Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → If Dr. Phil...
If Dr. Phil...
2004-10-22, 9:54 AM #1
..can "help improve people's lives" after talking with them for 2 minutes and barely knowing their lifestyles, why can't we do something similar here? We too can give vague, obvious, "creative," advice and therapy in a formal, "intelligent-like" manner (but not for crap-load of money.) So this is how the thread is going to work...

Post a "solution" or advice to the above poster's personal* problem or troubles in his/her life. Then post a problem or trouble you have so another poster below can "help" you.

*(I don't care what it is or if it is true)

So I'll begin. I have strangle feelings about people around me. I get nervous and sweaty. I worry that someone there is really Jesus, and he is watching me. I don't like being judged so closely.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2004-10-22, 9:56 AM #2
You need to accept that, if he is judging you, there is absolutely nothing that you can do about it. Accept what you can't change, and try to simply live a couteous and well-mannered lifestyle.

I often wonder if I'm bipolar -- I can go from a real happy high to a real low depression. I also have an extremely short temper -- the slightest thing can set me off.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-22, 10:49 AM #3
Anger can be really damaging if it is not controlled. You need to learn to regulate your emotions. People have two kinds of reactions, rational and emotional. Like most people, your emotional side is clearly dominating your rational side. Think before you act. Take control of your body, and try not to get carried away. Be a little more logical, and little less impetuous.

I sometimes find myself being ultra-self conscious. Like someone will stare at me on the street and I'll automatically assume there's something wrong with the way I look, like my fly is undone or there's a twig in my hair or something. There's a million reasons that person could be looking at me, but I usually find myself jumping to the conclusion that they are looking at something that is wrong wtih me.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2004-10-22, 10:51 AM #4
STOP IT!

My Jeep has a strange ticking sound coming from the valves. Also, it seems to be leaking exhaust and a little bit of oil. How can I manage my emotional attachment to old parts yet still give my Jeep the care it needs as a whole?
2004-10-22, 10:52 AM #5
I have 13 of the 9 signs of being a serial killer.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-22, 10:52 AM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian
How can I manage my emotional attachment to old parts yet still give my Jeep the care it needs as a whole?

you're kidding, right?
2004-10-22, 11:09 AM #7
Get back on thread....And Page, read the first post...
2004-10-22, 1:13 PM #8
Quote:
My Jeep has a strange ticking sound coming from the valves. Also, it seems to be leaking exhaust and a little bit of oil. How can I manage my emotional attachment to old parts yet still give my Jeep the care it needs as a whole?

Fix the Jeep with new parts, then request that the old parts be put in a box for you to keep. Store the parts in a closet in your home to keep.

I often find myself having problems with people. We start off great, and hang out alot, then suddenly they stab me in the back and I get angry.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.
2004-10-22, 1:15 PM #9
Quote:
How can I manage my emotional attachment to old parts yet still give my Jeep the care it needs as a whole?

When you replace a car part, you can do like everybody else and keep all your old car parts in your garage or your front lawn.

People have been complete jerks to me for no reason at all. I'm a nice person and people are being total jerks. I have great self control, but I'm wondering should I just grab a shotgun and bust out some vigilante justice? What should I do?

oh, sorry. Thrawn posted at the same time as me. :o
"I'm interested in the fact that the less secure a person is, the more likely it is for that person to have extreme prejudices." -Clint Eastwood
2004-10-22, 1:21 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Sok Munkey

People have been complete jerks to me for no reason at all. I'm a nice person and people are being total jerks. I have great self control, but I'm wondering should I just grab a shotgun and bust out some vigilante justice? What should I do?

Remember that no matter what others think of you, its what you think of yourself that really counts. If people are jerks to you for no reason at all, it is usually because they have some shortcoming that they need to make up for. They will usually see their own shortcomings in other people. Therefore, if they insult you about something, then you know exactly what their own problems are. Use that in plotting your revenge.

I tend to be a really relaxed guy, but sometimes the slightest things can make me really angry. Like not being able to get the lid off the paint can at work today. What could I do to control anger over the little things?
Life is beautiful.
2004-10-22, 1:42 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Leader
I tend to be a really relaxed guy, but sometimes the slightest things can make me really angry. Like not being able to get the lid off the paint can at work today. What could I do to control anger over the little things?

Its' not about control. It's about being emotionally passive; Buddhist do this in meditation. Instead of focusing on thoughts that go through your mind, they let them pass freely like water.

Be patience. You must learn patience. That'll help you in those types of situations.

(Reference to Star Wars Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back [paticulary, Yoda talking to Luke].)

It will help you control your anger.

My problem: I am not clear in my thoughts when I express them to people. What I mean by this, is this. I can't explain what I'm thinking, although I think I think very greatly. How can I express my thoughts easier?
2004-10-22, 2:02 PM #12
What? I don't understand what you're saying. :p

Just restate your thoughts in different ways several times. Sure, you'll look like you're rambling, but at least your message will get through.

~

I have an unhealthy obsession with apple pie. How can I get away from apple pie's warm, gooey goodness?
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2004-10-22, 2:14 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
I have an unhealthy obsession with apple pie. How can I get away from apple pie's warm, gooey goodness?

It's obvious that the warm gooey goodness sparks memories of your time in your mother's womb, especially since I'm going to assume you listen to rhythmic drum music while eating it. To solve this problem, break away from your mother as much as possible, killing her is the first step of the way to a happy, carefree, and healthy life.

I collect my toe nails clippings in a jar. Sometimes I dig to the bottom and chew on the oldest clippings and pretend they're potato chips.
omnia mea mecum porto
2004-10-22, 2:14 PM #14
Women are smart and men are stupid. That's the cause of and solution to all of your problems. </Dr.Phil>
2004-10-22, 3:04 PM #15
Dr. Phil has no qualms about letting a woman here it if she's wrong
Pissed Off?
2004-10-22, 3:32 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Roach
I collect my toe nails clippings in a jar. Sometimes I dig to the bottom and chew on the oldest clippings and pretend they're potato chips.

You must release yourself from exploring your own body. You must see that there are other things you can interact with other than personal bodily possessions. There is not substitute for the real thing. Next time you put that toe nail in your mouth, think, "This isn't a potato chip...I must find a REAL ONE!!!" And then seek real potato chips. And then, you will find a new self inside.

I can't seem to make friends. Whenever I see a person, I think he/she might try to strangle me later on. So I strangle them first...
2004-10-22, 4:22 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman
Get back on thread....And Page, read the first post...

Eh, I was stil la little bit hung over this morning when I posted on this thread earlier. They don't call them thirsty thursdays for nothing. :p
2004-10-22, 5:21 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
I often wonder if I'm bipolar -- I can go from a real happy high to a real low depression. I also have an extremely short temper -- the slightest thing can set me off.

Short temper can be a symptom of depression, especially if you get upset at insignificant things that you know should not annoy you. I know this from first and second hand experience.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.

↑ Up to the top!