Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → History Expertise
History Expertise
2005-01-09, 12:36 PM #1
What area of time do you consider yourself an expert in?
For me it has got to be the medieval era.

I simply bought medieval: total war to see how I measured up to history and how it went.

Little did I know I would become addicted.
But that's another story for another time.

I could probably tell you every exact detail of the battle of Agincourt.

So yeah, era of history expertise?
2005-01-09, 12:43 PM #2
I know a little about everything...not really anywhere close to an expert in any one area :p
D E A T H
2005-01-09, 12:43 PM #3
Definately the Renaissance. I was fascinated by the corrupt Borgia's and the brilliant minds of artists such Leonardo Da Vinci and Michaelangelo. It was pretty hilarious to see just how corrupt some of the popes were of that time and how they took advantage of the people (I mean no offence to Catholics, but if you look back in history, you'll see what I mean).

I'm also interested in WWI, but don't know quite as much about it. I would love to see a WWI RTS game out with trench warfare and battles like Gallipoli (sp?).
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-01-09, 12:48 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Daft_Vader
Definately the Renaissance. I was fascinated by the corrupt Borgia's and the brilliant minds of artists such Leonardo Da Vinci and Michaelangelo. It was pretty hilarious to see just how corrupt some of the popes were of that time and how they took advantage of the people (I mean no offence to Catholics, but if you look back in history, you'll see what I mean).

I'm also interested in WWI, but don't know quite as much about it. I would love to see a WWI RTS game out with trench warfare and battles like Gallipoli (sp?).

Silent Storm is a good WW2 RTS game.

I wanna see a WW1 game like Call of Duty.
D E A T H
2005-01-09, 12:48 PM #5
TEH FUTURE
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-09, 1:04 PM #6
2457 AD... :D

I'll show you the future, guys. Usually the council don't let me but they don't track my movements online so here goes...
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-01-09, 1:11 PM #7
I guess I could say 20th Century. It was one of the more fascinating aspects of history. Russian history was particularly fascinating too.
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.
2005-01-09, 1:25 PM #8
The only history lessons I had at school in dept were the first WW till the end of the cold war and the Roman era, so I guess those should be it. Oh well and Dutch history, but that was ages ago, so I hardly remember.
APT 1, 2, 3/4, 5/6
TDT
DMDMD

http://veddertheshredder.com
2005-01-09, 1:30 PM #9
World War 2
All your bacon are belong to me

< robT> Name ONE thing that your windows comp can do that my MAC cant
< bawss> Right click.

http://www.bash.org/?462310
2005-01-09, 1:31 PM #10
I'm pretty much an expert on 21st century history.
Stuff
2005-01-09, 1:37 PM #11
Ancient Rome. I love Homer.
Ma tana ka aha...
2005-01-09, 3:11 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow89
World War 2

Same here. I've really gotten into to it in the last year or so.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-09, 3:22 PM #13
The Cilil War. I own wayyyy to many movies/maps/books/bullets/other crap from the civil war.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-09, 5:25 PM #14
21st century. In that, sometimes, I can remember what happened 5 minutes ago.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-09, 5:26 PM #15
World War II / Middle Ages
2005-01-10, 2:25 AM #16
Probably the Cold War, because it was in the GCSE History course.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-01-10, 2:35 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Temuera
Ancient Rome. I love Homer.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiight dude.......I hope that was a joke. Seriously.
The top ten times in history when using the "F" word
was appropriate.....
10) "What the *&%# was that?" -Mayor of Hiroshima - August 1945
9) "Where did all these *&%#ing Indians come from?" - Custer 1877
8) "Any *&%#ing idiot could understand that." - Einstein 1938
7) "It does SO *&%#ing look like her!" - Picasso 1926
6) "How the *&%# did you work that out?" - Pythagoras 126 BC
5) "You want WHAT on the *&%#ing ceiling?" - Michelangelo 1566
4) "I don't suppose it's gonna *&%#ing rain." - Joan of Arc 1434
3) "Scattered *&%#ing showers...my a$$!" - Noah 2114 BC
2) "I need this parade like I need a *&%#ing hole in my head!" -
JFK 1963
1) "Aw c'mon, who the *&%# is going to find out?" - Bill Clinton 1997
2005-01-10, 4:27 AM #18
Primarily pre-Reformation history.

Like Pax Mongolica, or the Crusades or the sacking of Rome, back with the Sumerians and all.
[Mongols and Magyars and Vikings, oh my!]

After about 1600 everything seems to dissolve into about a hundred years of wigs, getting syphilis, and affairs. And who wore what wig when they got syphilis during an affair.

Though the Royal Academy of Natural Philosophers and such comes around then, and i get a bit hot and bothered over them.
Also, I can kill you with my brain.
2005-01-10, 4:29 AM #19
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-10, 4:35 AM #20
I'd probably say American history, but history was not my best social studies course. I was very good a Geography though:D
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-01-10, 5:06 AM #21
Probably I have the most knowledge about WW2 and the Civil War era's myself.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
I wanna see a WW1 game like Call of Duty.

It wouldnt be anywhere near as good without it being extremely unrealistic. No one wants to play a game where every single level takes place in the exact same spot, and by the end of the game you've either gained or lost a couple hundred feet of territory.
2005-01-10, 8:38 AM #22
All of it. I am omniscient.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-10, 12:19 PM #23
I think I probably know most about World War II. That and ancient history, particularly mesopotamian and egyptian.
2005-01-10, 12:38 PM #24
I don't know as much as I would like to about them, but my primary areas of interest are the Viking era and bronze-age civilizations, like ancient Sumeria and Egypt. Basically anything in the dim forgotten reaches of ancient history, from whence few records survive.
So sayest the Writer of Silly Things!

↑ Up to the top!