Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Flooding in north UK
Flooding in north UK
2005-01-08, 7:24 AM #1
Floods after high winds batter UK

No talk yet of any casualties, but tens of thousands of homes are without power, and apparently the numbers are rising.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-08, 7:41 AM #2
That sucks :(
2005-01-08, 7:42 AM #3
North Yorkshire is fine and dandy at the moment... I'm going to London tomorrow, then back up to Durham on Thursday... hope the weather improves by then...!
2005-01-08, 7:44 AM #4
How often does it snow in England, if it all?
www.dailyvault.com. - As Featured in Guitar Hero II!
2005-01-08, 7:48 AM #5
it's snowed a few times every winter for the last decade or so (at least in my area), in the south it doesn't snow as much.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-08, 8:04 AM #6
the winds allegedly reached 90mph last night here in manchester
i love the north
2005-01-08, 8:19 AM #7
Soon the next ice age yar yar yar!
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-08, 8:20 AM #8
Go North-West! The wind's been pretty bad and it rained slightly before, but nothing like that.
2005-01-08, 8:22 AM #9
This iss.... The End Of The World As We Know It!!!!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-01-08, 8:27 AM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Nubs
How often does it snow in England, if it all?

It snowed a bit last winter. The year before that, the entire country practically collapsed because of slightly icey roads. It was quite amusing.

It never ever snows in December, but sometimes in January.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-08, 9:10 AM #11
Hey! I had my first ever British white xmas this year, down in Devon. But it's true, we complain all year that the weather is boring then as soon as it gets exciting (read: a breeze causes a leaf to land on a train track) the entire country goes into panic.

So nobody here's been affected, then?
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-08, 9:14 AM #12
gales in guildford but nothing else
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-01-08, 10:04 AM #13
Gales here too - nothing to write home about.
2005-01-08, 10:17 AM #14
Only moderately strong winds... Damn South East. It's the part that needs to be eradicated.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-01-08, 10:27 AM #15
a few walls fell over in my town (north east england, near newcastle) i could hear the wind all night, around about 90mph.
2005-01-08, 10:49 AM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by maevie
Hey! I had my first ever British white xmas this year, down in Devon. But it's true, we complain all year that the weather is boring then as soon as it gets exciting (read: a breeze causes a leaf to land on a train track) the entire country goes into panic.

So nobody here's been affected, then?

You and Southern California alike. When we get a small rainstorm it's plastered all over radio/TV "(Killer) Storm Watch 2005" Then we all go ape**** and our all ready horrific driving skills drop to mere nothing.

We're going through a nasty storm right now. ]-[ellequin and Pagewizard can attest to the crazyness that is going on in Southern California.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-09, 4:21 AM #17
well i just noticed our garden fence is no longer there.... guess we did get some bad wind.
2005-01-09, 8:43 AM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by JediGandalf

We're going through a nasty storm right now. ]-[ellequin and Pagewizard can attest to the crazyness that is going on in Southern California.

If by nasty storm, you mean a constant light drizzly rain, then yeah.

↑ Up to the top!