Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Chicago
Chicago
2004-10-22, 8:50 AM #1
I'm almost certain I'll be going to Depaul University either the end of next year, or the year after that.

Anyone here from Chicago, or the surrounding areas? Anyone going to one of the colleges in Chicago, Northwestern, Depaul, etc?

I checked out the above last weekend. I've been there before, but this time I was going with a load of questions. Depaul just happened to really fit my future plans.

I'm checking out that Michigen college next weekend. Hopefully I don't have to tear myself between the two.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-22, 8:52 AM #2
You could always go to the #3 party school in the US (Indiana University) but then your wanting to learn, right?
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2004-10-22, 8:52 AM #3
How are you supposed to pronounce chicago anyway?
nope.
2004-10-22, 8:56 AM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Boco
How are you supposed to pronounce chicago anyway?

Shih-kah-go.
Hazard a company one process.
2004-10-22, 8:59 AM #5
shi-cag-o.

Chicago.

Foolish mortal.

[edit] WRAA. Children, this is what happens when you open lots of threads in tabs and then wait 3 minutes to look at them. [/edit]
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-10-22, 9:41 AM #6
I live within a 2-2 1/2 hour drive of the good ole windy city.

I could tell you about a couple of really good restruants I know of in Chicago if you'd want.
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-10-22, 10:06 AM #7
As a college student, I'll plan to be poor. Do these diners have college programs :-P?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-22, 10:15 AM #8
Both of the places are a little bit pricey . . . for some reason I always bring enough money with me when I go to chicago to eat like a king. Yet, here at home I hardly ever go to a place classier than a Denny's
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-10-22, 12:03 PM #9
shikakah
Ya know? Common sense? Not really that common...
2004-10-22, 5:13 PM #10
I just moved a bit north of the chicagoland area about a year ago... but I still know nothing about it... (that’s what I get for being a consummate basement dwelling geek)
"Well, if I am not drunk, I am mad, but I trust I can behave like a gentleman in either
condition."... G. K. Chesterton

“questions are a burden to others; answers a prison for oneself”
2004-10-22, 5:28 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie
shikakah

:D
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2004-10-22, 9:38 PM #12
I live about 45 minutes north of Chicago (although now I'm at BGSU in Ohio), and I actually visited DePaul last fall during my college search. So if you have questions, ask away..
2004-10-22, 9:48 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
As a college student, I'll plan to be poor. Do these diners have college programs :-P?

you could always steal. :p
2004-10-22, 10:49 PM #14
I've been in O'Hare airport. I can tell you that it's big.
Pissed Off?
2004-10-22, 11:37 PM #15
You could come to Minnesota instead. It's groovy here.
...Wait, you live in MN, don't you? What do you need to go to Chicago for? :p

I've never been to Chicago. I was once invited to go with some friends who were driving there, but I declined because I didn't have any money or a phone to call my parents and ask.
It's not the side effects of cocaine, so then I'm thinking that it must be love
2004-10-23, 3:09 PM #16
Northwestern freshman here. Nothing like being just a train ride away from one of the finest cities in the country. Chicago has everything anyone could possibly want. Great sports, great music scene, great cultural attractions. I've understand the weather can be hard to deal with later in the year, but it hasn't gotten too bad yet.
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2004-10-23, 8:28 PM #17
Too much crime in Chicago.
2004-10-23, 8:32 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
you could always steal. :p

Or dumpster dive.
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2004-10-23, 9:36 PM #19
I actually live in the Nothwest Suburbs of Chicago! Sadly I do not presently know all that much about the college you are talking about :( I will get information as soon as I can to possibly aid you.
Chicago has gotten sooo much better in recent years. Everything is so much cleaner. The Museum Campus is awesome, the shopping is great.
He's Watching you
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : : : o`-, ….
2004-10-23, 11:42 PM #20
Well, I know about Depaul, what I'd really like to know is things in town that I might be interested. As well, if you'd be interested in hanging out when or if I eventually get there.

I may go to a community college here first, so it won't be 2 years that way. Are you going to a college in Chicago?

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-24, 1:37 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
Well, I know about Depaul, what I'd really like to know is things in town that I might be interested. As well, if you'd be interested in hanging out when or if I eventually get there.

I may go to a community college here first, so it won't be 2 years that way. Are you going to a college in Chicago?

JediKirby

Well, like Phoenix said, the Museum Campus is incredible. Off the top of my head, the area includes the Field Museum (an awesome museum with stuffed animals, art from around the world, and the world's most complete T-Rex skeleton), the Shedd Aquarium, and Adler Planitarium (where we just had our Residential College Board Formal). Soldier Field, home of the Chicago Bears, is also nearby.

What, specifically, are you looking for?
If you think the waiters are rude, you should see the manager.
2004-10-24, 6:16 PM #22
I just went to Boston on a college visit last weekend- it was supposed to be an 8 hour drive and it ended up 14 hours there, 12 hours back
Fincham: Where are you going?
Me: I have no idea
Fincham: I meant where are you sitting. This wasn't an existential question.

↑ Up to the top!