Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Anyone done something to their xbox?
Anyone done something to their xbox?
2005-01-10, 3:05 PM #1
Paints done. Going to cut a hole under the jewel and add in some LED lights this weekend. Thinking about possible putting "windows" in the shape of something cool in rest of the X.
2005-01-10, 3:05 PM #2
Ooo purty... Shiney... *slowly lumbers towards the shiney box with outstreched hands*
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-10, 3:17 PM #3
whats with the scuffs?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-01-10, 3:25 PM #4
My dog tripped on it.
2005-01-10, 3:51 PM #5
I'd like to do something like that, but it'd be ultimately pointless considering where my Xbox sits. None of it would get seen.

That, and I'm not brave enough to go opening it up just yet. I did that with a controller and completely borked it. It went back together fine, but the tumbsticks somehow got magically broken.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-10, 3:55 PM #6
PIMPTYTE BLING BLING

nice ;)
D E A T H
2005-01-10, 4:15 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
I'd like to do something like that, but it'd be ultimately pointless considering where my Xbox sits. None of it would get seen.

That, and I'm not brave enough to go opening it up just yet. I did that with a controller and completely borked it. It went back together fine, but the tumbsticks somehow got magically broken.

ACtually, you could paint it without opening it..But I wanted to get the jewel off.

But I was thinking though, I know tons of people have done the LED light.. but there's a metal plate in the way! (Heatsink) so I'd have to go without that? Think that would be safe.
2005-01-10, 5:58 PM #8
I once got really drunk and woke up next to my x-box
Time is but a window
Death is but a doorway
He'll be back
2005-01-10, 6:02 PM #9
done something to it?!?1 i almost smashed it once. is that doing something to it????

ha!!! i would like to mod chip mine but if anything went wrong with it for any reason i'd have to go and get a new that same day. it's my kids x-box. heh...
2005-01-10, 6:28 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel King
ACtually, you could paint it without opening it..But I wanted to get the jewel off.

But I was thinking though, I know tons of people have done the LED light.. but there's a metal plate in the way! (Heatsink) so I'd have to go without that? Think that would be safe.

I could indeed. But as I said, it wouldn't be worth it when you factor in where I have my Xbox setup. I have an endtable in my room turned sideways that happens to have the PERFECT sized niche for my Xbox and two controllers. The TV sits above it, and my games below it. There's really only about an inch clearance above the Xbox when it's there, so any paint work I did on it would really never be seen. About the only time you would see it, is when I pull it out and hook it into the computer.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Last Stand
2005-01-10, 6:32 PM #11
I painted mine without removing the jewel. I just masked over it.
>>untie shoes
2005-01-10, 6:34 PM #12
What kind of paint do you use on it? I'd assume some type of Model paint, be it spray or otherwise.
Last Stand
2005-01-10, 6:41 PM #13
I used normal spray paint.
2005-01-10, 6:52 PM #14
I think the real question is: Why?
2005-01-10, 7:00 PM #15
if youre going to go to the trouble, then do something useful like modding it.
2005-01-10, 7:02 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by Pagewizard_YKS
if youre going to go to the trouble, then do something useful like modding it.

But that's illegal so of course it's not modified :)
2005-01-10, 7:04 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Mikus
I think the real question is: Why?

Why not?
Last Stand
2005-01-10, 7:23 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by Squirrel King
But that's illegal so of course it's not modified :)

Illegal! You're not buying software! You're paying for the hardware. MS can't tell you what to do with your X-box once you buy it. Unless of course, your mods involve playing games illegaly.
2005-01-10, 7:31 PM #19
It's modified. I just thought it was against forum rules to talk about stuff like this....
2005-01-10, 7:32 PM #20
Now where's that news article about the guy who shot his xbox and the bullet bounced off...?
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-01-11, 7:44 AM #21
There is no way I'm gonna spend the money to do the following...

1) Buy an Xbox
2) Pimp out said Xbox

I spent the money I could have used on and Xbox on something alittle better but not so diffrent... a laptop.
2005-01-11, 7:53 AM #22
Quote:
Originally posted by Obi_Kwiet
Illegal! You're not buying software! You're paying for the hardware. MS can't tell you what to do with your X-box once you buy it. Unless of course, your mods involve playing games illegaly.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that consoles like Xbox or PS2 have a EULA that says something about modding the hardware, so it actually is illegal, because you agreed to it when purchasing it.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-11, 9:48 AM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by Schming
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that consoles like Xbox or PS2 have a EULA that says something about modding the hardware, so it actually is illegal, because you agreed to it when purchasing it.

an eula on hardware is damn stupid. It's like buying a loaf of bread and then agreeing not to eat it.
2005-01-11, 11:36 AM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior

2) Pimp out said Xbox

It doesn't really cost anything to pimp it out. Visual wise.. I already had the paint for other projects. LED lights cost like 5 cents. A resistor will cost like a buck.
The modchip pays itself off.
2005-01-11, 1:03 PM #25
my x-box got babies....oh wait I don't have an X-Box :(
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-01-11, 1:48 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Slaw
Now where's that news article about the guy who shot his xbox and the bullet bounced off...?
Ask and ye shall recieve
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-01-11, 3:13 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by MechWarrior

1) Buy an Xbox
2) Pimp out said Xbox

I spent the money I could have used on and Xbox on something alittle better but not so diffrent... a laptop.

X-Box--180
Pimpage--50-70
Laptop--800-1200

I fail to see how 800-1200 is derived from 180+70 even.
D E A T H
2005-01-11, 3:32 PM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by Darth Slaw

it wasn't his xbox... however though the bullet didn't get through the case the shock killed it
eat right, exercise, die anyway
2005-01-11, 3:39 PM #29
True, but beside the point -- it's definitely themed for this thread :)

Besides, it's been, like, a year since I saw that thing and the details had left me, just like chemistry...

This time I know how to boolmark stuff :)

Thanks genki!
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-01-11, 7:43 PM #30
Put Gentoo on it.
:master::master::master:

↑ Up to the top!