Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Hide and Seek
Hide and Seek
2005-01-08, 11:30 AM #1
Am I the only one that thinks this looks like the biggest cliche ever made? I saw the trailer and it looks like they took every horror movie ever made and jammed it together.

The child that acts mysterious and draws really bad crayon pictures that somehow relate to the mystery in the horror story? Cmon. The Ring did this. I think the Grudge had something like that. A few other movies as well.

The child can see something everyone else cant. Yeah, I've only seen that one 100 times.

A tub full of water, and when the main chacter looks in it something pops out. That was also in The Grudge, The Ring, and many other horror films. (Then again the Grudge was just another 'The Ring' wannabe)

Messages carved/written into the wall. OLD!!! CLICHE!!!

Just about everything else in the trailer. Cliche.

I mean is it possible for some FRESH horror movies?! People need to stop dishing out the same crap over and over. I want some fresh horror. Something that is creepy, not something that just has random images flash at the screen every 10 mins. OMG suspensful music! *a large breasted woman opens the door slowly...and OMG SOMETHING JUST RAN ACROSS THE SCREEN AND FLASH AT THE SCREEN JESUS CHRIST AHHHH AHHH!!!*...boring.

/end rant.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-08, 11:39 AM #2
Make a horror film then. Impress us all with your genius.
twitter | flickr | last.fm | facebook |
2005-01-08, 11:43 AM #3
Quote:
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast

And with that, TimeWolf was sent to the corner for a "timeout".

Grow up.

I think I agree SAJN, but first, what did you think of "Saw"?
2005-01-08, 11:48 AM #4
/jumps out at TimeWolfOfThePast and hands him a poorly drawn picture of a stick figure with a large black circle on it,

*in a calm voice* Your...going...to..die.... *head spins around*

*walks down the hall where things like 'Your next' and 'Help me' are carved in really big jagged letters on the wall*

*walks into his room and clicks on the TV where it's all static...suddenly a scary picture appears on the TV and screams*

Oh right...Here is my script for a new horror movie

The Best Horror Move Ever

Something original happens, that doesn’t have to do with creepy children, carved words on walls, static on TV's, or anything else of the kind as something original and unique walks down an awesome hallway

some original and not cliche character: Something witty and unique

someone in the unique and uncliche alley is watching

Mr.Notcliche: i saw dear boy something original and not cliche something else that doesn’t suck

*some spooky clever and original thing scares the audience in a totally uncliche way*

*repeat the above things in unique and original ways until the film ends a few hours later*

The Opposite of Start
2005-01-08, 11:50 AM #5
Quote:
what did you think of "Saw"?

I have yet to see it. I really want to. But the word from everyone I've talked to was that it has a twist ending and it's pretty good.
2005-01-08, 11:51 AM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by TimeWolfOfThePast

Agreed. Really SAJN, I'm getting tired of you berating almost every movie in some form or another (there are those that you admit you like or that are awesome, but more than half you criticize so very much). Really, bad movies come out...it's nothing new.

However, it does look cliche, but then again, who's to say it won't kick major ***? You just never know until you see it.

Saw was however very good. Still gives me the creeps. Poor Sir Wesley :(
D E A T H
2005-01-08, 11:52 AM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
/jumps out at TimeWolfOfThePast and hands him a poorly drawn picture of a stick figure with a large black circle on it,

*in a calm voice* Your...going...to..die.... *head spins around*

Where's the projectile vomit?
2005-01-08, 11:57 AM #8
Quote:
Agreed. Really SAJN, I'm getting tired of you berating almost every movie in some form or another (there are those that you admit you like or that are awesome, but more than half you criticize so very much). Really, bad movies come out...it's nothing new.

I like more movies then I hate, but I usually talk about the bad ones because they are better for discussion. With a bad movie you can pick it apart and have a jolly good discssion with it. With a good and original movie the most you can say is 'OMG THAT MOVIE RAWKED!' And then there are the OKAY movies that are really great for discussion, because people always go back and forth on reasons as to why something was brilliant or why something was stupid.
2005-01-08, 11:57 AM #9
Yeah I hate the horror movie's nowadays...The Ring was good but everyone just clones it now, using creepy things and cliche elements like you mentioned. The grudge sucked... They all seem to have some kind of creepy child.
2005-01-08, 11:58 AM #10
Technically, wasn't The Ring a clone of Ringu? :p
2005-01-08, 12:00 PM #11
A remake. But since the Ringu wasn't that popular in America it's acceptable. ;)
2005-01-08, 12:01 PM #12
Touche.
2005-01-08, 3:32 PM #13
Personally I thought SAW sucked.

Yeah I'll give that it had a good plot twist, but the acting killed the movie.

As much as I love Cary Elwes in Princess Bride and Men in Tights, he wasnt meant for horror movies. The guys I went to see it with, were cracking on the movie the whole time and they had me laughing so hard I was almost in tears it was great lol. They even booed at the end and the fellow people in the audience laughed...apparently not liking themovie either lol.

His acting job just killed the movie for me, it made it more funny then scary. Meh o well, Lee had warned me before we went to see it that it sucked, I believed him once we left lol

Laura
2005-01-08, 6:44 PM #14
Quote:
The Best Horror Move Ever

Something original happens, that doesn’t have to do with creepy children, carved words on walls, static on TV's, or anything else of the kind as something original and unique walks down an awesome hallway

some original and not cliche character: Something witty and unique

someone in the unique and uncliche alley is watching

Mr.Notcliche: i saw dear boy something original and not cliche something else that doesn’t suck

*some spooky clever and original thing scares the audience in a totally uncliche way*

*repeat the above things in unique and original ways until the film ends a few hours later*

The Opposite of Start

That blows. Where is the sexy, young woman?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-08, 6:49 PM #15
Too cliche ;)
2005-01-08, 10:13 PM #16
STFU SAJN_Master, you liked Equilibrium.
"When it's time for this planet to die, you'll understand that you know absolutely nothing." — Bugenhagen
2005-01-08, 10:20 PM #17
Yea, it rocked.
2005-01-08, 10:34 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Echoman
That blows. Where is the sexy, young woman?

I cut her up in pieces and now she's in my freezer.

How's that for a fresh horror movie idea? :p

↑ Up to the top!