Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → MGS2?
MGS2?
2003-12-15, 6:14 PM #1
What's the deal on metal gear solid 2? I played the first one and died a lot, but every time I died I sat back in my chair and said to my self, "Crap, this is the most awesome game ever." I must have literally said that a hundred or so times. Is the second one the same way/better? I think I want it for Christmas...

------------------
"answer to life the universe and everything = 42" - Google calculator
2003-12-15, 6:19 PM #2
I never played the first, but I loved the second, just there's too many cutscenes

------------------
~amor sui~
<< schming stout >>
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2003-12-15, 6:20 PM #3
the second one isn't quite as good as the first but it's still ok...

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2003-12-15, 6:38 PM #4
It's worth getting, especially now that its a greatest hit and only $20

------------------
I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.
Pissed Off?
2003-12-15, 6:42 PM #5
I would recommend the second one very much. It's fun, at the very least. While the story leaves one saying "WTF?" repeatedly, there are some very funny and somewhat unnerving twists toward the end.

If possible, try to get MGS2: Substance. It has some extra stuff in it. I never bought it, though, because I own the normal version, and couldn't justify spending the extra cash, but since it's your first copy...
2003-12-15, 7:53 PM #6
MGS is probably one of the greatest games I've ever played. I'm really glad they're remaking it for Gamecube.

------------------
My Daily Ramblings
"This world is made of love and peace!"
"Let's live today, let's live tomorrow, and let's live the day after that, even if it means living in eternal pain."
- Vash the Stampede
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2003-12-16, 12:27 AM #7
Alright.. Bring some popcorn with you if youre going to play it

Theres like.. maybe 5-6 hours of ACTUAL GAMEPLAY.. but the game takes you like.. 15 hours to beat cause of the cutscenes

------------------
Happy "Diseased" dud: You said I'd be like this guy. Boycotting everything..
Happy "Diseased" dud: ted kazcnisky. That's who it was.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wait, That's the unibomer.
Happy "Diseased" dud: Wrong guy.
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-16, 1:18 AM #8
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DrkJedi82:
the second one isn't quite as good as the first but it's still ok...

</font>

Yeah the First one had a great Story
The second one just has cool possibilities
2003-12-16, 1:50 AM #9
Don't get the PC version.

It sucks, and even tells you to "Press L2". *@$ing console-ports.

------------------
Map-Review | Digital Core | The Matrix: Unplugged

Farewell, MaDaVentor. In our hearts, you'll always live on.

[This message has been edited by gothicX (edited December 16, 2003).]
2003-12-16, 3:26 AM #10
Well I got MGS 1 for PC and it also gives PS buttons things , but u can also modify the game to some TC =)

one question : In the trailer of MGS 1 I saw Merel and Snake together in there cell , Snake and Merel shooting enemies in the place where u need to fight shadow mantis
Is it possible to do this urself?
2003-12-16, 5:02 AM #11
MGS2 was nothing short of awesome. If you liked the first one at all, get it. You wont be sorry.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-16, 5:58 AM #12
I dont like the first one because there is no first person view... MGS2 was pretty awsmoe cept for the fact that over half of it is cutscene.

------------------
"Ahhhh!! I'm Burnin'! I'm Burnin!!!" - Cleaner from Max Payne 2
Quote Originally Posted by FastGamerr
"hurr hairy guy said my backhair looks dumb hurr hairy guy smash"
2003-12-16, 7:29 AM #13
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Spork:
MGS2 was nothing short of awesome. If you liked the first one at all, get it. You wont be sorry.

</font>

I was sorry I payed $50 for it.. Its a good buy for like $30-$20

------------------
"If you watch television news, you will know less about the world than if you just drink gin straight out of the bottle."
--Garrison Keillor
2003-12-16, 2:21 PM #14
MGS 2 Sons of Liberty was good in nearly all aspects. My only complaint was the story towards the end and that there is a bit too much cutscenes compare to MGS 1.
2003-12-16, 2:56 PM #15
I've played the demo of the PC version of MGS and I thought it was cool. Thankfully I have a Gravis Gamepad Pro which is a complete rip of the PSOne controller so I had no problem with the controls. Too bad they didn't revamp the graphics just a little because the game really shows it's age on the PC. I think I might consider getting that as a Christmas gift for myself (ain't I selfish? [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]) since I'm sure it is dirt cheap right now.

-- SavageX

------------------
"...and if you don't like that, then you need to be slugged in the face repeatedly, until my hands are soaked in blood. Have a nice day!"
http://www.savagex.net
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2003-12-16, 3:08 PM #16
Best. Game. Ever.

Get it. Love it. Live it.

------------------
June 16 - A night to remember
Ex-Council of 14

Miken
"The problem with America is stupidity. I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off everything and let the problem solve itself?"
2003-12-16, 3:09 PM #17
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by gothicX:
Don't get the PC version.

It sucks, and even tells you to "Press L2". *@$ing console-ports.

</font>

don't forget the Pc version of MGS2 took up an ungodly amount of HD space from what i heard...

------------------
LONG LIVE DREAMCAST!!!
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2003-12-16, 3:21 PM #18
Personally, I liked Splinter Cell over any of the MGS games...
Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side
2003-12-16, 3:46 PM #19
Quote:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fishstickz:
I was sorry I payed $50 for it.. Its a good buy for like $30-$20</font>

Ah. I borrowed it off my friend, then bought it off him for $20 [http://forums.massassi.net/html/biggrin.gif]

And yeah, PC MGS2 took something like 8 gigs of HD space. Console ports and their absolute worst.

------------------
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2003-12-16, 4:17 PM #20
I really liked the graphics and some of the boss fights, but the plot was kinda dull.

Possible Spoiler below...

It had way to many similarities to the orginal plot of MGS, evey while this is intentional, ppl who just pick up MSG2 with sit there going "WTF is Jack talking about?". You really need to play the first one and then read info on some of the other Metal gear series or even play them, it was really a weird plot that just was to me like I was re-playing MGS in parts, some of the boss fights were to similar and the studpid swimming with E.E was a pain as she kept drowing on me.

but since you get to use a sword it's redeemed, even if it is only for one quick battle with Snake and then the final boss.

The plot was sort of extended on which really leaves you open to the third game, wonding what become of RAY and the la-le-lu-le-lo and rovolver.

I also liked the spiffy new way to get the secret items like the wigs and stelth suit. rather then aquiring them after beatig the game you get them from aquiring dog tags from ppl, nothing more fun then running around a ship full of armed guards and holding one up in plain view of another, then the other guard walks up and hits the one your holding up and knowcks him out. also fun to hold them up and they turn around and see nothing there and get confuzed, fin stuff.

anywho, yeah, I'd recomend you get Substance rather then Sons of liberty, has many more features and stuff, you can play as the Ninja and do VR training.

------------------
Inter arma silent leges
The Gas Station
2003-12-16, 4:20 PM #21
RAIDEN WAS SUCH A KAKKING PANSY!! SNAKE IS A HARDASS WHO GETS TO KILL STUFF!!! I WANT MORE SNAKE! LESS RAIDEN!

------------------
--Garrison Keillor

↑ Up to the top!