Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Art of the Lightsaber (A MotS Mod)
Art of the Lightsaber (A MotS Mod)
2004-10-17, 1:22 PM #1
I have been searching for a very long time now for a once popular mod of Mysteries of the Sith, called "Art of the Lightsaber (AOTL)". I searched the Massassi Temple, but it came up with nothing. I was woundering if any other veterens still have Art of the Lightsaber, and will somehow help me out in getting the mod.

*Note the site that originally hosted the mod is down and no longer. It has been for some time. I also forgot the website address, but I can try to find it in an old search engine if needed.

If I could help you to help me in any way, just tell me what you need to know.

Thanks,
-J

(Dark Forces, DF II: Jedi Knight, JK MotS, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, SW: Galaxies: An Empire Divided, KOTOR, and Battlefront are games I am a fan of, and vetern/master on some games.)
2004-10-17, 2:54 PM #2
that is a pretty good mod, i remember playin that back in the day. if you like AotL, you should try SBX for mots, its hosted here at massassi and its pretty darn good
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-10-17, 3:37 PM #3
I'll try it, but I still want AOTL. Badly. It's so rare, and very good in my opinion
2004-10-17, 5:01 PM #4
I used to have it on my PC, but I don't anymore when my hard drive crashed a year ago. Unfortunately the website doesn't exist anymore so you can't get it there.
2004-10-17, 5:21 PM #5
Fardreamer sometimes visits these forums. I imagine he would have a copy if he happened to see this thread.

The early mentioned saber mod and Guardians of the Galaxy are more modern and I think have the same features and even similar systems. You should check those out.

For all of my searchings on Jedi Nights (the wayback machine didn't like od34 too much I guess) and other sources, I couldn't find the file.
2004-10-17, 5:34 PM #6
Come on Heb, the Wayback machine just needs the right touch... :)

Voila: The Official download link to AoTL beta

[edit] (It's very touchy. I'm still having trouble getting it to finish the download, I keep getting invalid archives.)

[edit] .....Yeah, it's dead. Sorry to dash you dreams, J...I'll keep looking.

As far as I can remember, they only released this beta, because there was a skin bug they couldn't get rid of. I think there's something wrong with picking jedi who are supposed to wear robes in this version....I think (it was quite awhile ago.) I'm pretty sure I know what's wrong too...too bad nobody plays anymore, or I'd try and fix it.

Oh, and by the way: don't forget about Galactic Civil War ;)
2004-10-17, 5:35 PM #7
Tyler, I found that link too. I downloaded the file and it was blank, so I said to myself, "Darn it, wayback doesn't like od34."
2004-10-17, 5:38 PM #8
I'm apparently a cocky son of a gun, as I'm still having trouble getting it to finish the download. But there it is if you want to try anyway, J...
2004-10-17, 5:58 PM #9
It downloaded 51% of it and it was complete. It's .11mb. Hmmmmmmmmmm
2004-10-17, 5:59 PM #10
Yep, unable to unzip the file. Dosn't work :(
2004-10-17, 6:47 PM #11
Yeah, it's one of those files that 7-zip just says no to. It goes to the folder above.
2004-10-17, 7:27 PM #12
Just looking for a mod that has cloaks (possibly with the ability to lower the hood, raise it again, etc., maybe even remove the cloak as a whole). It'll even be greater on Outcast if I could do that.
2004-10-17, 7:31 PM #13
Stories Untold Mod
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-10-17, 7:52 PM #14
Where's that at?
2004-10-17, 8:05 PM #15
You can download Stories Untold here:

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/1966.shtml

I wouldnt recomend playing it with out the levels though:

http://www.massassi.net/levels/files/1967.shtml

;)
2004-10-18, 12:21 PM #16
Yay!!!11

I really love playing SU.

The two sabers rocks!!!
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-10-20, 8:53 AM #17
Yes, I still have the mod on a backup CD. I even worked on an update that fixed all the bugs with choosing skins and robes but I never released it. I'll send it to Massassi one of these days when I get the time.
Dreams of a dreamer from afar to a fardreamer.
2004-10-20, 2:11 PM #18
Thanks, Fardreamer. Just want it to roleplay sometimes when JO loses the Star Wars feel, and SW:Galaxies gets a little unexciting.
2004-10-21, 1:59 AM #19
Sure, I just need to compile it into a release. I checked it out again last night to remember what changes I made from the original. The main modification is that you are no longer frozen in game till you select your character. Instead you need to select the correct hilt and saber blade in the multiplayer character building screen - determining what hilt, blade color and robe models will be used.

I have to finish up a couple of bug fixes though, so it will take me a couple of days. Then I'll release it to Massassi, 5 years late :D
2004-10-21, 2:18 AM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Fardreamer
Yes, I still have the mod on a backup CD. I even worked on an update that fixed all the bugs with choosing skins and robes but I never released it. I'll send it to Massassi one of these days when I get the time.

!!!

That is the one classic mod that Massassi lacks. Post it and the mod database will be complete!
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2004-10-21, 4:32 AM #21
I have this MOD burned onto a CD....:D So it's not rare to me:D:D:D
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2004-10-21, 4:36 AM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by Fardreamer

YES!
YES YES YES DEAR GOD YES!

...Fixed the force too?
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-10-21, 1:04 PM #23
What was wrong with the force? Force Saber Fighting is annoying as hell, but it works fine...

Anyway, this evening I finished up all the small things that were missing, and I can finally say that AotL is complete! Hehehe. Can't believe I'm saying that :p I just have to update the guide document and I'll send it to Massassi.

↑ Up to the top!