Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → I am now the proud owner of....
I am now the proud owner of....
2005-01-10, 7:19 PM #41
People with older PC's can get used to low FPS's like 10 and 15, and not realize that they're so low. That's probably what's happening. You should have built your own. If you had asked we could have picked out your hardware and given you some really nice guides and saved you lots of money. :(
2005-01-10, 8:14 PM #42
Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
People with older PC's can get used to low FPS's like 10 and 15, and not realize that they're so low. That's probably what's happening. You should have built your own. If you had asked we could have picked out your hardware and given you some really nice guides and saved you lots of money. :(
Who exactly are you addressing?
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-01-10, 8:46 PM #43
Uhh, the video card thing. And lamenting that he didn't build his own PC. Ahh well, he's fine. Get himself a new video card and he's good.
2005-01-10, 8:49 PM #44
I think I can still tell the difference between 10-15 fps and more than that...especially in large gunfights. When I'm usually the top 3 of the server, compared to before where I barely ever reached that status unless there were less than 10 players on a map...Plus now Im playing on 50 man servers
2005-01-10, 9:02 PM #45
Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet

No, they can't. They can get used to 30-40, but 10-15 is noticeable to any but the blind.
D E A T H
2005-01-10, 9:41 PM #46
Actually it depends on the genre. 10-15 is quite reasonable for a MMORPG, whereas it's nowhere near acceptable for a FPS.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-10, 10:55 PM #47
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Actually it depends on the genre. 10-15 is quite reasonable for a MMORPG, whereas it's nowhere near acceptable for a FPS.

I still dunno about even an MMO. I played the beta for Lineage 2...eh...it got bad.
D E A T H

↑ Up to the top!