Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Online Communities
Online Communities
2004-10-14, 6:34 PM #1
Oh. My. God. I am so bored, you wouldn't believe. And yes, I do realize I sound like a 14-year-old girl and that this isn't an actual problem...and that a lot of you would kill for this kind of free time. Nevertheless, I am bored. The Internet used to be so fun and interesting and seemed so boundless. I remember one time when I was in grade 7, about 5 years ago, when I searched through hundreds of search results on Yahoo looking for a Pokémon ROM while listening to R.E.M.'s "The Great Beyond". Around that time I discovered my first online community of sorts. It was the web site for that game, Worms 2, and, even though I never actually played the game or cared at all for it, I spent hours and hours in the chat room. I met so many people there, most of them in passing. I created so many personas. Then they shut it down. After that it was the Final Fantasy Online forums. There I spent even more time. Met even more people. It introduced the young, innocent me to hentai, which eventually led me to the heavier drug, straight out pr0n. Ironically, like this site, there were rules and strict moderators. They changed the site so many times, they changed everything, the people changed. A lot of stuff. StarCraft. Diablo. Jedi Knight. The Zone. The Zone clans. Somehow I wound up here. I hate pr0n.

Everything's changed. The Internet isn't the same. I remember when Google was cool, when few people knew about it. It is stale, saccharine. Some kind of digital cancer.

I'm sitting here, desperate, depressed. And nothing has changed. I can't do anything, and nothing's happening. I used to go to this site, a site for Flash animators. It was cool. I used to be so excited about Flash. I made some animations. Nothing spectacular, I had spectacular plans.

The weight is crushing and so much has buckled.

:(
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2004-10-14, 6:36 PM #2
Can't say I can help you. On the bright side, college sounds like it'll give you a good dose of social life (whenever it is that you get to it).
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-14, 6:38 PM #3
what happened to you internet? You used to be cool! maaaaaaaaaaan.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-10-14, 6:55 PM #4
The internet needs a SERIOUS overhaul anyways... It's been running on the same protocols since the sixties...
Stuff
2004-10-14, 7:00 PM #5
I've noticed the same sorts of things recently. I'm using the internet just at a tool now instead of a toy.
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-10-14, 7:13 PM #6
aye, the golden days of the internet are long gone by. ah well, there's always massassi
2004-10-14, 8:17 PM #7
I take it you dont have stairs in your house.
2004-10-14, 8:18 PM #8
The internet sucks. It is a corrupting disease on society.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-10-14, 8:51 PM #9
Doing anything in excess takes the fun out of it. Don't use the internet for a few days and you'll appreciate it a lot more.
Pissed Off?
2004-10-15, 12:47 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
I take it you dont have stairs in your house.

I am protected, my friend. by the by.

↑ Up to the top!