Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → google desktop search
google desktop search
2004-10-14, 8:49 AM #1
clicky
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-10-14, 9:05 AM #2
I can see that being turned around into something it wasn't meant to be.

But then again, so was the internet in certain respects.

Doesn't Windows come with a "find file or folders" option?
Hazard a company one process.
2004-10-14, 9:29 AM #3
This is nice... it integrates with the regular online google search, so I can use my IE Google toolbar to access it.
2004-10-14, 9:47 AM #4
YAY! :D

[Edit: Oooh it knows about firefox... it had me close it before it installed... :p

Hmm it uses a TCP port and an internet browser! Awesome.]

2004-10-14, 3:48 PM #5
Wow! This rocks.
That painting was a gift, Todd. I'm taking it with me.
2004-10-14, 4:20 PM #6
Aside from (maybe) easier access, what's different between that and Windows' built-in feature?
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-14, 4:35 PM #7
I can't believe you people are allowing Google to monopolize the Internet.

Google isn't cool anymore. Let it go.
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-10-14, 4:37 PM #8
Monopolizing would be intentionally shutting out competitors, wouldn't it? It seems Google is just that much better than everyone else.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-10-14, 5:01 PM #9
No thank you I'll avoid putting extra overhead on my computer.
2004-10-14, 6:45 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-10-14, 6:49 PM #11
This is just a setp towards eventual Global domination by Google... once they have compiled a list of all the files on your hard drive, it will send it to the central Google server... then, it will start to take over your computer by embedding virii into all your files...then it will hook every computer together into one massive distributed computing grid that it will use to break all the encryption and security around every nuclear missile launch site in the world, and then, before you know it, WWIII!

But I downloaded it anyways. It looks cool.
Stuff
2004-10-14, 7:05 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-10-14, 7:06 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle90
This is just a setp towards eventual Global domination by Google... once they have compiled a list of all the files on your hard drive, it will send it to the central Google server... then, it will start to take over your computer by embedding virii into all your files...then it will hook every computer together into one massive distributed computing grid that it will use to break all the encryption and security around every nuclear missile launch site in the world

skynet?
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-10-14, 7:30 PM #14
Better Google than Microsoft. >.>
2004-10-14, 7:47 PM #15
Quote:
he new product, available at http://desktop.google.com, ups the ante in Google's intensifying battle with software giant Microsoft Corp. and Yahoo Inc., which owns the world's second most popular search engine.
and what website was this news posted on?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-10-14, 7:53 PM #16
Does not work :(
2004-10-14, 9:12 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrawn42689
Better Google than Microsoft. >.>

This is true. If there's one company that could challenge or "bring down" Microsoft, I would bet on it being Google.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-10-14, 9:37 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikus
Does not work :(

?
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."

↑ Up to the top!