Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → JK..I never knew.
JK..I never knew.
2005-01-08, 9:19 PM #1
Playing game with Jedi Kirby and other people..someone else joins...JK freezes...JK unfreezes...LIKE THIS! WTFOMG?!
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-08, 9:20 PM #2
Hack?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-08, 9:21 PM #3
Might I add how I completelly and honestly OWNED SAJN. He borrowed me a couple times, but SAJN was wholly owned. So was Slaw, and SithGhost! It seems DOD has made a better JKer out of me...

Wow, deathwalk looks like Canyon Oasis when farged...

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-08, 9:21 PM #4
OMG KEWL WERE U GET THOS TEXTARES???!!!!111
Stuff
2005-01-08, 9:22 PM #5
Not sure. It only happened to me. Plus Jedi Kirby only invited people he knew. Plus it wasn't like 16 bit textures gone wrong it was like...just...BROKEN...JediKnight eventualy snapped out of it though.

MORE HORROR!!!
2005-01-08, 9:24 PM #6
Quote:
Might I add how I completelly and honestly OWNED SAJN. He borrowed me a couple times, but SAJN was wholly owned. So was Slaw, and SithGhost! It seems DOD has made a better JKer out of me...

yeah right. You kept saying how good I was :p I joined when you had 20 kills. My score was 70 total and yours was about 96 total. so 96 - 20 = 76! So you just won by the skin on your...body...yeah. You had 132 kills..but you kep shooting yourself in the face...bugger. Okay I got like 40% PWND. Shut your mouth. :(
2005-01-08, 9:27 PM #7
That was an interesting game, and yes, I (SithGhost) wasn't too good. However, there was a person who had a -7. SAJN, would that be you?
2005-01-08, 9:32 PM #8
I gave up a quarter of the way through. I haven't played JK in months, so I was rusty as hell. Not to mention the fact that things happened so damned fast... I'm not used to JK's pace anymore.

So I resorted to being stupid and trying to get a high suicide rate. Then I left, and returned as Slartibartfast the droid. Which I found incredibly amusing. I have no idea why. Shortly thereafter, JK went and screwed itself over and killed the sound entirely. So I was playing without sound for about 15 minutes, then I decided to fix it. Where upon I found I couldn't. Reinstalling didn't fix anything.

Bah. Screw it. I never play JK anymore. I keep it installed because I can.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-08, 9:35 PM #9
hmm... might have been when I tried to join.

I was invited, but took a minute or two to finish a post on another thread, and when I went to join, the game was full - 4/4. so I periodically checked for an opening in the game.

I tried to join a little later when there were only 3 people, but apparently someone beat me into the game and I got a join error and was kicked back to the main menu as the level loading bar finished loading. This might have been what caused your interesting predicament.

(kirby, I later found out, didn't mean to leave it on max players = 4. Meh, there's always next time though)
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-01-08, 9:48 PM #10
It was probably me. I was in and out quite a few times while I tried to fix problems.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-08, 10:02 PM #11
one of my common problems is that whenever someone joins after me, they are not synced onto my computer, nor (apparently) am I onto theirs -- They do not exist in my game, and I'm not in theirs, even though we're both on the scoreboard. Other players can see them after they join, and the joiners can see them. I once watched jedikirby run in circles shooting at a "ghost" and suddenly die from "nothing" :D

rejoining fixes, but is kind of annoying :\
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-01-08, 10:04 PM #12
same here.
2005-01-08, 10:10 PM #13
I've gotten that error a few times in the past, as well. I found out that when I jumped into water it reverted back to normal though. Weird.
Quote Originally Posted by Chaz Ghostle
some gay men prefer to have partners with smaller, softer bodies[. . .]It really all comes down to what you like.

↑ Up to the top!