Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Saw
Saw
2004-10-26, 12:15 PM #1
This movie is going to rock. It seems like it's going to be sick and twisted, but it also seems like something new to a overly-cliched genre. (Like The Grudge, which sucked! It ripped off a bunch of good horror flicks Ex. The Ring, and a bunch more. I left the theater so confused and not-scared.)

Anyway, back to Saw. Who plans on seeing this?

Here is a taste of how twisted this film will be.

spoiler:
Jigsaw, the unseen fiend, likes to watch as he forces his victims to play deadly games that often lead to a gruesome demise. A young woman awakens to find a large metallic trap wrapped around her jaw. Her face will explode if she doesn't find the key to unlock it, which happens to be hidden inside the stomach of a not-quite-dead body.

- USA Today
Think while it's still legal.
2004-10-26, 12:17 PM #2
Methinks this is a ploy so you can be the first to use the new spoiler tags for a valid purpose.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-10-26, 12:20 PM #3
The Grudge[/b].
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-10-26, 12:23 PM #4
what's the difference between the NEW spoiler tags and the old ones??? :eek:

I thought they were different, they're now like that? eh?

%20
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2004-10-26, 12:30 PM #5
I heard about this film when they were talking about it at a recent film festivel in Toronto... the previews look interesting.

I'm not into horror movies much, but this seems like a kind of movie it might be interested to see... looks... well.... interesting.
The Gas Station
2004-10-26, 12:50 PM #6
i think it looks pretty creepy
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2004-10-26, 1:17 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Oxyonagon
what's the difference between the NEW spoiler tags and the old ones??? :eek:

I thought they were different, they're now like that? eh?

There are two tags for two different ways of concealing spoilers, they are |spoiler||/spoiler| and |spoilerbox||/spoilerbox|.

I haven't seen a trailer or anything of Saw, but it sounds like an exploitation/splatter movie from your description. I wish it were, with the twist of actually being good as a movie. I haven't seen many good splatters...or exploitation movies for that matter, but if a movie is good overall, I would never call it an exploitation movie as it actually has cinematic value.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2004-10-26, 2:12 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
(Like The Grudge, which sucked! It ripped off a bunch of good horror flicks Ex. The Ring, and a bunch more. I left the theater so confused and not-scared.)

Man the previews are scary as all hell though, I mean how can you watch them and not be scarred from having to see gellar's mug yet again?
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-10-26, 3:59 PM #9
My friends and I have been planning to see Saw for months now.
Pissed Off?
2004-10-26, 5:19 PM #10
Danny Glover is in the movie. I read that this is a real good horror movies from several reviewers.
2004-10-26, 5:35 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
My friends and I have been planning to see Saw for months now.

I know it's deeply deeply sad, but that still makes me giggle.

So many people have been trying to get me to see this film, and after my best friend convinced me to go to it on a double date, I thought I'd check out a trailer online. No. I'm just way too much of a wuss. It showed the stuff which is in the spoiler in the first post, which I can handle, but the bad guy wears a creepy mask... and that I just can't take.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2004-10-26, 6:14 PM #12
wow. my stomach is churning. urk.

.'/

↑ Up to the top!