Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Greg Hasting's Tournament Paintball (Xbox)
Greg Hasting's Tournament Paintball (Xbox)
2004-11-18, 10:12 PM #1
Hey Guys.

I know we had the Airsoft vs Paintball thread a while ago, so I know theres certainly some paintballers here.

I bought this game tonight at work, and while I'm really not much of a speedballer, this has to be one of the most solid paintball games I've played in some time. Lots of gear, lots of REAL Markers (Cockers, DM4s, various Tippmanns, JTs, etc). Lots of barrels and such.

Solid controls, solid graphics. I'm pretty impressed.

If anyone picks this up and wants to play over Live, I'll be around.

Gamertag: SyphHFX

Edit/PS: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/sports/greghastingstournamentpaintball/index.html
2004-11-18, 10:16 PM #2
looks pretty nice, but i thought the whole point of painballing was that it was the other way to shoot at your friends, but not kill them, other than video games. i mean if you're gonna fake shoot someone... they should fake die preferably in the most realistically gory way possible.

...but that's just me. :)

looks nice, though.
2004-11-18, 11:15 PM #3
Then why was ChexQuest so much fun? :p
2004-11-19, 12:45 AM #4
ChexQuest was one of the PC first games I ever owned. THe bootspork was awesome.

And my sentiments about paintball are the same as Cazors. I'm an avid paintball player, however, (Tippmann A-5 userr myself), so I might rent it.
2004-11-19, 11:05 AM #5
Do I see game that is a simulation of an activity that simulates another activity. :eek: :rolleyes:
2004-11-19, 2:16 PM #6
The arsenal I have:

Gun: Tippmann 98 Custom
Accessories:
Collipsable ''M4'' Stock
BT Raised Sight Rail
14'' Lapco Bigshot Anodized Barrel
Remote Line
Harness

When I play I wear a full set of combat BDU's.
2004-11-19, 2:53 PM #7
I'm the biggest paintballer on these forums without a doubt, but I have to say: No.

I'll agree.. it's a rent game. Not worth the money.
I can't say anything about the game.. I havn't really payed attention to it or anything.. but paintball ... as a game.. it just doesn't make sense. I don't see how it would work well. There's too many unpredictible factors, too many movements that cannot be 'played' with a simple controler, etc

But I do look foward to trying it out, as I love everything paintball.
2004-11-19, 5:14 PM #8
Its surprisingly fun, and I really hate speedball lol.

Lets see... for gear?

I own and use:

2004 Vert (ProStock) Autococker, Blue.
18" Big Daddy Smart Parts 'Cocker thread
Pure Energy 48cu Alumin HPA
12v Revvy w/Xboard
I'm picking up a Pumpkit this winter as we're having a stock tournament next season.

JT Excellerator 6.0, with a real old 14" ACI Zero Grav barrel. Same HPA tank/Hopper.

One Java Spyder Compact, and a Spyder Compact 2k. Between them I have a few barrels in the 12-16 range, and the Compact2k is modified with a rear-cocking mechanism. 4-stage and 6-stage Expansion chambers on respective markers.

Armotech Zeus (Silver) and Zeus G2 (Black).

I also own a Tippmann A5, however it is being sold to my boss (field owner) since I do not use it and he wants to put the EGrip on it.

[url]www.merseyroad.com[/url] <-I gotta mention the employer :D
2004-11-19, 5:36 PM #9
Don't play anymore, but still have my...

Spyder E99
All American 12'
Bob Long Torpeda
NitroDuck 68cu (with a huuuge drop forward so it sits nicely :))
12v Revy /w Xboard
2004-11-20, 8:57 AM #10
What the heck? Everyone posting their gear?

My dad started the paintball thing, 2 Stringrays and 2 Tigersharks for the family.
My first purchased marker with my own money - Tippmann 98 Custom, stock
It's been continually upgraded over the years, and currently is my only (complete, working) marker.
I've owned:

3 Automags (Have a ton of random parts, I think I could probably make one)
Emag
Angel
Cocker (Not even for a day, hate them)
Timmy
Matrix
2004-11-20, 9:11 AM #11
[http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/2004/screen0/924687_20041112_screen001.jpg]

You shouldn't be able to see through the air vents in the front. The goggles are supposed to be isolated so paint can't go through the vents and into the eyes.

Blah.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2004-11-20, 12:12 PM #12
Actually, you should be can see through them, it looks like the protues design, but that waay down at the bottom of th mask... so unless your lips have eyeballs on them...

↑ Up to the top!