Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Christmas Vacation
Christmas Vacation
2004-12-01, 10:46 PM #1
Best.
Christmas.
Movie.
Ever.

Your thoughts?
>>untie shoes
2004-12-01, 10:52 PM #2
I wholehearted agree. Some families watch It's A Wonderful Life every holiday season, my family watches Christmas Vacation. It has become a precious family tradition that I will someday institute in my own family. God bless Chevy Chase.
2004-12-01, 10:58 PM #3
That's my traditional Christmas movie. A true classic. I'm adding a second movie, Bad Santa, to the tradition this year. Nightmare before Christmas might be added to the list too, but it can also stand as a Halloween movie, so I'm not sure.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-12-01, 11:02 PM #4
Simply split the difference and watch The Nightmare Before Christmas on Thanksgiving. ;)
2004-12-01, 11:09 PM #5
A Christmas Story > *

Quote:
Some men are Baptists...others Catholics...My father was an Oldsmobile man.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2004-12-02, 12:02 AM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by Emon
A Christmas Story > *

QFTx38768234797
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2004-12-02, 7:43 AM #7
Merry Christmas Mr. Bean > *
2004-12-02, 7:47 AM #8
Our traditional Christmas movie was Total Recall for about 5 or 6 years... but as we lost our tape (as well as a "VCR) we've had to fall back on my DVD of Die Hard.
Pereant qui ante nos nostra dixerunt.
2004-12-02, 9:07 AM #9
my personal favorite Christmas movie would have to be Gremlins :D
"It sounds like an epidemic."
"Look, I don't know what that means. But it happens all the time." - Penny Arcade
Last.fm
2004-12-02, 9:15 AM #10
How can anyone even dare say anything is better than Christmas Story?

blasphemers!
2004-12-02, 9:50 AM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by MFalse3
my personal favorite Christmas movie would have to be Gremlins :D

YES!!!

But I too like Christmas Vacation...who wouldnt?
No sig.
2004-12-02, 2:46 PM #12
Quote:
A Christmas Story > *
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-12-02, 2:51 PM #13
Quote:
A Christmas Story > *
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2004-12-02, 3:34 PM #14
What's the one called with the wonder-years sort of voice over through the whole thing, where the kid nearly shoots his eye out with a BB gun, and the tongue on the pole thing? That we watch every single christmas break about 9 times over. Hilarious movie.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-12-02, 5:56 PM #15
*See previous two posts*
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2004-12-02, 5:57 PM #16
Hah, well, yeah. That one.
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2004-12-02, 6:08 PM #17
Christmas Vacation all the way! The other Vacation movies just didn't get the feel this one did. Maybe because it could be taken more personally if your family got weird(er) at Christmas?

A Christmas Story is good too, even though I've seen it too many times to count, something..just keeps me watching. I don't know what it is.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2004-12-02, 7:42 PM #18
For some reason were watching that in school right now. :D

Teflon + Metal sled = FUN
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2004-12-02, 8:04 PM #19
Everyone gets the 24 hour Christmas day marathon of A Christmas Story, right? It's not just Jersey, but the whole nation, and possibly more? I don't even think to put A Christmas Story on an annual movie list, because I know it will be on anyway. I can't imagine Christmas without it. It has played Christmas day, all day, for as long as I can remember.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2004-12-02, 8:07 PM #20
Nightmare Before Christmas is the best holiday movie ever because it transcends the holiday boundaries, being a movie appropriate for both Halloween and Christmas.

Plus, it's a really effin-good movie.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2004-12-02, 8:29 PM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Chaz Ghostle
Everyone gets the 24 hour Christmas day marathon of A Christmas Story, right? It's not just Jersey, but the whole nation, and possibly more? I don't even think to put A Christmas Story on an annual movie list, because I know it will be on anyway. I can't imagine Christmas without it. It has played Christmas day, all day, for as long as I can remember.

TBS right? so basically everyone who gets that channel...
eat right, exercise, die anyway

↑ Up to the top!