Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fun at the drive-thru
Fun at the drive-thru
2004-10-15, 12:29 PM #1
Went through the Wendy's drive-thru today...
"Can I have that to go, please?"
:D
If you could ever use an online acronym to fit a persons expression, theirs had to be "WTF" heh.

Next time I go we'll park and start eating, trying to talk the person. :D

SPICY CHICKEN RULES!!
(Last weekend I had 6 of them in one day!)
2004-10-15, 12:31 PM #2
"For here" might have been funnier.
Pissed Off?
2004-10-15, 12:42 PM #3
I don't undersand why they would look at you funny. I once kept the statistics when I worked at a window and 1/30 people or so say "I need that to go".
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-10-15, 12:44 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
I don't undersand why they would look at you funny. I once kept the statistics when I worked at a window and 1/30 people or so say "I need that to go".

That's scary. Where did you work?
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-10-15, 12:46 PM #5
How very pointless.
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2004-10-15, 1:05 PM #6
It's more fun to walk through the drive-thru. However, I guess this got to common, because McDonalds now has signs saying they won't serve people who walk through.
Stuff
2004-10-15, 1:45 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle90
It's more fun to walk through the drive-thru. However, I guess this got to common, because McDonalds now has signs saying they won't serve people who walk through.

Almost every place wont serve people that walk up to the window, unless it's Checkers.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-10-15, 2:39 PM #8
I know a guy who went through a drivethrough backwards once...
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2004-10-15, 2:40 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Sok Munkey

rofl! I gotta do that!
2004-10-15, 2:54 PM #10
Just make sure you've got a passenger or you'll have to climb over the seat to reach it!
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-10-15, 3:11 PM #11
I'm the passenger because other people drive for me!
( In a bad way.. because I'm not allowed to have a car untill next year .. silly parent rules about college and responsibility :))
2004-10-15, 3:33 PM #12
True story:

My friends and I were hungry after a dress rehersal for a Fiddler on the Roof production at our school, so we headed over to McDonalds. (Mind you, we were in full costume, beards and all, and no it didn't look fake)Also, we all put on our russian accents as well

MD: "This is Mcdonalds, how can I help you?"
Me: "Uhh, hello. I am hmmm sorry, ve are not from around here, do you serve "apples"?
MD;"No sir, sorry, we don't serve fruit"
Me:"Ahh, ok. Ehhh, vodka? Do you sell vodka?"
MD:"No sir, but Casey's up the street does"
Me: " Ehhh, KFC? They sell vodka at KFC?"
Me:' Ahh, ok, i go to KFC"
MD:"No no sir! "Casey's"
MD:"Could you please drive up to the window?"
*we thought they had caught on for sure, but we went to the window. Three of them were there, looking genuinly concerned, they had no idea
Me:"ahh, hello"
MD:" Where you want to go is Casey's, see it right there?"
Me:"KFC, Yes, we see KFC"
MD:"No, no, 'Casey's'"
Me:" ahh, ok. Then we go now"

Great times, I missed some of the dialogue there, but yeah, that's it.
2004-10-15, 4:13 PM #13
That's priceless. I need to do something like that sometime.
"I'm only civil because I don't know any swear words."

-Calvin
2004-10-15, 4:42 PM #14
A friend of mine who goes to SEMO (South-East Missouri) told me of a guy he knew who had been hitting the sauce that night. He wanted to go to McDonald's, but there was no one who was either sober enough to drive or who wanted to drive him.

So he climbs into his truck, somehow manages to make it to McDonald's, and places his order. Then he passes out at the driver's seat, backing up the line for God knows how long.

More reasons to not go to SEMO...
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-15, 5:09 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Schming
Almost every place wont serve people that walk up to the window, unless it's Checkers.

That's right, Schming lives in the south. He knows the greatness of the Checkers fries.
D E A T H
2004-10-15, 5:19 PM #16
If you really want to piss fast food places off, put a sign on the speaker / thing you order into that says:

"OUT OF ORDER- PLEASE PULL THROUGH TO
WINDOW . THANK-YOU."

Only do this if there is no one behind you.
2004-10-15, 5:22 PM #17
I actually did back through the drive through at an A&W restaurant back when I was in high school. They told us they couldn't serve us, and my friend who was in the passenger seat told them that the window on the driver's side was jammed and that we needed to back through so we could get our food. They told us to come in and he told them that I was also handicapped. At which point they threatened to call the cops so we left >:(
2004-10-15, 6:43 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
If you really want to piss fast food places off, put a sign on the speaker / thing you order into that says:

"OUT OF ORDER- PLEASE PULL THROUGH TO
WINDOW . THANK-YOU."

Only do this if there is no one behind you.

Uh, yeah, if you want your order to take 5 times as long, that's a great idea. (And for every subsequent person, add a minute or two longer).
2004-10-15, 7:03 PM #19
In my oppinion.... NEVER piss off fast food places. The workers do nasty stuff in your food.;)
2004-10-15, 7:17 PM #20
Quote:
Uh, yeah, if you want your order to take 5 times as long, that's a great idea. (And for every subsequent person, add a minute or two longer).

thats the whole point! Once you order, you tape on the sign, get your order, and leave.

My friends and I did this once and we ate our food in the parking lot, laughing at the poor idiots that drove past the box to order at the window. It was hilarious.
2004-10-15, 7:26 PM #21
Easy tiger, they're idiots because they read a sign they have no reason to disbelieve? Way to be hotshot.
2004-10-15, 7:33 PM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikus
Easy tiger, they're idiots because they read a sign they have no reason to disbelieve? Way to be hotshot.

chill out, this was back in High School aand back when it was fun to do stuff like this just for the hell of it.
2004-10-15, 8:45 PM #23
At the cost of a company's reputation and possibly revenue? Get real.
2004-10-15, 8:53 PM #24
What reputation? A bunch of teens flipping burgers is hardly a rep. :p
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-10-15, 9:03 PM #25
Matrixhacker's post = <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2004-10-15, 9:14 PM #26
Quote:
At the cost of a company's reputation and possibly revenue? Get real.

It was incredibly funny at the time, though.

And how could this diminish the company's reputation?
2004-10-15, 9:51 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
It was incredibly funny at the time, though.

It's still immature and really irritating for both the people placing and taking orders.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-15, 9:55 PM #28
But if it annoys them enough to ruin their day, they need an incredibly large attitude adjustment. Life is too short.

Allow me to clarify that I do not partake in those deeds, but it is really not that important.
2004-10-15, 9:58 PM #29
Geez, Pagewizard makes one post, and the entire forum is beating his throat with a baseball bat.

(not you Heebedee.)
2004-10-15, 10:18 PM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Sok Munkey
Geez, Pagewizard makes one post, and the entire forum is beating his throat with a baseball bat.

...and this still surprises you? :p

I used to know someone that was really into anarchy-type stuf back in HS-- he taught me that trick, as well as lots of other stuff that I won't go into here.
2004-10-15, 10:21 PM #31
heh I hate drive through mcdonalds windows, I get attitude whenever I ask for a cup holder cause I ordered 2 drinks with my meal, one for me and one for my dad...there was like nobody else in the car, and i go to the drivethrough and they like put the drinks right there, no cupholder, and i'm like 'uh...cupholder?' it pisses me off cause now EVERY drive through doesn't give me a damn cupholder to hold my drink in...and I get the evil eye whenever I ask for a damn cupholder!

what do they expect me to do, put the cup between my legs and hope it doesn't spill?
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2004-10-16, 12:41 AM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
That's right, Schming lives in the south. He knows the greatness of the Checkers fries.

Seriously, I dont usually like fries, but I will eat an entire human head full of Checkers fries if I ever found one that's full of Checkers fries.... ya.... I'm watching The Evil Dead and I had a couple Paulaners and stuff....
2004-10-16, 12:45 AM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Lost_One
heh I hate drive through mcdonalds windows, I get attitude whenever I ask for a cup holder cause I ordered 2 drinks with my meal, one for me and one for my dad...there was like nobody else in the car, and i go to the drivethrough and they like put the drinks right there, no cupholder, and i'm like 'uh...cupholder?' it pisses me off cause now EVERY drive through doesn't give me a damn cupholder to hold my drink in...and I get the evil eye whenever I ask for a damn cupholder!

what do they expect me to do, put the cup between my legs and hope it doesn't spill?

Most cars today have cupholders.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-10-16, 12:56 AM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle
Most cars today have cupholders.

seriously, they cant help it if you have a ferarri, which is the only car manufacturer i can think of that doesnt put cupholders in their cars.
2004-10-16, 1:08 AM #35
i drive a 89 oldsmobile, no cupholder places whatsoever. i guess i could take the one i ask for and mount it to the dashboard..
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2004-10-16, 1:53 AM #36
Quote:
At McDonalds at least (where I used to work), the policy is 3 or more drinks gets a cupholder. One or two don't, unless the customer requests it.

Also, my mom's 1994 Ford Contour has no cupholders either... Except there is this broken thing that looks like it could have at one time folded out to be a cupholder... But we're not sure.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-10-16, 1:57 AM #37
Also, I have to say that while Pagewizard isn't exactly my favorite Massassian, you guys are seriously being way too hard on him. Everyone's posting their funny things to do at the drive thrue, and Page posts his, and suddenly he's getting attacked. His is actually one of the less malacious. At least it isn't dangerous like driving through backwards or drunk.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-10-16, 6:03 AM #38
At least he didn't mention anything about having his way with the girl who took his order and getting his food for free.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-10-16, 7:19 AM #39
I always get cupholders without asking, especially at mcdonalds.

Quote:

I've done that, got served too. Generally if you have sub-16 year old workers, they're not about to try and tell you which end of the car has to go through the drive-thru first.
2004-10-16, 9:34 AM #40
Quote:
Originally posted by Roach
At least he didn't mention anything about having his way with the girl who took his order and getting his food for free.

There are much better, less messy ways of getting food for free at drive thru places... were I so inclined. It involves running a little scam with questionable ethics and questionable legality.

↑ Up to the top!