Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Who's a better person?
Who's a better person?
2005-01-09, 8:10 PM #1
A person who doesn't really care about the issues and troubles in the world today, or a person who often moans about all the "problems" in the world but does nothing to help such matters?

It's an odd question, but I believe they are at the same level when it comes to morals. But, I would choose, if companions were limited to those 2, the first person to be around with. He may be ignorant and somewhat unappreciative of what he has, but atleast I won't have to hear depressing, repetitive talk from a lazy guy who he thinks what he is saying is enlightening and smart...
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-09, 8:11 PM #2
Me.
2005-01-09, 8:21 PM #3
Obviously the answer is Jesus. :) ;)

Taking a wild guess on this, I'd say the person who moans and groans about the problems. At least they're showing a concern for such a problem. They won't necesarily be capable of doing anything about it though either.

Though if they clearly could do something about it ** and they don't, then I'd say they're about on par with the guys who don't care less.

** - that's of course within reason, not like donating your last 5 dollars to live on, even though that would be an incredibly noble act; I mean more like donating money to the cause out of your surplus income, so you can still support yourself (and family)
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-01-09, 8:45 PM #4
#1 by far. #2 is a hypocrite.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-09, 9:08 PM #5
Fo shizzle, Nightwind. [caucasian translation: I agree with you wholeheartedly my african american brother (no harm intended)] But at least #2 is complaining and speaking his mind. Isn't that what democracy is all about?
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-01-09, 9:11 PM #6
It's people like #2 that screwed over the reputation of much of the working class in france for a century .. if you give stupid people democracy, they're going to screw it up .. free democracy only works when people are intelligent and properly educated on issues.
一个大西瓜
2005-01-09, 9:12 PM #7
DH, I am not African American for one (I didn't get my skin altered in the two days since I saw you last), and democracy is about taking action on your beliefs, not just complaining.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-09, 9:19 PM #8
That's true, but isn't voting in a manner of speaking complaining or speaking your mind? You're not doing much...
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-01-09, 9:19 PM #9
Quote:
Originally posted by Pommy
It's people like #2 that screwed over the reputation of much of the working class in france for a century .. if you give stupid people democracy, they're going to screw it up .. free democracy only works when people are intelligent and properly educated on issues.
That's why I hate the press.
2005-01-09, 10:04 PM #10
Person two is a ton better, because they are aware of the problems. To argue and differently is stupid, because person number one isn't even informed of the problem.

If you aren't informed of a problem, what chance do you have of fixing it?

I think we need to review the steps of problem-solving:

1. Understand the problem
2. Analyze the problem
3. Find a solution

Person #2 has completed step number one, and some of them do a good job of analyzing the problem. Even if they do not work toward a solution, they are at least working to spread awareness through their *****ing.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-10, 1:15 AM #11
Neither one of them is better, in my opinion. People who ***** about something and do nothing annoy me and people who don't care annoy me. If they want to be better, they ought to do something about it to make it better.

Personally though, people who ***** and do nothing annoy me more because I can actually hear them and they bring attention to themselves.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-10, 4:25 AM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer
Person two is a ton better, because they are aware of the problems. To argue and differently is stupid, because person number one isn't even informed of the problem.

2. Analyze the problem
3. Find a solution

Person #2 has completed step number one, and some of them do a good job of analyzing the problem. Even if they do not work toward a solution, they are at least working to spread awareness through their *****ing.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-10, 4:29 AM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
Neither one of them is better, in my opinion. People who ***** about something and do nothing annoy me and people who don't care annoy me. If they want to be better, they ought to do something about it to make it better.

Personally though, people who ***** and do nothing annoy me more because I can actually hear them and they bring attention to themselves.

So Avenger, do I annoy you?;)

Anyway, I think either option kinda sucks, actually. I dunno why, it just does.
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-01-10, 6:32 AM #14
I'd say #2 is better, but then, #2 is me. I ***** and moan constantly and get very depressed about the state of the world, but so far, of my 20 years on the planet, I've done very little to help. I do plan to change that though.
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-10, 6:42 AM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by maevie
I'd say #2 is better, but then, #2 is me. I ***** and moan constantly and get very depressed about the state of the world, but so far, of my 20 years on the planet, I've done very little to help. I do plan to change that though.

Have you already gathered your fierce, loyal Connacht warriors into a mighty army that will change things forever? Where can I enlist? :p
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-10, 7:21 AM #16
ha! took me a second there to work out what the hell you were talking about...but hey, it's an idea!
<spe> maevie - proving dykes can't fly

<Dor> You're levelling up and gaining more polys!
2005-01-10, 8:33 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
Me.
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-01-10, 9:32 AM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Freelancer

2. Analyze the problem
3. Find a solution

One sided awareness most likely.

And I don't appreciate you calling people's opinions "stupid."
2005-01-10, 11:22 AM #19
Quote:
Me.
No, ME!
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-10, 11:27 AM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Double Helix
That's true, but isn't voting in a manner of speaking complaining or speaking your mind? You're not doing much...

Well, indeed, it isn't "doing much" but atleast it is doing something. A vote is a vote, and a vote does make an impact on the politics (but a very small one). That's why there were so many "go vote" and "rock the vote" campaigns to pressure people, who has a politcal stance, to atleast try and go to the voting booth.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-10, 11:58 AM #21
I'm the better person.

Why? Because I rock.
2005-01-10, 12:05 PM #22
Quote:
Me.

And Me!
"NAILFACE" - spe
2005-01-10, 1:35 PM #23
Some one who doesn't care.
2005-01-10, 1:37 PM #24
Or you could do option #3.

Know the problem.
Analyze the problem.
Realize that you are not in any kind of a position to do anything about it and don't make life miserable by dwelling on it.
New! Fun removed by Vinny :[
2005-01-10, 2:10 PM #25
Morf.. well, it is kind of odd that anyone would feel that way. Why? Because person #1 is just a subset of person #2.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-10, 3:56 PM #26
Okay, this sums up everyones thoughts. The person who doesn't care about anything going on around him would be more fun to be around. (here comes the controvercial part) The other person is better for society, but less fun to be around.
2005-01-10, 4:04 PM #27
Someone who cares but is lazy is better than someone who just doesn't care
2005-01-12, 8:14 PM #28
Unfortunately, it's not a given that person #2 knows or understands what he or she is talking about ..
一个大西瓜

↑ Up to the top!