Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → RepCheck - Cyberpower
RepCheck - Cyberpower
2005-01-10, 7:34 AM #1
So I'm finally going to get a new computer. Once every few decades it just has to happen! I'm not incredibly good with putting the things together, so I was going to order from one of those custom sites. First I tried Alienware, since I'd heard good things, but I haven't won the lottery...

Has anyone ever bought from these people before? I think I sw them mentioned here once, but only to point out how bizarre the case selection is. I've picked out what I think is a nice set up for $989 but I want to be sure of who I'm buying from first.

Any help is appreciated.

Also, this is my build, if you want to critique it:

Intel P4 3.0GHZ 1 MB w/Hyper Threading
ABIT IS7-V2 848P, IntelĀ® i848 Mainboard PRESCOTT SUPPORT w/ LAN & 5.1 SOUND W/SATA
1GB (512MBx2) PC3200 DDR400 Memory (Corsair_XMS)
80GB 7200 RPM ATA 100 HARD DRIVE
ATI RADEON 9550 256MB DDR AGP 8X W/ TV-OUT & DVI
Creative Labs SB LIVE 24.bit 7.1

Thanks for your time.
2005-01-10, 7:46 AM #2
- I'd recommend an Athlon 64 over any Intel chip.
- Someone else will comment on that vid card.
- Pay the extra few bucks and get an Audigy sound card. They're really cheap these days.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-10, 7:51 AM #3
Personally I love P4 chips.
2005-01-10, 3:17 PM #4
P4 chips are useless if you're getting it for gaming. They're seriously LAUGHABLE at gaming performance priceably compared to AMD(64) chips.

I will personally work with you, and build a computer for your specifications. I will tutor you on putting it together (really easy, great learning experience, and if you break anything within 7 days after it arrives, you can RMA it back if you order from newegg.com, no questions asked, for the same exact component). Trust me, I'm sick of people wasting their money on machines that are prebuilt for the sake of a brand name.

Contact info: I PREFER you use AIM or MSN, because real time support is always TONS easier, but here it all is.

AIM: Dj Yoshmo
MSN: yoshmaista@hotmail.com
email: djyoshi (gmail account)
D E A T H
2005-01-10, 3:59 PM #5
If you're going to waste money on a P4, why not get some decent RDRAM to go with it? 2 years ago, when I built mine, I would have said to go with a P4, but things have changed. I'd take Yoshi up on his offer. Building your own system is much easier than it sounds.
2005-01-10, 4:04 PM #6
Quote:
Originally posted by MentatMM
If you're going to waste money on a P4, why not get some decent RDRAM to go with it?

Thats a baad idea.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-10, 10:47 PM #7
Ah well, I'm impatient. Ordered that setup a couple hours before Yoshi posted and I'm just reading your replies now. Thanks for the offer anyway, I'll work on the patience.

↑ Up to the top!