. (For those poor Massassians that don't know of this, try it! It works in the demo as well)
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-10-14, 6:19 PM #28
to die
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2004-10-15, 5:28 PM #29
I believe that all things ony exist when they have a purpose. Of course the question is, do species as a whole share a purpose or are all purposes individualized? So is one tiger's purpose for existence different from another tiger's purpose for existence? I know for certain that our species doesn't exist just to repopulate. If that was the case, women who aren't concieve and men who are impotent, wouldn't exist in society.
There is also another question when searching the "point of life". Would it be best for humans never to find out the meaning of our existence? What if you find out that the only reason you're alive is to be a person's form of entertainment? How about if you are being used to power machines ala the Matrix?
2004-10-15, 5:37 PM #30
Wow. Kyle90 hit the nail on the head.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2004-10-15, 6:19 PM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel King
FThen when I'm too old to do this... I'd... jump of a cliff with a pretty view or something! Heh well not really, but that's the way I'd like to go, without the suicidal part.

You want me to push you?
2004-10-15, 6:51 PM #32
To be the eyes
and ears
and conscience
of the Creator of the Universe
Fool
2004-10-15, 7:33 PM #33
"His Will Was Set, And Only Death Would Break It"

"None knows what the new day shall bring him"
2004-10-15, 7:36 PM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
You want me to push you?

Sure. I'll give you a cookie.
2004-10-15, 10:32 PM #35
we live to serve to die
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2004-10-16, 12:57 AM #36
sex..... and Jump, Little Children

or maybe.... with Jump, Little Children? kinky.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-10-16, 1:31 AM #37
Bah, so many depressing answers.

"If life seems jolly rotten
There's something you've forgotten
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing"
2004-10-16, 1:47 AM #38
The meaning of life is like why I'm replying to this thread.

Because it's there.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-10-16, 10:03 AM #39
The meaning of life is in understanding God's sense of humour.
The Last True Evil - consistent nobody in the Discussion Forum since 1998
2004-10-16, 9:08 PM #40
Quote:
What's the point of life?

Sex. Duh!

↑ Up to the top!