Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Think of the irony....
Think of the irony....
2004-10-21, 3:18 PM #1
I heard that some group stole GTA San Andreas.

Quote:
Originally posted over at Planet grand theft Auto:

The rumors you have been hearing are true. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas has been stolen and posted online (for those with no respect) to download. Rockstar has released an official response:

"Rockstar Games and Take-Two Interactive Software are aware that an illegally obtained version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and images from the game and manual have been posted to various internet sites. The proper authorities are investigating the theft and are continuing to investigate all possible leads to ensure there is no further dissemination of our creative content. Downloading, possession and distribution of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, including making the game available on the internet, is theft.

We take the theft of our intellectual property very seriously and we are and will continue to diligently and aggressively pursue this matter. If anyone finds information on websites with links to unauthorized downloads, information, scans or videos, please contact us at piracy@rockstargames.com.

The launch date of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas remains the same. The game will be on store shelves in North America on October 26 and in Europe on October 29."

So, after all of the extensive research that Rockstar did in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas and inbetween, after all of the casting, after writing the script, after all of the brainstorming, after all of the modeling, after all of the texturing, after all of the coding, after all of the sound design, after all of the perfect PR work, after building a very unique website, after selecting 150 specific songs for the soundtrack, after staying long nights into the early morning, after one of the most ambitious projects by a videogame creator has finally been finished, that same ambitious project has been stolen. Yes, its a reality with videogames these days, but as Rockstar said, you can help. Pass on any information you know to piracy@rockstargames.com.

Think of the irony--- someone stole a game that is essentially in itself a crime simulator. Just think of the irony....

Discuss.
2004-10-21, 3:21 PM #2
I don't really find it any more ironic than if someone killed Gabe Newell with a crowbar.

Actually, that would be hilarious (in a sick and twisted sort of way).
Stuff
2004-10-21, 3:23 PM #3
Is it really irony? You'd expect a game where the player commits theft to be stolen.

Perhaps it'd be more ironic if someone stole a game where you play as a character trying to stop theft.
2004-10-21, 3:26 PM #4
Yeah. I've no plan to pirate this one--they really went the whole 9 yards. Of course, Rockstar always does. I've found their creations always to be very original and enjoyable (for the most part).
D E A T H
2004-10-21, 3:28 PM #5
Page/ reading that story, I was thinking exactly the same thing as you. My favorite part:

"So, after all of the extensive research that Rockstar did in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Las Vegas and inbetween, after all of the casting, after writing the script, after all of the brainstorming, after all of the modeling, after all of the texturing, after all of the coding, after all of the sound design, after all of the perfect PR work, after building a very unique website, after selecting 150 specific songs for the soundtrack, after staying long nights into the early morning, after one of the most ambitious projects by a videogame creator has finally been finished, that same ambitious project has been stolen."

:D
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2004-10-21, 4:17 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by kyle90
I don't really find it any more ironic than if someone killed Gabe Newell with a crowbar.

Actually, that would be hilarious (in a sick and twisted sort of way).

Gabe Newell: "3 dozen krispy kremes plz."

Some Guy: "DIE!"
COUCHMAN IS BACK BABY
2004-10-21, 4:21 PM #7
I'm just as suprised at this as I am Halo 2 being online befor release
Pissed Off?
2004-10-21, 4:25 PM #8
I think that it is not ironic at all. It is to be expected. Almost every game released is pirated before it is released, these days.
2004-10-21, 4:34 PM #9
When I become a game developer, I'm going to hack into my own network and steal my own game. Then I'd like to see what they plan on doing.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-21, 4:42 PM #10
Does security really suck THAT badly around the places where the CD/DVDs are pressed?
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-10-21, 5:17 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
Does security really suck THAT badly around the places where the CD/DVDs are pressed?

Perhaps it's one of the employees?
2004-10-21, 5:20 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloud
Perhaps it's one of the employees?

undoubtedly.

Al lan employee would have to do is burn a dvd from his cubicle, get it, put it in a cd album jewel case with his other retail music cds, and walk out with it.
2004-10-21, 7:41 PM #13
Which is why I would have armed CD Nazi's at all exits. No CD's in, no CD's out. Strip searches are mandatory while cavity searches are probable. Immediate death to any that try.

That's why I'll never be a game developer.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-10-21, 8:08 PM #14
Woah, a video-game is on Kazaa!? Holy crap, that's a first!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-21, 8:24 PM #15
Morons download games from KaZaA. That's probably not a game. Probably.
Moo.
2004-10-22, 5:49 AM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson
Which is why I would have armed CD Nazi's at all exits. No CD's in, no CD's out. Strip searches are mandatory while cavity searches are probable. Immediate death to any that try.

Ewww... imagine if the cavity search actually turned up a CD... It's not like CDs would be the most... comfortable objects to be sticking in ones... cavities.
Stuff
2004-10-22, 2:01 PM #17
Irony:

[http://media1.funnyjunk.com/pics/oh_the_irony.jpg]
2004-10-22, 2:02 PM #18
That is funny as hell.
2004-10-22, 2:03 PM #19
I'm still laughing!
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-22, 2:10 PM #20
Indeed
Pissed Off?
2004-10-22, 2:17 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson

Exactly. That's honestly EXACTLY what they should be doing. Maybe not the armed nazi part, or even the strip search, but the no CD's in or out is what needs to be happening.

Seriously, how hard is it to NOT put a burner in the computer holding the game data? How hard is it to NOT put that same computer on an accessable network? How hard is it to NOT allow any reordable media around the computer containing the gamedata? Reguardless of the fact that it doesn't have a burner. How hard is it to limit access to finalized disks?

Really. If they aren't doing those things, the people making game disks need to be shot. It's common sense.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-10-22, 2:46 PM #22
It probably wasn't one of the people making the disks. It was probably some kids that worked at a store that sells games. GTA: SA has been in the back rooms of many stores locally for over a week now.
omnia mea mecum porto

↑ Up to the top!