Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Post your good deeds
Post your good deeds
2003-12-12, 10:55 AM #1
This thread sort of came to be from Brian's Went to the Symphony thread.

Because it's Christmas, and because of MaDa, let's post the nice little things we've done for others recently. Be specific.

First one:

Today I had some spare time, so I picked up litter by the road.

------------------
In rememberance of MaDaVentor...one of the best Massassians out there.
http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/031774.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Check out updates for my editing work at the Shadow Jedi Academy.

[This message has been edited by Kievan Mereel (edited December 12, 2003).]
2003-12-12, 10:56 AM #2
I help people whenever I can. Does that count?

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2003-12-12, 10:57 AM #3
I helped a girl back on her bike after she fell off..

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.
2003-12-12, 11:05 AM #4
yeah, gothix probaly knocked her off first [http://forums.massassi.net/html/tongue.gif], I took one of the angels off a tree in town that had a less fortunet kid's name on it. I got him a starwars t-shirt, 2 of those new Ninja Turtles, and a pair of nice gloves.

Edit: I after seeing Keivans post, I picked up trash on my road, because some junkies always throw trash out the window when they drive by

------------------
One ring to rule them all. One to find them. One ring ti bring them all and in the darkness bind them. In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

[This message has been edited by Arkon11 (edited December 12, 2003).]
Flipsides crackers are the best crackers to have ever existed
2003-12-12, 11:07 AM #5
I try to say something nice to everyone I meet so they feel alittle better.
2003-12-12, 11:10 AM #6
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
Originally posted by KOP_AoEJedi
I help people whenever I can.
</font>

Same here. I particularly enjoy helping other JK editors (provided that I've atually HELPED them [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif] ) and other stuff like that.
I often try not to be much of a troublemaker (sometimes I just can't help it).

------------------
Darth Slaw posted here.
Jedi Knight: DF2
One Must Fall - 2097
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2003-12-12, 11:16 AM #7
I took the train home from North Bay to Toronto when I was in college once. There was no one available to pick me up so I started hitchhiking down Lakeshore from Union Station. I walked for about 3 hours when an old guy picked me up. He asked where I was going and I told him, 'Burlington'. So he asked where I was coming from and I told him I was visiting from college and that I was taking environmental biology.
Well he dropped me off at the next nearest GO Train station, gave me $10 to take the train to Burlington and told me to do something good for the environment one day with my education.

I recycle to the point where it drives Jenn nuts. Toilet paper rolls, bits of scrap paper, cans and bottles I might find discarded around the neighbourhod...
I don't do it to pay him back, but to do something good. I think it's the fact that I would do it anyway is what this old guy meant.
Hmmm...

------------------
To artificial life, all reality is virtual.
2003-12-12, 11:21 AM #8
I flipped off a box of kittens once-- er... oh. o.O

------------------
Do you have stairs in your house?

[This message has been edited by Correction (edited December 12, 2003).]
2003-12-12, 12:03 PM #9
Hmmm, well, I'm going to be talking a bunch of my friends to the airposrt once finals are done. At the begining ofthe semester, I helped two of my friends clean up and paint their new apartment. I've done lot's of other little things for friends around the house like moving furniture and stuff. The list is really long and I don't remeber most of it.

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-12, 12:11 PM #10
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Correction:
I flipped off a box of kittens once-- er... oh. o.O

</font>

hehe
/me huggles PA
i generaly help people if the ask me to help them

------------------
" You killed me. That wasn't very nice."
Noble Gases
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2003-12-12, 6:33 PM #11
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by happydud:
I protect people from the Terrible Secret of Space.

</font>

<3.

------------------
2003-12-12, 6:33 PM #12
I protect people from the Terrible Secret of Space.

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2003-12-12, 6:38 PM #13
I was born.
Those bees all have paws!
2003-12-12, 6:39 PM #14
*fails sanity check* Crap.

Anyway, I personally abstain from doing so, in the true clincher of any good deed is not bragging about it like this.
Cordially,
Lord Tiberius Grismath
1473 for '1337' posts.
2003-12-12, 6:52 PM #15
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
*fails sanity check* Crap.</font>

Checking if build environment is sane.... No.

*crap!*

(cries when noone gets the reference...)

Seriously, though . . umm . . . well . . I cant really think of any good things . . except maybe that time I returned this dude's wallet . . . minues a finders fee, of course... [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-12, 7:21 PM #16
I gave a freshman a quarter. For what, I won't say.

------------------
I have become Death, destroyer of newbs.
Statavad-Gita 8:14
:master::master::master:
2003-12-12, 8:28 PM #17
Helping peeps if they ask me IRL, always on MMORPGs.

------------------
"Hass, alkoss, gyarapíts: s a haza fényre derûl!"

-Kölcsey Ferenc
2003-12-12, 8:32 PM #18
I'm an arrogant ba*****.

------------------
<scribbly handwriting barely resembling name>

[This message has been edited by Gandalf1120 (edited December 12, 2003).]
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2003-12-12, 8:33 PM #19
Yesterday, I fixed the chain on a little girls bike.

------------------
My Deviations
"When all else fails, eat pie."
2003-12-12, 8:40 PM #20
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stat:

</font>

This, perhaps, maybe? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/wink.gif]

------------------
Fight the future.
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2003-12-12, 8:56 PM #21
I carried a big basket of oranges for some old lady to her car at my school cause she bought'em for some fund raising thing we had

I was about to go to my car to go home anyways so the principal asked me to carry them for her cause I was walking past them, so I did lol

------------------
I'm like a superhero with no powers or motivation.
2003-12-12, 8:58 PM #22
I got a whole bunch of money in change that I didn't deserve from a cashier.

I gave it to one of those donation buckets on the way out, thus restoring balance to the Force.

------------------
Duel Zero key count: Zero! Down to guns and forces. Expect a release soon.
2003-12-12, 9:22 PM #23
I just gave 2 drunk kids a ride home from the bar.
I went to the 24 hour grocery store to get tea and fruit because I have a cold, and there were 2 kids (21 years old I guess) shivering in the cold. They were coming from the bar across the street.
They needed a ride and I gave them one.

------------------
2003-12-13, 9:22 AM #24
- I cured an entire village from the black plague
- I pulled a puppy from the jaws of a large Cat
- I nuked South Africa and West London. I saved them from themselves.

I'm just a giving kinda person.

------------------
Even the mightiest of men are crippled by love.
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2003-12-15, 7:11 AM #25
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Lord_Grismath:
Anyway, I personally abstain from doing so, in the true clincher of any good deed is not bragging about it like this.</font>
The purpose of this thread has already been found by Arkon11:
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I after seeing Keivans post, I picked up trash on my road, because some junkies always throw trash out the window when they drive by</font>
I'm just trying to encourage others to do something nice for someone else. It's good too see all the great responses so far!

And to keep the thread going, yesterday I helped my mom with the dishes without her asking me to.

------------------
http://forums.massassi.net/html/Forum1/HTML/031774.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2003-12-15, 7:23 AM #26
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by stat:

</font>

Quarter of what?

------------------
Baby Mama's Drama
TAKES HINTS JUST FINE, STILL DOESN'T CARE
2003-12-15, 8:39 AM #27
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Seriously, though . . umm . . . well . . I cant really think of any good things . . except maybe that time I returned this dude's wallet . . . minues a finders fee, of course...</font>

If you'd have tried that on me, I'd have turned you in. You know, some people are so anal they know every cent of what's in their wallets all the time. I'm not one of them, so I guess I couldn't turn you in for theft. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/frown.gif]

------------------
Have a good one,
Freelancer
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2003-12-15, 8:43 AM #28
I'm the same way, but you see what I would do is CLAIM I had an extra 60-100 dollars in there.. [http://forums.massassi.net/html/smile.gif]

------------------
MadQuack on Military school: Pro's: I get to shoot a gun. Con's: Everything else.
"I'm going to beat you until the laws of physics are violated!!" ! Maeve's Warcry

RIP -MaDaVentor-. You will be missed.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2003-12-15, 9:46 AM #29
I haven't done anything big really, just a bunch of little things. I've often spent hours at a time helping people with editing stuff (or related to music), or occasionaly stayed up all night to keep someone company. During high school I often helped other people in my classes who were having trouble (mainly in biology and computer science). I also spent every lunch hour in the computer lab as a monitor so that the teachers could get on with their correction work instead, I helped some teachers with a couple of projects, and also repaired defective computers and improved some stuff about the computer lab (like making up a list of rules and an efficient system to know who was using which computer at any given time).

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-12-15, 1:43 PM #30
I took my girlfriends daughter to school and picked her up afterwards because my gf is sick. I held the door for two people today.

But then I ruined it by getting angry and honking and speeding by 3 other people that couldn't drive to save their lives. First one was going 10 mph under the speed limit. Second one stopped near the post office entrance in order to get a close spot, but they didn't care that there was a huge line behind them leaving people STOPPED in the middle of the road trying to turn in. Third person slammed their brakes in the middle of the street in order to let someone make a left turn in front of them. Of course, everyone behind this "nice" guy almost go rear-ended, and again, people were stuck in the middle of a busy intersection. I wish these people would realize that they're putting other people's LIVES in danger just for their own convenience. *sigh*
2003-12-15, 3:32 PM #31
Someone cut me off today and I didn't flip them off.

------------------
1 of 14 - The Coucil still lives
6-16 Never Forget.
Click.
1 of 14 | 6-16 Never Forget. | Click.
2003-12-16, 8:08 AM #32
I helped my mom make dinner last night.

------------------

2003-12-16, 8:43 AM #33
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Quarter of what?</font>

LMAO!!!
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">But then I ruined it by getting angry and honking and speeding by 3 other people that couldn't drive to save their lives.</font>

I'm the same way.

------------------
2003-12-16, 9:42 AM #34
Lost all my good deeds in a poker game. :\

------------------
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2003-12-16, 9:52 AM #35
I put a bullet between the eyes of ever Panda that wouldn't procreate to save its species. I opened the dump valves on oil tankers and smothered all the French beaches I'd never see. I breathed smoke.

------------------
"LC Tusken: the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot"
Jack Chick preaches it
NMGOH
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2003-12-16, 9:58 AM #36
It's good to know there's people like wolfy out there who want to make a difference.

------------------
When bread becomes toast, it can never go back to being bread again.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2003-12-16, 1:57 PM #37
I bought a foozball table for my dad's charity (not a big one. only a small $15 version).

------------------
"No good can ever come from staying with normal people"
-Outlaw Star
"Some people play tennis. I erode the human soul"
-Tycho, Penny Arcade
A Knight's Tail
Exile: A Tale of Light in Dark
The Never Ending Story²
"I consume the life essence itself!... Preferably medium rare" - Mauldis

-----@%

↑ Up to the top!