Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Political CamPAINs
Political CamPAINs
2004-10-20, 4:21 PM #1
Okay, am I the only one that finds most of the crap we hear from all this debating, and vote this vote that, this person did this X amount of years ago, so and so did something like this in the war.... It's bad enough it's all over TV and the rest of the Internet... but why can't we keep it lower here? I can understand peaceably debating your points in a thread... but after seeing the couple of forums... something about 'why in the world would you vote for bush?!' and 'A vote for kerry is a vote for everyone.'

Okay, well it's nice that you're up for that person, but unless you're getting paid to campaign for them, in which case you should be banned, then why bother the rest of us with it... We just need a Political Forum for times like this... *sigh*

/Vent.
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2004-10-20, 4:33 PM #2
I fully agree.;)
Jedi rocks rule the house...
YEAH YEAH YEAH
2004-10-20, 4:43 PM #3
kak in '04

If you find the topics that annoyingly...don't click them.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-20, 4:51 PM #4
Hot Topic: Election 2004
2004-10-20, 6:04 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy

That's usually my strategy now. I'll open it up, read or skim the first few posts, and leave.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-10-20, 9:47 PM #6
Quote:
kak in '04

I actually was just quoting titles... i didnt go into any of the threads.
2004-10-20, 9:58 PM #7
Interestingly enough, when it comes to war reccords, what studdies I've done show that both Bush's and Kerry's are pointless, so they should just be IGNORED. History has shown that the only time that a war reccord has affected the election in any significant way is if the candidate was a general in a recently won war (Washington, Jackson, Grant, Eisenhower). Hecne, I'd really like to see people just forget about the war reccords! PLEASE! Once we've forgotten about those, we can move on to fogetting other things, and eventually with forgetting that there even is a President of the United States! (okay, mabye not that far... but would prevent such annoying political campaigns)
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-10-21, 10:37 AM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by nottheking
Interestingly enough, when it comes to war reccords, what studdies I've done show that both Bush's and Kerry's are pointless, so they should just be IGNORED. History has shown that the only time that a war reccord has affected the election in any significant way is if the candidate was a general in a recently won war (Washington, Jackson, Grant, Eisenhower). Hecne, I'd really like to see people just forget about the war reccords! PLEASE! Once we've forgotten about those, we can move on to fogetting other things, and eventually with forgetting that there even is a President of the United States! (okay, mabye not that far... but would prevent such annoying political campaigns)

and then we'd look at REAL war records. Like the fact that one of the candidates started an illegal war for oil and Halliburton kickbacks. Pshaw!
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-10-21, 10:40 AM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Schming
and then we'd look at REAL war records. Like the fact that one of the candidates started an illegal war for oil and Halliburton kickbacks. Pshaw!

*sigh*...
2004-10-21, 10:50 AM #10
Quote:

lol teh oil compnies wanted teh iraq oil lololol
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-21, 6:11 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi
*sigh*...

Don't worry too much about that post. Just pretend it's sarcasm as it is too idiotic to be true anyway.
"I would rather claim to be an uneducated man than be mal-educated and claim to be otherwise." - Wookie 03:16

2004-10-21, 7:00 PM #12
Quote:

Here we go again... Another thread of pointless stupid arguing, based on "facts" taken form campaign ads, and the popular opinion of that person’s party. :rolleyes: I’ve always thought that that special Olympics picture about internet debates was kind of cruel, but it would be very apt in this situation.
2004-10-22, 9:16 AM #13
You people really catch on too quick. All it takes is one person to say something you don't like and all of a sudden he's brainwashed by the campaign ads or he's saying stupid idiotic statements. Really, Bravo everyone.
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-10-22, 9:39 AM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Seb
You people really catch on too quick. All it takes is one person to say something you don't like and all of a sudden he's brainwashed by the campaign ads or he's saying stupid idiotic statements. Really, Bravo everyone.

...when he's simply regurgitating baseless claims that have not been proven and are only seriously spewed out by the uninformed?

Bravo, indeed.
2004-10-22, 1:27 PM #15
this thread title might be clever word play if it wasn't spelled campaign.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2004-10-22, 10:00 PM #16
uh... i know how to spell campaign...
2004-10-22, 10:10 PM #17
Quote:
...when he's simply regurgitating baseless claims that have not been proven and are only seriously spewed out by the uninformed?

Bravo, indeed.

Never said anything was true. just said you're too quick to fire up. it only takes one goddamn comment from ANY side to start a flame war. aren't people too uptight here?
"NAILFACE" - spe
2004-10-22, 10:33 PM #18
Seb wins. I <3 Seb and his brilliant observations.
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2004-10-22, 11:46 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Daft_Vader
Seb wins. I <3 Seb and his brilliant observations.

Me too.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-10-23, 12:06 AM #20
This happens ever four years around here. It will go away, just like last time.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009

↑ Up to the top!