Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → How pleasant.
How pleasant.
2005-01-10, 10:27 AM #1
Got this from my university:

Quote:
CLERY RELEASE

January 8, 2005

Office (573) [bleep]

Cellular (573) [bloop]

Around 12:24 p.m., Friday, Jan. 7, 2005, the University of Missouri-Columbia Police Department (MUPD) responded to a vehicle fire on the third level of the Maryland Avenue Garage. While the fire was being extinguished a deceased male subject was located in the trunk of the vehicle.

MUPD with the assistance of the Columbia Police Department and Columbia Fire Department began conducting a death investigation of the incident. After the Medical Examiner arrived, it was discovered that the victim had apparently been stabbed with a knife to the chest area.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-10, 10:30 AM #2
Crazy. Was the guy a student there?
2005-01-10, 10:32 AM #3
No identity released yet.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-10, 10:54 AM #4
*humm* i would think about skipping this smester, but that would problly be just me. that is scarry stuff.
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-01-10, 10:58 AM #5
I see absolutely no reason to skip. I mean, if they found twelve people stabbed to death in the trunks of burning cars, then, yes, I might consider it. But one death?
2005-01-10, 11:17 AM #6
Were there an similar incidents or murders in your area. Prehaps the "murder" took place in an place far away and needed a spot to "destroy" evidence. Licence plate number?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-10, 12:07 PM #7
Didn't say it in the e-mail. I'm a safe 100 miles from what happened (until I move back on Saturday).
2005-01-10, 4:04 PM #8
It's sad that something like that doesn't get any kind of reaction from me. Not that I don't think it's horrible. More that it's commonplace here.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-11, 10:07 AM #9
If it were me, I'd be carrying a knife around myself. While statistically you're safe, if somethind did happen, you'd be more likely to scare off an attacker if you whip out a knife as well.

"That's not a knife. This is a knife!"

Stab or be stabbed. Thug-life...west-siiide...or something.
2005-01-11, 11:12 AM #10
....sounds kind of creepy, but like you said, I think it's an isolated incident.

But here at Rex Kwan Do we use the buddy system. You need someone to watch your back AT ALL TIMES!
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-11, 11:16 AM #11
That's why we have the art of self defense.

Either that or a concealed weapon permit.
No sig.
2005-01-11, 9:21 PM #12
And that's why criminals like that have the art of surprise someone from behind or the art of drugging drinks :(
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-11, 9:39 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by Crimson
...art of drugging drinks :(

That's why you either party at the home of a good friend and/or have a friend who's sober watch your drink for you.
2005-01-11, 10:59 PM #14
According to the news around here the guy was a Retired teacher.

Here's a link to the story

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=73033
2005-01-11, 11:16 PM #15
People die on a regular basis in my area. Sometimes it scares me. Dimebag Darrel was shot about five minutes from where I live.
>>untie shoes

↑ Up to the top!