Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → People can be SO silly...
People can be SO silly...
2005-01-10, 12:27 PM #1
Hi!
In the south of Sweden, in a region called Skåne, they lost electricity power. It was because of the storm. Powerlines were nocked over, trees got knocked over, tops of some buldings flew off, and hit some cars on the road. Those who survived went for the nearest phone to call SOS. The lines were busy! Why? Because people at home didn't know what to do when power failed! They called the police asking "Help! Power is gone! What happened! What shall I do without power?!"
GOD! What a bunch of ***************************.
Well, I'm not quite sure what would do if the power failed, but I wouldn't call SOS for it.
Anyway, the power has been out in Skåne for a whole week now.

/Edward
Edward's Cognative Hazards
2005-01-10, 12:29 PM #2
when the power goes out, it doesn't mean the telephone system is knocked out aswell. Some of it is underground.
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-10, 12:34 PM #3
"SOS, my power is gone and I can't login to massassi OR play JK."

true massassians. :)
Sneaky sneaks. I'm actually a werewolf. Woof.
2005-01-10, 12:35 PM #4
Wow., I'd hate to have the power out for to long... my laptop only has limited battery power.
2005-01-10, 12:46 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior
Wow., I'd hate to have the power out for to long... my laptop only has limited battery power.

Put down the computer. Go out with your friends. Now.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-10, 12:49 PM #6
:p
2005-01-10, 1:17 PM #7
An old proverb says that during power failure you watch TV in candlelight...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-10, 3:11 PM #8
Quote:
Originally posted by lassev
An old proverb says that during power failure you watch TV in candlelight...

Do you have a wind-up TV or something?
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-10, 3:18 PM #9
What's wrong with making a call during a power outage? Oftentimes the phone lines are perfectly okay when the power goes out. The power went out when i was at work last summer and I promptly called the power company to report the outage due to a fallen tree.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-10, 3:32 PM #10
That's not such a big deal compared to what happened here in Florida with the hurricanes. Every time, power went out for most of the state and most people were calling about power outages and emergencies etc. It was so bad that even the cell phone companies couldn't handle the overflow from the land lines being too busy. No phone calls of any sort for days at a time. FUN.
Little angel go away
Come again some other day
Devil has my ear today
I'll never hear a word you say
2005-01-10, 4:47 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Mort-Hog
Do you have a wind-up TV or something?

Heh heh... If I tried that with my TV, I bet I would be left winded in no time! :D

Nah. It's just a silly thing we used to say in times long gone...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS

↑ Up to the top!