Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → You have to see this!
You have to see this!
2004-10-20, 1:17 AM #1
http://www.kontraband.com/show/show.asp?ID=1404&NEXTID=0&PREVID=1477&DISPLAYORDER=20040722090551&CAT=movies&NSFW=

:eek: :eek: :eek:
-Hell Raiser
2004-10-20, 3:29 AM #2
Some people just don't know when to give up.
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2004-10-20, 7:08 AM #3
Seen it.
<Lyme> I got Fight Club for 6.98 at walmart.
<Black_Bishop> I am Jack's low price guarantee
2004-10-20, 7:20 AM #4
:eek:

Damn nice driving to catch the first two spins.

I'd like to see some statistics on people who try to evade the police. Why would you even bother? Unless you've got a body in the trunk and you're in Texas or something, what do you really have to gain? In between the squad cars and police and media helicopters, do you really have a chance at getting away? All you're gonna do is get more charges agaisnt you for evading police, and for the inevitable damage and possible loss of life caused during the chase.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-10-20, 8:52 AM #5
Heh that'd be a useful trick to learn.....
/fluffle
2004-10-20, 9:40 AM #6
Wow, that guy REALLY didn't want to get caught. That said, I love how hitting the car from behind and to the right makes it spin out. I thought that only worked in Midtown Madness.
Stuff
2004-10-20, 9:44 AM #7
Car chases are pointless today, you can't outrun a radio.

Besides that, those spins were pretty cool.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-10-20, 10:52 AM #8
There was a guy who got away from the police over here (California) a few years ago. He had robbed a bank, and had a large sum of money in a backpack. He was on a motorcycle, and jumped on the Hollywood east. The police couldn't get through the traffic (the Hollywood is always crowded), and he was able to zip through the lanes and on the shoulders. He couldn't evade the choppers by using the freeway traffic, though, so he went from the 101 to the 110 south to the 105 towards LAX. Traffic near LAX is terrible, so the police couldn't get him. The Media helicopters had to stay away from the airport, as did the police choppers (it takes a while to get clearance). He drove into one of the parking lots, and disappeared. They found his bike, but it was stolen, so they don't know who the guy was.
2004-10-20, 11:10 AM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by ]-[ellequin
There was a guy who got away from the police over here (California) a few years ago. He had robbed a bank, and had a large sum of money in a backpack. He was on a motorcycle, and jumped on the Hollywood east. The police couldn't get through the traffic (the Hollywood is always crowded), and he was able to zip through the lanes and on the shoulders. He couldn't evade the choppers by using the freeway traffic, though, so he went from the 101 to the 110 south to the 105 towards LAX. Traffic near LAX is terrible, so the police couldn't get him. The Media helicopters had to stay away from the airport, as did the police choppers (it takes a while to get clearance). He drove into one of the parking lots, and disappeared. They found his bike, but it was stolen, so they don't know who the guy was.

I heard of a similar story like that but the chase ended with guy getting hit by a truck. It was pretty horrible...

As for the first post... that guy has some pretty good moves, maybe should figure out how to do those. (No I'm not going to try to escape from the police.)
No sig.
2004-10-20, 11:17 AM #10
looks fun:D
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2004-10-20, 11:22 AM #11
Actually, what I really want to see is that video where the guy stole a tank from a military base and was going on a rampage (no guns, just running over stuff). That was insane.
Stuff
2004-10-20, 12:11 PM #12
He should have gotten a job as a stunt double or something.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-10-20, 1:32 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Spork

Damn nice driving to catch the first two spins.

I'd like to see some statistics on people who try to evade the police. Why would you even bother? Unless you've got a body in the trunk and you're in Texas or something, what do you really have to gain? In between the squad cars and police and media helicopters, do you really have a chance at getting away? All you're gonna do is get more charges agaisnt you for evading police, and for the inevitable damage and possible loss of life caused during the chase.

Most people actually probably get away, because the police generally wont, or arent supposed to participate in a high speed pursuit if there is any danger of inocent bystanders being hurt. Generally, once they have your license plate number, they know who you are and where you live anways (If you arent in a stolen car), so they'll get you in the long run.
2004-10-20, 1:37 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle90
Actually, what I really want to see is that video where the guy stole a tank from a military base and was going on a rampage (no guns, just running over stuff). That was insane.

Try World's Wildest Police Videos on Spike TV if you live in the USA.

And that was pretty damn cool, HR.
Hazard a company one process.
2004-10-20, 2:15 PM #15
Reminds me of playing Vice City.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-10-20, 2:23 PM #16
Dude, I haven't seen you forever!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-10-20, 3:07 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
Dude, I haven't seen you forever!

You haven't been looking at the cog forum then. :p

I would imagine getting out of the spin would be much like getting out of a spin on snowy/icy roads except with less out of controlness. Can you imagine how ticked off the cops were who tried to spin him out? "Hahaha! Got him!.... WTF!?! SON OF A ^&*@!!!!!"
-Hell Raiser
2004-10-20, 8:45 PM #18
As far as I know, it's virtually impossible to outrun a cop car. They're all turbo charged I believe. Either way, you can't outrun one really. A motorcycle can however :) Crotch Rockets = Own.
2004-10-20, 8:57 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Temperamental
As far as I know, it's virtually impossible to outrun a cop car. They're all turbo charged I believe. Either way, you can't outrun one really. A motorcycle can however :) Crotch Rockets = Own.

Just give me a ferarri and directions to the nearest pay-n-spray. :p
2004-10-20, 9:26 PM #20
Or a sexy lambourghini Diablo :D
2004-10-21, 12:43 PM #21
Quote:

The only turbocharged police cars I've ever heard of are the Supras and STi's that some highway patrolmen drive. Those are very rare though. The rest are just V8's, and they can be outrun with most sports cars. They have a lot of power, but they're heavy as all hell. The real problem is trying to outrun that radio.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-10-21, 12:58 PM #22
Quote:
The only turbocharged police cars I've ever heard of are the Supras and STi's that some highway patrolmen drive. Those are very rare though. The rest are just V8's, and they can be outrun with most sports cars. They have a lot of power, but they're heavy as all hell. The real problem is trying to outrun that radio.

Nope, pretty much all police cars have something under the hood that makes them faster than usual. Either a turbo charged engine, a very fast engine, or something else. It wouldnt make much sense to have a police car that most cars could outrun would it?... If it was the case, a lot more people would try to run from the cops. There's a very low success rate for people running from the cops. The car in the video here was a friggin mustang.... Those are a lil faster than a V8.. And the cop car caught up with it with ease. They can choose to catch up directly at any time, but they have to follow "procedure" and "orders".
2004-10-21, 1:28 PM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by Hell Raiser
You haven't been looking at the cog forum then. :p
Why would I want to go there? That's where gbk lives. :D
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-10-21, 2:18 PM #24
Quote:
Nope, pretty much all police cars have something under the hood that makes them faster than usual. Either a turbo charged engine, a very fast engine, or something else. It wouldnt make much sense to have a police car that most cars could outrun would it?... If it was the case, a lot more people would try to run from the cops. There's a very low success rate for people running from the cops. The car in the video here was a friggin mustang.... Those are a lil faster than a V8.. And the cop car caught up with it with ease. They can choose to catch up directly at any time, but they have to follow "procedure" and "orders".

? I've seen Corvettes totally out run cop cars with EASE.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2004-10-21, 2:51 PM #25
That's because corvette's are one of the only car's capable of beating a cop car. In fact, I believe it is, most cop car's have corvette engine's in them.
2004-10-21, 3:43 PM #26
Quote:

I was under the impression that mustangs are V8, except that they're starting to offer budget 'stangs with V6s...
2004-10-21, 4:40 PM #27
Quote:

Ford Police Interceptors have a 4.6-liter V8 (Same as that mustang) and top out at about 128mph, go 0-60 in just over 9 seconds and run the quarter mile at nearly 17 seconds. There's nothing really special about them.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-10-21, 5:37 PM #28
That was amazing!
2004-10-21, 11:32 PM #29
He has playing to much NFS Hot Pursit.

SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2004-10-22, 1:00 AM #30
I'm only replying to make my name show up more.
2004-10-22, 9:17 AM #31
The guy knew how to handle a car. That's why he was able to recover from the spins. The standard Crown Victoria can keep pace or better with any regular car on the road these days. Sports cars are something else, but it's the police training high speed training that really gives them the edge.
Pissed Off?
2004-10-22, 9:19 AM #32
Quote:
Originally posted by Vincent Valentine
I'm only replying to make my name show up more.
Me too.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-10-22, 9:41 AM #33
I might have a name.

↑ Up to the top!