Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Painkiller for JK?
Painkiller for JK?
2005-01-08, 2:51 PM #1
Has anyone ever tried to make such a level? I was playing HaVen earlier when suddenly a door closed on my face and a ghost with a cage on his head shredded me to bits...after cleaning my pants out I was thinking about how HaVen reminded me of Asylum in Painkiller...then I was thinking how cool it would be to have a bunch of those caged demons running at you at once as you blast them to bits with your conc rifle.

Anywho, with the thing limit gone in JK now, is it possible to make a level with crap-loads of guys charging you at once, and just spawning at certain points? If so....I need to learn to edit JK >.<
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-08, 3:19 PM #2
you would need to implement a variation of the painkiller weapon for it to be worthwhile. There's nothing like wading into a crowd of enemies with your handheld weed-whacker/blender . :cool:

making a mesh and keys for it wouldn't be too dificult.
2005-01-08, 3:53 PM #3
Not a Painkiller TC, but just a painkiller/serious sam type level. Pointless killing of the hundreds.
2005-01-08, 4:01 PM #4
I second the wheed-whacker statement. :p
"Staring into the wall does NOT count as benchmarking."

-Emon
2005-01-08, 4:09 PM #5
or a painkeep dm mod...

...mmmmmm.... painkeep...

:D
2005-01-08, 4:11 PM #6
I think it would run very very slowly.
2005-01-08, 4:17 PM #7
With JK enemies? Hah.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-08, 4:37 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
you would need to implement a variation of the painkiller weapon for it to be worthwhile. There's nothing like wading into a crowd of enemies with your handheld weed-whacker/blender . :cool:

making a mesh and keys for it wouldn't be too dificult.

Dude... this is JK we're talking about... We've got ****ing lightsabers!
>>untie shoes
2005-01-08, 6:53 PM #9
The thing is, lightsabers cauterise. Sharp pieces of metal don't.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-01-08, 7:06 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
Not a Painkiller TC, but just a painkiller/serious sam type level. Pointless killing of the hundreds.

I have more fun doing that in Postal than in any other game.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-08, 9:07 PM #11
Gawdarnit, I uninstalled JK earlier to make room. I need it now to play HaVen. :(
DO NOT WANT.
2005-01-09, 11:18 AM #12
Dude, you guys are wasting your time with this level. That sort of level would only be cool for about one minute then people would get tired of the repetitive gameplay. Does creativity mean anything to you?
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-01-09, 1:50 PM #13
No.
>>untie shoes
2005-01-09, 2:07 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by Double Helix
Dude, you guys are wasting your time with this level. That sort of level would only be cool for about one minute then people would get tired of the repetitive gameplay. Does creativity mean anything to you?

We ran out of that stuff a couple years ago.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-10, 4:04 PM #15
Get some more. When you run out of food, do you just sit there? No! You go buy some more! Come on! All you would be doing by posting a level like this is wasting valuable massassi server space and the time everyone spends playing it. You can think of something. Watch star wars again and find someone in it who is briefly described or tells what they have done (someone subtle, otherwise it woudn't be creative). Find a character. There are plenty of things in that movie that people woudn't think of.
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-01-10, 4:37 PM #16
Nothing like Painkiller has been done for JK yet. So ha. And if I run out of food I go and buy more of the same food...because it's yummy.
2005-01-10, 6:17 PM #17
EXACTLY!!! Thank you for proving my point. You run out of creativity, you go get more.
2005-01-11, 7:27 AM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
Nothing like Painkiller has been done for JK yet.

Exactly! This is a creative idea. And a fun one!
Nike!
You can't judge a book by it's file size
2005-01-11, 7:30 AM #19
I'd rather have a chainsaw...
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-11, 7:32 AM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Double Helix
EXACTLY!!! Thank you for proving my point. You run out of creativity, you go get more.

Well please by all means lead us into enlightment and give us some of that creativity. What idea do you have for a new JK modification?
2005-01-11, 12:59 PM #21
I've been toying with the idea of a Night of the Living Dead style level. There are hoards and hoards of zombies coming at you, and you have to setup and defend a position for some count of time.

You have a blaster rifle (reload, machine gun style accuracy) and a very limited number of ammo clips. Maybe a blaster pistol sidearm. A few thermal dets. You've also gots traps though, force field generators, trip mines, etc. You don't have anywhere near enough ammo to just kill them all so you have to hold them at bay with the traps and hope you can plug and holes with your limited ammo.
-El Scorcho

"Its dodgeball time!" -Stormy Waters

↑ Up to the top!