Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Apocalypse
Apocalypse
2005-01-10, 2:00 PM #1
I think I've been gone all week from Massassi(save an occasional 5 minute quick look) playing World of Wacraft. While playing I would watch the news and I noticed very strange things.

First we had the four hurricanes that hit Florida a few months ago
Then we had that earthquake that caused the tsunami.
Then there was a second earthquake in the Indian Ocean just a few days ago.
Parts of Southern California are being flooded.
The Ohio River is overflowing.
A piece of glaciar the size of Long Island broke off and is expected to move around a little, create more shipping lanes to Russia(I think, correct me if I'm wrong) but in the end melt and raise the sea level, even if only a little bit.

Any other weather and nature anomalies anyone else knows about?
Democracy: rule by the stupid
2005-01-10, 2:06 PM #2
Well if the apocalypse is coming like the bible predicted when earthquakes and what not increase all I know is I'm ****ed.
2005-01-10, 2:21 PM #3
In fairness, most of those things happen all the time. Earthquakes the size of the Tsunami-causing-one happen about 20 times a year, albeit underground or in very isolated areas (the quake a few days earlier for example).

But end-of-world threads are always good fun and interesting so carry on.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-10, 2:36 PM #4
The end is nigh! Bah. Or not. I'm not complaining, except that I'd prefer that the temperature were a good ten degrees colder, so that the constant rain would become snow, and so I could go cross-country skiing, like you're supposed to be able to during December, January and February. Oh well, I'm residing at a comfortable altitude of 20 metres, so I'm safe and sound :)
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-01-10, 3:41 PM #5
Wells its something for the religous fanatics to freak over, thus creating something for us normal people to laugh at. :)
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-10, 4:37 PM #6
Well, like DeTRiTiC said, earthquakes come and go, and they cannot be connected to weather anomalies unless they cause major volcanic activity.

Earlier I would have disagreed with Daeron, but when it's raining bloody (not literally) water just before Christmas, the greenhouse effect starts to bother even me.
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-10, 5:28 PM #7
Don't forget the impending eruption (or something) of Mt. St. Helens, and all the meteorite warnings we've been getting.
Stuff
2005-01-10, 5:30 PM #8
Ah stop worrying if he was gonna kill us he would have done it already.
2005-01-10, 5:35 PM #9
Mt St Helens wouldn't do anything much if it erupted again, half the mountain has gone thanks to the last one. It's the supervolcano under Yellowstone National Park which you should be worried about, they don't form mounds like normal volcanoes, they just explode... with enough power to level the surrounding mountain ranges. Such an eruption would destroy a noticable chunk of the US instantly, the rest of the world would suffer from a nuclear winter of sorts.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-10, 6:18 PM #10
When a seven-headed beasts rises out of the seas, I might grow a tad concerned. Otherwise...meh.
the idiot is the person who follows the idiot and your not following me your insulting me your following the path of a idiot so that makes you the idiot - LC Tusken
2005-01-10, 6:39 PM #11
Death is but the next great adventure...
Why do you guys think about this stuff?
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-01-10, 7:24 PM #12
Quote:
Originally posted by Wolfy
When a seven-headed beasts rises out of the seas, I might grow a tad concerned. Otherwise...meh.

Oh that's already happend, I have him locked up in my basement... I feed him. :D
2005-01-10, 9:05 PM #13
What do you feed that sort of thing? I assume it's too big for crickets, like most reptiles.
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-01-10, 9:07 PM #14
Not that I think the apocalypse is going to happen, but if it were, at this point in my life I can honestly say I dont care anymore. Bring it on.
2005-01-10, 9:13 PM #15
If you do the math, and compar the number of generations they fit together to point at about 2010. There's also the Bible code, which is remarkably accurate (google it) which says

"End of times. 2010"

There was some Bible code believer that discovered a leader would be killed soon. He tried several times to warn him, but was ignored. Three weeks later he was killed.

Dude, if you do a study the Bible code has a ton of very accurate things in it... so.... yeah. I honestly believe the end will be in 2010, or sometime around there.

HOWEVER, I don't believe in a 'rapture' or some such thing like that. I think maybe in 2010 there will be uber hell on earth, and I'll be livin' underground or something.
2005-01-10, 9:28 PM #16
In 2010, Jupiter will turn into a star, and we will be warned to stay away from Europa (which is unfortunate, I was hoping that the JIMO probe was going to drop something off there).
Stuff
2005-01-10, 11:02 PM #17
You know why he didn't want Europa? It's because JAWS was on Europa, and having the same actor on Europa would have been an actor/character flaw/mishap that wouldn't be allowed.

It was in the special edition.

:P

So I'm full of crap.
This signature agrees with the previously posted signatures. To violate previously posted signatures is a violation of the EULA for this signature and you will be subject to unruly behavior.
2005-01-11, 4:21 AM #18
You know ToyBiz released an 8" Apocalypse figure last year.

I don't really think it's that different from past years on what has been happening. Newscasters have just realized that they should actually report this stuff to the public for the past couple years.
"We came, we saw, we conquered, we...woke up!"
2005-01-11, 6:31 AM #19
Yeah that too... these kind of things have been around for longer than all of us and the only diffrence is now with technology we can have streaming media updates of the events, so it seems like they are increasing when in effect it's the coverage of them that are increasing.
2005-01-11, 7:34 AM #20
I spent the new year's eve of 1999 with a Christian friend of mine who believed in the Y2K and that Jesus might also return on 1.1.2000. He had stored a lot of vital supplies, such as food and water.
Looks like we're not going down after all, so nevermind.
2005-01-11, 7:36 AM #21
Did he make his fall out shelter Jesus proof?
2005-01-11, 8:48 AM #22
man...my life is so boring....

oh sorry,
i was gonna say that it would be cool how in the next katrillion years the sun is going to inflate and eat up Mercury and Venus. then the beings on earth die due to heat. wonder if humans will still be around?
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-11, 8:56 AM #23
Hmmm, the thing about Y2k is, perhaps the people have somehow really solved the problem?
I mean it had to happen at least once in the history of mankind that we did something right.
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-01-11, 8:59 AM #24
cant you wait 7y for the real apocolypse? i mean really. THHGTTG movie is coming out in a couple months. dont panic.
My girlfriend paid a lot of money for that tv; I want to watch ALL OF IT. - JM
2005-01-11, 2:53 PM #25
Quote:
Originally posted by happydud
What do you feed that sort of thing? I assume it's too big for crickets, like most reptiles.
From what knowledge I have gathered from eyewitness accounts, seven headed beasts are nearly allways fed raw human flesh...
"You're only supposed to blow the bloody doors off!" Anyone who recognizes this quote is awsome.
2005-01-11, 3:04 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by Double Helix
From what knowledge I have gathered from eyewitness accounts, seven headed beasts are nearly allways fed raw human flesh...

Aye. Good thing is the food is in no short supply. It will literally walk in if you just leave the door open...
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-11, 3:09 PM #27
Part of me wants to take refuge in one of the large underground vaults, but another part of me knows everything.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-01-11, 5:17 PM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by Axis
If you do the math, and compar the number of generations they fit together to point at about 2010. There's also the Bible code, which is remarkably accurate (google it) which says

"End of times. 2010"

There was some Bible code believer that discovered a leader would be killed soon. He tried several times to warn him, but was ignored. Three weeks later he was killed.

Dude, if you do a study the Bible code has a ton of very accurate things in it... so.... yeah. I honestly believe the end will be in 2010, or sometime around there.

HOWEVER, I don't believe in a 'rapture' or some such thing like that. I think maybe in 2010 there will be uber hell on earth, and I'll be livin' underground or something.

But that Bible Code was debunked, wasn't it? I mean if you use the same technique with Molby Dick, you can find the name of assassinated leaders or something?
2005-01-12, 3:23 AM #29
Finland just recently had the its worst storm in ages.

But everyone knows that the world will end when GBK reaches 666 666 posts.
Yeah, you stay here and take life seriously. I'll go and have some fun.
2005-01-12, 4:12 AM #30
It has been very far below average for seasonal temperatures here in Calgary. 3 winter storm warnings inside of two weeks, VERY cold temperatures (-40 with wind chill). While Alaska and Yellowknife were sitting at balmy -4.

Figure that out.
I am a nobody, and nobody is perfect; therefore, I am perfect.

Everyday I beat my own previous record for number of consecutive days I've stayed alive.

My Canada includes Beavers.
2005-01-12, 6:02 AM #31
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth_biggs
man...my life is so boring....

oh sorry,
i was gonna say that it would be cool how in the next katrillion years the sun is going to inflate and eat up Mercury and Venus. then the beings on earth die due to heat. wonder if humans will still be around?

I don't think you should worry about that.

↑ Up to the top!