Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → New Massassi web page?
New Massassi web page?
2005-01-06, 9:22 PM #1
I heard there was a rumor of a new Massassi web page layout... Does anyone know anything about this?
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-01-06, 9:23 PM #2
http://www.massassi.net/2/

Thats one of them. There was another one that Kedri was working on before he disapeared.
2005-01-06, 9:28 PM #3
Thanks... and I was thinking... Maybe you could start a contest?
Nice web page. I like it. In the upper left, there is the picture of Kyle, but you should add a java applet to that picture to give it a ripple effect. That would make the page look even more professional.
And nice signature.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-01-06, 9:29 PM #4
I like that design, DSettahr. Fresh, yet sticking to the theme.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-06, 9:35 PM #5
Except it doesnt work right in FireFox. Kedri's design was pretty good too, and still stuck to the green theme. I dont know if its still hosted anywhere, but if it is someone will probably post a link to it soon. It was no where near done though.
2005-01-06, 9:43 PM #6
I agree with you on Kedri's design, too. It had promise, but needed a ton of work. I do want to see how this poll comes out.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-06, 11:16 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Double Helix
Nice web page. I like it. In the upper left, there is the picture of Kyle, but you should add a java applet to that picture to give it a ripple effect. That would make the page look even more professional.
And nice signature.

bad idea. Java is sloooooooooooow and not everyone has broadband.

and why a ripple effect?
2005-01-06, 11:32 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
Except it doesnt work right in FireFox.

Works fine in Opera.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-06, 11:43 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
and why a ripple effect?

I'm guessing its a type of idea that seems "cool" for only one day.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-06, 11:59 PM #10
Using Java for something functional: tolerable
Using Java for effects and "glitter" : DIE!
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-07, 12:45 AM #11
Forcing Maeve to spend 3 months coding in Java = unforgivable

(I promise, after 14/1/5 I will stop moaning about this!)
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-07, 3:18 AM #12
By the way, there is still some defaced stuff there. Click on the POTD on the right.
Founder of the Massassi Brute Squad (MBS)
Morituri Nolumus Mori
2005-01-07, 3:29 AM #13
hah, Crimson Rush is gone.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-07, 5:51 AM #14
http://www.dettylog.co.uk/proto/proto.htm
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-07, 6:49 AM #15
Ah I knew I had seen dettys one searching google one time but i couldnt find it again...until he posted it.

Whatever new website theme we have i think we really need to have the original logo on the home page.
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2005-01-07, 6:51 AM #16
-woops-
I was just petting the bunny, and it went into the soup can, and part of my hand went with it. - Red vs Blue
2005-01-07, 7:03 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

Excellent, we should be using that!
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-07, 7:11 AM #18
No No No No No! It's not green enough. It would never work. ;)
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-01-07, 9:09 AM #19
Quote:

Yeah, thats the design Kedri was working on.
2005-01-07, 10:10 AM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Double Helix
And nice signature.

A. It would make the site look very UNPROFESSIONAL.
B. It is VERY slow on older computers, and very buggy.
C. It's ugly :p
D. Loads slowly. You want your main page to load QUICKLY.
E. Very incompatible. And downright nasty looking for those who cannot view it. (In other words, no image whatsoever instead.)

So uhh... No. :p

Anyways, isn't Brian working on a new site already, with a totally new backend? He showed some screenshots of the backend way back when he first returned.
2005-01-07, 10:12 AM #21
Yeah I remembered that... either he's almost done... abbandonned it or is really slow. :D
2005-01-07, 10:14 AM #22
That /2/ doesn't really work "fine" in opera. The stylesheets are all messed up and all the side menu links are different sizes and styles. Anyway, that /2/ isn't *exactly* the one Kedri designed. It's been hacked by blujay when he put the news into it.

I've got his original design (actually two themes on that same design) and it looks great. I've actually modified it to look exactly the same across browsers with a lot less html funk. It's going to be in the CVS when I get a chance to get the new server. Been trying. ServerBeach.com is out of their $99/month servers.
2005-01-07, 10:16 AM #23
Kedri's original design of Massassi 2 is much better than what is in /2/
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-01-07, 11:09 AM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by oSiRiS
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-01-07, 6:13 PM #25
I'm going to have to losely quote bash.org here.

Saying Java is good because it works on all OS' is like saying sodomy is great because it works on both sexes.
2005-01-07, 8:52 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by oSiRiS

Far better. Sorry brian, but bright greens and clutter < simplicity and easy on the eyes.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-07, 10:56 PM #27
Why do you say sorry "brian?" I didn't put up /2/
2005-01-07, 11:21 PM #28
Quote:

That is a thing of beauty! I'd go for that any day. If we have the option to pick a theme we want Massassi presented in, PLEASE make that an option.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-08, 12:04 AM #29
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian

lol
2005-01-08, 12:06 AM #30
Quote:
Originally posted by Brian

Well at least he didn't say "Sorry Brain"
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-08, 10:33 AM #31
I noticed you were very critical of my Java idea... It's not like we need it, IT WAS JUST AN IDEA. Anyway, now that I know how many of you have slow internet...
2005-01-08, 10:44 AM #32
The java applet would load very quickly, it can be done in just a few kilobytes. It would just be ugly, tacky and make the webpage consume unnessary memory.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-08, 10:46 AM #33
I understand what you mean. I just meant a small logo without drawing too much attention to it's self. Not too much of an effect as well. (And remember, I am just "testing the water")
2005-01-08, 10:47 AM #34
To clarify:

Kedri made a design for Massassi2 in 2001. Brian made a php backend for it but it never got fully complete. Blujay took up the task after than, and heavily modified Kedri's design (this is what is seen in /2/, and is pretty heavily modified at this point), and never really got done either.

Det's is something that has more recently surfaced, where Kedri partially made a new design but never finished it before he disappeared.
2005-01-08, 10:58 AM #35
This poll is turning out very interestingly.
2005-01-08, 11:04 AM #36
In my opinion, old is good. If you look at the poll, you'll see there are many others who think the same. In other words, don't try fixing something that doesn't need fixing. ;) The only thing I dislike about the Massassi main page is the fact that it uses frames. If we could use tables and CSS instead, I think it would be much more practical. And if we ever did have to redesign the web page, you just simply CAN'T get rid of Massassi's logo. That has stuck with this site for years, and is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Massassi is that logo. To take that away would be to take away a part of Massassi herself . . .
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-01-08, 11:05 AM #37
Quote:
Originally posted by Daft_Vader
To take that away would be to take away a part of Massassi herself . . .

Massassi.net is a girl? w00t
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-08, 11:08 AM #38
Detty's right on the Java. Many folk (including me) tried to incorporate Java applets back in the "early days" of Java. These neato-cheato effects looked really good. That is until we realized how much of a resource hog Java really is. And it would look really out-of-place. We're not condemning you for bringing up an idea. We're just showing how said idea just wouldn't work well.

Oh yeah and here's the problem in Firefox for those who don't have it/not seen it yet.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-08, 11:29 AM #39
Interesting... seems like the frame isn't being completed.
2005-01-08, 11:35 AM #40
Quote:

I loves it
[01:52] <~Nikumubeki> Because it's MBEGGAR BEGS LIKE A BEGONI.

↑ Up to the top!