Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Thanks Spiral...
Thanks Spiral...
2005-01-06, 5:50 PM #1
I Just played Spirals MP-Level Haven on LAN with g-Man and i can say i never had so mich fun in JK MP like today...
It is just great...Thank You Spiral :D

Acu
STFU n00b...>.<
2005-01-06, 5:52 PM #2
There is a personal message system.

But this level IS possibly the greatest JK level ever. Good god, it's great. Very beautiful, especially the fact that he didn't really use any glorified methods to his level, and kept it relitivelly simple (Despite the secrets).

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-06, 5:55 PM #3
I lnow that there is a private message system but i thoght it would be better to shout it out because it is definitely the best MP Level ever...
STFU n00b...>.<
2005-01-06, 6:21 PM #4
Too bad this is 2005. A level like that back when JK was going good would have much more downloads. :( The level is great though.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-06, 6:33 PM #5
Downloading
D E A T H
2005-01-06, 6:40 PM #6
It scared me far more than Doom 3. One doesn't expect an invulnerable monster to come and kill you in a multiplayer level. I haven't really been back to explore it in awhile.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-06, 6:51 PM #7
Haven was simply stunning... When I pushed the buttion and saw the door opening I knew I was in trouble. Now about the JK Hall of Fame...
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-06, 7:09 PM #8
spiral r win
free(jin);
tofu sucks
2005-01-07, 1:26 AM #9
Thanks everyone. It is sad to see that it only has about 140 downloads, compared to the nearly 3000 of reclusion... but I guess times are changing... Oh well, I still love editing JK, and I don't think the lack of downloads will sway me to quit editing JK. Thanks everyone (too bad about those damn dflt.mats.. :( )
||||||||||||||||||||
2005-01-07, 6:56 AM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiral
Thanks everyone. It is sad to see that it only has about 140 downloads, compared to the nearly 3000 of reclusion... but I guess times are changing... Oh well, I still love editing JK, and I don't think the lack of downloads will sway me to quit editing JK. Thanks everyone (too bad about those damn dflt.mats.. :( )

we just name another mat to dlft.mat´in the gob
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-01-07, 12:22 PM #11
Well, the mat isn't the whole problem.. the dflt mat that I know of is a bad adjoin. I cleaved up a room to make the lighting in the room smoother, but I cleaved an adjoin by accident and it messed up it's properties.. making one half od the door way visible... so simply changing it to a different mat wouldn't help much, cause u'd still have a paper thin wall covering half of the doorway.. (granted that would be better than a huge dflt mat.. ;) )
||||||||||||||||||||
2005-01-07, 1:31 PM #12
Quote:
Well, the mat isn't the whole problem.. the dflt mat that I know of is a bad adjoin. I cleaved up a room to make the lighting in the room smoother, but I cleaved an adjoin by accident and it messed up it's properties.. making one half od the door way visible... so simply changing it to a different mat wouldn't help much, cause u'd still have a paper thin wall covering half of the doorway.. (granted that would be better than a huge dflt mat.. ;) )

it would if the mat is transperent....

2005-01-09, 9:22 AM #13
Here some pics.....

Ready fo Action

[http://img71.exs.cx/img71/6319/jshot0336mv.jpg]

Haha I see you Acu.

[http://img71.exs.cx/img71/9247/jshot0367ow.jpg]

2005-01-09, 11:30 AM #14
When I pushed the button and saw the door, I had to go find it. I was with Nightwind, and for a second we thought we were in the wrong room... I turned around and stared to leave when out of the corner of my eye I saw a shadow dart toward me with incredible speed and heard a gut-wrenching scream. That scared me so bad my heart rate must have shot to 200. That was the best Jedi Knight experience I ever had... Thanks Spiral for having a fruitful and very twisted imagination paired with the brains for great level editing.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-01-09, 1:43 PM #15
Glad to be of service.. :)
||||||||||||||||||||
2005-01-09, 2:10 PM #16
You bastage, where is my L A B O R A T O R Y?
:(
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-09, 3:50 PM #17
I can't keep making laboratory levels forever... there are only so many numbers...

EDIT: Not saying I WONT make anymore Laboratory Levels - I still have to release Lab Vol 2 - I'm just saying that everything I do don't have to be a Laboratory level.. plus.. a laboratory level in moderation is better than a laboratory level every week
||||||||||||||||||||
2005-01-09, 5:31 PM #18
Nono, I want my SP LAB part 2 goodness.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-09, 5:41 PM #19
Arrrrgh, I uninstalled JK just before I got to play this to make room! Why?! I also lost my CD.

Actually, is it legal to download the game online when I've already payed for it, I just lost the disk? I hope so... :(
DO NOT WANT.
2005-01-09, 5:46 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Zell
Arrrrgh, I uninstalled JK just before I got to play this to make room! Why?! I also lost my CD.

Actually, is it legal to download the game online when I've already payed for it, I just lost the disk? I hope so... :(

I'm pretty sure it is, as long as you have proof.

And as we all know, Zell's word alone is very trustworthy.

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-09, 6:01 PM #21
Missin the JK glory days.. :(
Dralloc RPG = funnest times I've ever had online...
2005-01-09, 8:55 PM #22
Quote:
Glad to be of service.. :)
No no, Spiral. Thank YOU. I've been looking for someone who can make a good multiplayer level without making it too... normal.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-01-09, 9:50 PM #23
I'd like to get inside your head for a day, Spiral. However, from then on, I think I would have horrible nightmares... :p
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-09, 10:49 PM #24
how could the monster be invulnerable? There is no invincibility flag in jk, unless the monster is supershielded, but that only works for the player, right?

does the monster simply have an insane ammount of health?
2005-01-10, 12:40 AM #25
Insane amount of health. Try hopping up on the bed frame next to his cell and chopping away at him with the saber. You can't truly win though, after all - he is a ghost.
"Well ain't that a merry jelly." - FastGamerr

"You can actually see the waves of me not caring in the air." - fishstickz
2005-01-10, 1:42 AM #26
Yes, this is true, u can.. kill him.. so to speak.. yet.. he IS already dead...
||||||||||||||||||||
2005-01-10, 1:49 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
how could the monster be invulnerable? There is no invincibility flag in jk, unless the monster is supershielded, but that only works for the player, right?

does the monster simply have an insane ammount of health?

SetThingFlags(thing, 0x8); //sets invulnerability
Also there's setsuperflags too, I believe (super shield flags). Besides putting a damaged: message into his class.cog to remove all the damage.
</sarcasm>
<Anovis> mmmm I wanna lick your wet, Mentis.
2005-01-10, 3:21 PM #28
Try this. Put the level as a mod for Jedi Knight. Then you can play it in singleplayer. Put on whiteflag 1, and get all weapons. Go to the ghosts room and aim. Put heavy object on mouse button. Watch fireworks. Fireworks run out. Get all weapons. Watch fireworks. Fireworks run out. Get all weapons. Watch fireworks. Fireworks run out. Get all weapons. Watch fireworks. Fireworks run out. Get all weapons. Watch fireworks. Fireworks run out. This way, you don't actually have to sit there and try to fight the un-fightable. When one weapon runs out, it switches to another (check the box in settings for no dangerous weapons so the ghost isn't moved). I would try this, but I regard it as a waste of time after I realized how much health the thing has. Oh, and by the way, I opened the GOB file and found a "ghostdie.wav" file in it...
2005-01-10, 3:59 PM #29
I can't help it... but I can't say, "thank you for being a massassian, Spiral," enough times.
2005-01-10, 4:01 PM #30
This is where the butt kissing ends, and the *** kicking begins.

*joke*

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-10, 4:24 PM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by Double Helix
Try this. Put the level as a mod for Jedi Knight. Then you can play it in singleplayer. Put on whiteflag 1, and get all weapons. Go to the ghosts room and aim. Put heavy object on mouse button. Watch fireworks. Fireworks run out. Get all weapons. Watch fireworks. Fireworks run out. Get all weapons. Watch fireworks. Fireworks run out. Get all weapons. Watch fireworks. Fireworks run out. Get all weapons. Watch fireworks. Fireworks run out. This way, you don't actually have to sit there and try to fight the un-fightable. When one weapon runs out, it switches to another (check the box in settings for no dangerous weapons so the ghost isn't moved). I would try this, but I regard it as a waste of time after I realized how much health the thing has. Oh, and by the way, I opened the GOB file and found a "ghostdie.wav" file in it...

KWP does wonders. That's how I killed weegee to expiremnt

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."

↑ Up to the top!