Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Help with KotOR - not hints
Help with KotOR - not hints
2003-12-15, 1:15 PM #1
i need some help with this game. i've just started and i've gotten the swoop bike accelerator from the Vulkar base. when i try to take it back into the Hidden Bek base, the game freezes and goes back to the start screen. i cant click on anything and i cant move the highlight to anywhere but new game. it does this every time i try to go into the Bek base. does anyone have any suggestions?

------------------
Truth is in the eye of the beholder.
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2003-12-15, 2:48 PM #2
There is a serious bug that causes the game to crash upon map change in some situations. There should be an auto save game that was created the second you entered the base, load it.
2003-12-15, 2:50 PM #3
i did, and it does the same thing. i loaded that save and saved it to a fresh slot and it still does the same thing. is there another way to get into the Bek base?

------------------
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2003-12-15, 2:59 PM #4
No, there's no other way in. Try it a few more times. I had the same problem trying to get onto the elevator on Saul's ship. On about the 5th try, it loaded successfully.

------------------
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here.
2003-12-15, 2:59 PM #5
Theres 2 ways that I know of, you can go from the undercity level, and I think you can take some sort of elevator from the top level.. or maybe Im confused (Its been a while, about 40 hours in-game time since Ive been there [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif])

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-15, 3:54 PM #6
just checked it out and you're confused. you can get to the lower city a couple different ways, but not the Hidden Bek base. its still kicking me out every time. i can do anything apparently except go through that door. and i NEED to go through that door. where are the save games located? maybe a reinstall would work, but i dont want to lose my progress.

------------------
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2003-12-15, 4:21 PM #7
Yeah, that sucks, big time.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-15, 4:34 PM #8
Do you have the latest patch? Cant hurt.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-15, 6:55 PM #9
yep, i've got the new patch. i found out what the problem is, and unfortunately it cannot be fixed right now. i looked on the bioware tech support forums and there are a LOT of people with this exact problem, and many with this problem in different places like tatooine and dantooine. bioware says they have not been able to replicate the problem. they do say though that it is a corrupted save file. people have reinstalled with old saves, started new games without reinstalling, and reinstalled with no previous saves and nothing works. it seems like once you have this problem, that's it. bioware has said that they are still working on it though. so if you have this game, keep multiple saves. that's your only chance of getting out of this problem if you get it.

------------------
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2003-12-16, 12:46 AM #10
That happened to me once on Korbanis or whatever its called, right after I did the nagow shadow's (Something like that) tomb. I just loaded my saved game instead of the autosave and it worked fine

------------------
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-16, 6:10 AM #11
your corruption must have happened after you did the regular save, you got lucky. my saves were all done after the base was corrupted. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Forum Rules
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today
2003-12-16, 6:33 AM #12
Never had this problem on the XBOX!

------------------
GhostOfYoda - General doer of stuff.
Massassi's Official Chatroom: irc.synirc.com #massassi
2003-12-16, 6:37 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GhostOfYoda:

</font>

Ive never had any problems on THE PC!!

------------------
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-16, 6:40 AM #14
Quote:

</font>

AYE!
Those bees all have paws!
2003-12-16, 9:06 AM #15
Quote:

</font>

yes, but i can't take my xbox with me like i can with my laptop [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif] i'm shying away from console rpg's after seeing the comparison of morrowind pc vs. xbox (i have both). pc just looked so much better, not to mention the mod potential is awesome. i know it's just one game, but meh. my preference.

[edit: can't speel]
------------------
Forum Rules

[This message has been edited by Crimson (edited December 16, 2003).]
Little angel go away
Devil has my ear today

↑ Up to the top!