Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Fun hacking game
Fun hacking game
2004-11-29, 4:44 PM #1
Probably going to get old news'd but: http://hackthissite.org

Pretty interesting finding out how do do this stuff. I'm stuck on level 10 of the basic web hacking.

how far can you get? :D
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2004-11-29, 4:46 PM #2
OLD NEWZ

I win!
Stuff
2004-11-29, 6:34 PM #3
Stuck on level 2.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-11-29, 6:59 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Stuck on level 2.

Same here, I was never really good at this stuff.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2004-11-29, 7:01 PM #5
Oh. Now I'm stuck on four. Really read the description a few times and becomes obvious. :)
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2004-11-29, 7:32 PM #6
Heh I suck at this I cant get past level 1 "The Idiot Test". :( I wanna figure it out!
Oberfeldwebel says: ..... You are the epitome of idiocy.
2004-11-29, 7:38 PM #7
The Idiot Test...heh

I got to level 6 or 7 but I can't remember my pw.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2004-11-29, 7:39 PM #8
Maybe its because I'm a idiot? I dunno....I WILL FIGURE THIS OUT EVENTUALLY!!!!:rolleyes:
Oberfeldwebel says: ..... You are the epitome of idiocy.
2004-11-29, 8:50 PM #9
Oou, must look at this. There were a number of others of these i blew through some while back that were a lot of fun. One of them i even wrote a brute forcer to decrypt an algorithm after i got tired of trying to code a proper decryptor.

One in particular i really enjoyed, i can't remember what it was called though. There was Hackthissite of course, and Mod-X as well which are amusing.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2004-11-29, 9:44 PM #10
I'm a bit embarassed to realize that it took me roughly 15 minutes to pass the first level... The solution really is a highly simplistic one.:o
Wake up, George Lucas... The Matrix has you...
2004-11-29, 11:55 PM #11
I would do the realistic hacking challenges, however I do not have the tools needed.

And I can't get past the first level, probably highly simple and highly stupid.
2004-11-29, 11:57 PM #12
Alright guys, im stumped, could you guys give me a clue?
2004-11-30, 12:02 AM #13
Right click -> view source -> scroll to bottom -> read password.
2004-11-30, 12:06 AM #14
I said a clue! not a answer!

...Although I should have thought of that first.

I'm getting old in my age.
2004-11-30, 5:19 AM #15
Also, http://try2hack.nl
2004-11-30, 5:24 AM #16
I'm having problems with level 5. I've done the javascript method, and it still doesn't work. Blasted thing!
2004-11-30, 5:36 AM #17
i had all the basic web, 6 of the real hacking and several of the decryption ones done a while back... to bad i can't remember my user/pass for that site ;)
"*quickly adds in disclaimer that Is may still yet end up being slapped with a white glove, as all women are crazy and there are no rules*" --mavispoo
2004-11-30, 7:56 AM #18
I completed it all. About 4 months ago. Then the server got hi-jacked and deleted by some queer wizz kids who had an arguement with the site owner. They didn't do anything amazing, they just knew the admin passwords.

This is pretty old news, I remember when this site just had the basic challenges... Ach, it's too easy now... :(
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2004-11-30, 8:27 AM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Cool Matty
I'm having problems with level 5. I've done the javascript method, and it still doesn't work. Blasted thing!

I'm assuming you need to fake the referrer field to make the email script think the form is being submitted from the correct page, when it's actually coming from your local page.
2004-11-30, 8:37 AM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Stinkywrix
I said a clue! not a answer!

...Although I should have thought of that first.

I'm getting old in my age.

Was Freelancer just banned for that?

Anyway, don't bother asking for help on the second challenge. You'll regret it.
2004-11-30, 9:23 AM #21
nottheking, ever since I was banned shortly after the presidential election, my custom title has simply been "banned". I dunno.. I kinda like it, so meh.
2004-11-30, 9:35 AM #22
The admins have been really jumpy lately. It seems that it's ok to smear Bush into the ground, but retaliating by posting a site with a bit of gloating on it is bad. Apparently there was "nudity" on a site I put up, if you want to call a guywith out his shirt on nudity. Not exactly hard core pron. ;) Why were you banned Freelancer?
2004-11-30, 9:37 AM #23
For smearing Bush into the ground. There goes your theory...
2004-11-30, 9:41 AM #24
Wow, you must have been doing hardcore smearing. I see people getting away with it all the time. Do the admins hate you or did you do some thing really bad?
2004-11-30, 9:44 AM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
Wow, you must have been doing hardcore smearing. I see people getting away with it all the time. Do the admins hate you or did you do some thing really bad?

No, it probably was because he happened to be doing it arround one of the admin that didn't take to kindly to smearing Bush, just as you may have been caught by an admin of the opposite bias.
2004-11-30, 10:32 AM #26
I've been banned several times, because some idiot must've abused the IP address I sometimes get... It just says I'm banned sometimes... but i just need to re-dial up and woot, i'm in again. IP bans don't work... :p
2004-11-30, 12:29 PM #27
hmm.... I cant view the source, it wont open the window. That was my first thought too so I'm pissed. Might have something to do with me not having Notepad for some reason.... I have no idea what happened to it and I dont feel like reinstalling windows just for notepad.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2004-11-30, 12:32 PM #28
Have fun. <3
2004-11-30, 2:23 PM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by Stinkywrix
I would do the realistic hacking challenges, however I do not have the tools needed.

And I can't get past the first level, probably highly simple and highly stupid.

For mos off the realistic web hacking, all you really need is a browser and some brains. Try reading the articles on the site, as well as the challenge tutorials if you really need em.

I like it because it's educational
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.

↑ Up to the top!