Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Yarrrr... Me pen is rather mighty.
Yarrrr... Me pen is rather mighty.
2004-10-24, 3:32 PM #1
Story:
buy my pens
Cross pen ([url]www.cross.com[/url]) has it's worldwide HQ a few miles from my house. Every two years they get rid of all their overstocked crap and whatnot. So my mom and I went there, and we bought 100 of these black pens ($40 a pen) for 2 dollars each...we got about 20 or so 18kt and 14kt gold(filled or rolled not sure which) pens ($72 and $100 a pen) for 5 dollars each. Then we got 10 of these awesome folding pens ($25 a pen) which have been selling like crazy for 2 bucks each. They also had these weird Gel Pens ($15 a pen..that sounds crazy for a gel pen, but it was quality I tell ya!) for $.50 each. Then we got a few 18kt gold pen/pencil sets ($200 a set) for 5 dollars each. (last year my mom got 3 of the 18kt gold pens that are $900 a pen for 15 bucks each...but she gave them away as gifts :( ...she never knew how much they sold for ). buy my pens

So here I am with all these pens, and even if I sell them each for half price (These are brand new pens) I am still makeing a huge huge huge profit. I have a few interested people (and I've sold a few already), because even if I only paid $2 a pen...I'm selling them for $50 instead of $100 that you'd pay from the stores, so people like that. :) Even if I don't get all the pens sold at 1/2 price, there is still a 99.9% chance or so I am going to make a profit. buy my pens

This rocks because I am going to Germany/Austria in april and I still owe my parents $500 for the trip, and now between my job and these pens I'll be out of debt in no time! w00t! buy my pens

Just thought I'd share..oh yeah....post your awesome deals and such etc...whaterv omgerdfasf.dsgf bg23445y,\ buy my pens
Think while it's still legal.
2004-10-24, 3:40 PM #2
you can hardly see: buy my pens
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2004-10-24, 3:42 PM #3
I bought Bubba Ho-Tep on DVD from Futureshop, and they charged me the 3.95 that was my change, and gave me the 16 whatever that was the price as change. That was awesome
2004-10-24, 3:42 PM #4
What the deuce are you talking about , Ewoklover.
>.>
<.<
2004-10-24, 3:47 PM #5
Why do you remind me of [url]www.penisland.net[/url]?
I would buy a pen if i wanted an 18kt pen
nope.
2004-10-24, 3:47 PM #6
E-bay.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-10-24, 3:51 PM #7
That's what I'm going to do.
2004-10-24, 4:23 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Ewoklover
you can hardly see: buy my pens

That's easy to see, this is harder to see than that .
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2004-10-24, 4:32 PM #9
Do they write as well as a .5ยข Bic?
"Flowers and a landscape were the only attractions here. And so, as there was no good reason for coming, nobody came."
2004-10-24, 4:49 PM #10
I dislike you for having been able to get those at those prices . . . You'll be getting a PM soon about the hidden text in your message.
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-10-24, 4:50 PM #11
I need to triple my gamma before it becomes visible.
2004-10-24, 4:54 PM #12
...Or you can highlight it...
The tired anthem of a loser and a hypocrite.
2004-10-25, 3:40 AM #13
MFalse3 is my new favorite massassian, he bought 2 of my pens.

Here are a list of pens.

Epic - Not sold anymore at cross.com (or not yet on the site). It goes for about 40 dollars in stores, so my price is $20.
[http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net/178/1.jpg]

14 Karat Gold Filled/Rolled Gold Pen
Cross.com - $72
My Price - $30
[http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net/178/2.jpg]

10 Karat Gold Filled/Rolled Gold Pen/Pencil Set
Cross.com - $92
My price - $45
[http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net/178/3.jpg]

18 Karat Gold Filled/Rolled Gold Pen
Cross.com - $95
My Price - $50
[http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net/178/4.jpg]

Vice Gel Ink Pen and Document Marker
Cross.com - $25
My Price - $10
[http://imagecorner.sorrowind.net/178/5.jpg]
(Comes in Blue, Violet, Red, and Green)
2004-10-25, 3:57 AM #14
You got the 18 karat gold for $5, and you want us to pay $50? Rippoff.

Knowing what you got it for, the highest I'd pay is $10. I assume you'll give us a cheaper deal?
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-10-25, 4:36 AM #15
He's discounting from the actual price that you normally would pay.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2004-10-25, 4:55 AM #16
Yeah, that's how it generally works. You buy something cheap, then sell it at a high price. But, when you do this, it's a good idea not to tell the person you're selling it to how much you're selling it for. If the customer knows the seller got it cheap, he'll want it cheap too.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
2004-10-25, 7:49 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Overlord
I bought Bubba Ho-Tep on DVD from Futureshop, and they charged me the 3.95 that was my change, and gave me the 16 whatever that was the price as change. That was awesome

Did you correct them? If not...well, legally speaking, that's theft.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-25, 7:54 AM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy

well it doesnt count if you're a theif because someone else is a moron :P
2004-10-25, 8:22 AM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy

I'm not 100% sure, but if they make the mistake - its not theft.

It may be wrong, but only in a moral sense, not a legal one.

Then again, might be different in the US etc.
"Whats that for?" "Thats the machine that goes 'ping'" PING!
Q. How many testers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. We just noticed the room was dark; we don't actually fix the problems.
MCMF forever.
2004-10-25, 9:59 AM #20
I can't believe people pay over $5 for a pen... It's...a pen.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-10-25, 10:56 AM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Jedigreedo
I can't believe people pay over $5 for a pen... It's...a pen.

I was given a set of Cross pens a couple of years ago by my great grandfather and they are cool. They're really heavy so you can hit someone really hard with them on the back of the head and it actually hurts, unlike a Bic pen, which is made by dirty Germans.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-10-25, 11:10 AM #22
I like the cut of your jib, Schming.
2004-10-25, 11:54 AM #23
Quote:
Yeah, that's how it generally works. You buy something cheap, then sell it at a high price. But, when you do this, it's a good idea not to tell the person you're selling it to how much you're selling it for. If the customer knows the seller got it cheap, he'll want it cheap too.

I figure people wouldn't mind for two reasons.

1. Even though I got them very cheap, I am still selling them for 1/2 the regular price.
2. The money I earn goes to helping me pay for my trip to Germany, so it's not like I'm wasting it on drugs and video games or something.

So far everyone I've sold a pen too knows how much I paid. (5 people so far)
2004-10-25, 12:04 PM #24
What's in Germany that interests you so much?
2004-10-25, 2:54 PM #25
An entire country full of stuff?

If you have any of their Ion pens I'm interested in those.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2004-10-25, 2:57 PM #26
School trip. Besides, if he plays his cards right he can go carousing :p
D E A T H
2004-10-25, 3:03 PM #27
Quote:
If you have any of their Ion pens I'm interested in those.

They had a bunch of those and I figured noone would want one...You are the 7th person to ask for one :( I think you need a Vice pen.....CMON!!!

Yoshi, it isn't a school trip, it's from EF Tours. It's going to rock hard. I'm going with all my friends. It's my first time to Europe!!!
2004-10-25, 3:17 PM #28
Yea, but your going on it through your school.
GOOGLE FIND THESE SITES PLEASE KTHXBYE
http://www.stevebcartoons.com
http://www.kingcola.com
2004-10-25, 3:34 PM #29
That's how we're going to do it if I go--through EF Tours. Holy crap, I might meet SAJN in Germany (if I go)
D E A T H
2004-10-25, 4:53 PM #30
My sister used EF Tours and went to Hawaii, Australia, and NZ
2004-10-25, 10:08 PM #31
EF is fun. I've done several of their tours.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"

↑ Up to the top!