Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Car interior plans
Car interior plans
2004-10-18, 10:36 PM #1
I'm thinking about doing some painting to the interior of my car, so I've been playing around with a concept color scheme, and I want an opinion. Please don't post though if you're just going to tell me how stupid it is to modify the interior, etc... I know how you all feel about it (*cough* Bill *cough*) so there's no need to post, unless you have a specific thought about the colors or arrangement of the colors I'm planning on using.

Also, I know nothing about this, so any tips are welcome (*cough* LightStaff *cough*), like what sort of paint do I use and where do I get it, what's the best way to make sure the paint doesn't drip, etc...

And a few things you should know about the pictures:

1. This is a CONCEPT PICTURE. I know the edges are rough. I made this in Paint Shop Pro. Just get the idea of the schemes, and please don't comment on my photoshopping skills (or lack thereof).

2. Ignore the shifter knob. As you can see here, that's been replaced. The picture was taken before that time.

3. The steering wheel will be painted or possibly replaced with an all black racing wheel (something along the lines of this). This is dependant on some research I've yet to do in regards to things like the Cruise control lever. Feel free to make suggestions in this regard as well.

4. The white circle to the right is where the passenger side airbag comes out... It's location and shape are approximated in the concept pic.

5. I'm also planning on having some green neons (green matches the backlight on the gagues) glowing below the dashboard, and possibly between the seats (which will at least get all black or black/white covers temporarily) and the doors.

I think that's it... Here's the pictures.
Current:
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/Sarn_Cadrill/car02.jpg]

Interior concept:
[http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v443/Sarn_Cadrill/car02-paintconcept.jpg]
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-10-18, 10:41 PM #2
Go for it. I think it's a good plan actually. Just keep it monochrome. No high performance yellow.
>>untie shoes
2004-10-18, 10:42 PM #3
lol... I must give credit to LightStaff for the idea, though I'm not too keen on his bright colors, hence my more toned down black and white.

Lassev: I guess there was something captivating in savagery, because I liked it.
2004-10-18, 10:46 PM #4
If you keep in a solic color scheme it will look good... similar to the way they do interiors on cars like BMWs and some of the new Vettes and Vipers. Keep it to two colors... and keep the colors low chroma. None of this bright burn my eyes out red... and only two colors.

Note: Chrome and carbon fiber do not count as colors, but they are accents, and should not take up half of the dash.

EDIT: And you can find the paint at any local auto supply or paint shop. It's pretty cheap. Don't use spray paint. There is specific paint for this job, the only problem is most of it is a base coat top coat system with a metallic base coat... which is something you probably don't want. Just stop at your local Auto Zone or Advance Auto and ask them to help you out.

EDIT2: And please no Wal Mart issue floor mats, seat covers, pedal covers, or steering wheel covers. It looks more tacky than a giant razorblade spoiler on the trunk lid.
>>untie shoes
2004-10-18, 10:54 PM #5
That crappy photo/paintshop job actually looks pretty darn spiffy, including the wobbly edges! Gogo custom designs!
2004-10-18, 10:56 PM #6
Quote:
EDIT2: And please no Wal Mart issue floor mats, seat covers, pedal covers, or steering wheel covers. It looks more tacky than a giant razorblade spoiler on the trunk lid.
No worries about that... ich... Though I am planning on a spoiler in the future, but it will be very conservative and close to the body.

And thanks for the advice, I'll try a few auto shops tomorrow...

2004-10-18, 11:01 PM #7
Ah so you appear to actually have some taste. I saw the custom shifter and thought "I can see where this is going" But I guess I was wrong.
>>untie shoes
2004-10-19, 3:17 AM #8
I actually have that exact Grant GT wheel in my Jeep. I love it. I used to have the same one but in chrome, which rocked but it would glare in my eyes. If you end up getting that steering wheel, I would recommend following my lead and replacing those damn black screws with some stainless ones - they tend to rust if you live in an area of moisture. If you don't know which ones to buy send me your address and I'll mail them to you. Or I'll get a part/thread/length from the store I buy from here so you can find matching ones. It looks really slick.

Be careful though you will lose your airbag.
2004-10-19, 5:31 AM #9
Definitely get a custom wheel. And is that the standard Toyota cassette deck I see? :eek:
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.

↑ Up to the top!