Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Major KOTOR problem-need help!
Major KOTOR problem-need help!
2005-01-10, 8:51 PM #1
Okay, you know how if you get to a certain part of the game that it saves it for you, right, so you can pick up where you left off? I patched my game with the 1.03 update, and I got all the way up to the Davik's Estate part, and even to the firing the turret at the Sith fighters. Well, when it got to the load-up for Dantooine, my game crashed, and now when I load up my savegame, I'm right back at Davik's estate again! I am so mad, I am about ready to blow a gasket! I have tried time and again to get past the Dantooine load screen, but it keeps crashing and pushing me back to the Davik part. Help! Someone tell me what to do about this crap! The game shouldn't even be doing this if it is a 1.03 update, right? So what's the deal? Any input would be helpful. I am so mad, I am about ready to give up and uninstall the whole game-too bad I'm really starting to get into it!
"At an end your rule is, and not short enough it was."
-Yoda to Darth Sidious in Revenge Of The Sith
2005-01-10, 8:54 PM #2
1. Uninstall.
2. Reinstall.
3. Dont install the patch.
4. ????
5. PROFIT!!!!1
2005-01-10, 8:57 PM #3
Never patch singleplayer games unless they add important new features or you have important bugs that need fixing.
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-10, 9:03 PM #4
sounds to me like your dantooine is corrupt, reinstall
and I do urge you to install the patch since it fixes some key SP elements
2005-01-10, 9:13 PM #5
Okay, Duo, I'll try it again- *sigh* . Well, I guess it'll take me HOURS to play everything up to Davik's Estate again, what with the side quests and everything, because I completed all of the side quests and main quests before this happened. I hate to have to start over from scratch, but if you say that 1.03 fixes problems with SP elements in the game, then I will have to agree with you.
2005-01-10, 9:14 PM #6
Just copy your saved games before you uninstall.
2005-01-11, 7:03 AM #7
I'm not entirely sure if savegames with the latest version work with older versions. At least, I believe that it doesn't work with Neverwinter Nights.
The answer is maybe.
2005-01-11, 7:16 AM #8
You should go back through and play as a scoundrel if you werent already. It makes the game A LOT more fun.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-11, 2:28 PM #9
Everyone,

Thanks for your helpful suggestions. However, it kept crashing, no matter what version I had, so I have permanently uninstalled the game, and I have stuffed it and about a dozen games that won't work anymore (Dark Forces, Tie Fighter, X-Wing, Shadows Of The Empire, etc.) in a plastic grocery bag and threw them in my bottom dresser drawer, where I won't pull them out again until I give them away or sell them. Fortunately, here's the games I have that still DO work, anyways:

1.Jedi Knight
2.Mysteries Of The Sith
3.Jedi Outcast
4.The Phantom Menace
5.Rebellion
6.Battle For Naboo
7.Star Wars Monopoly
8.Star Wars Behind the Magic
9.Ep. I Insider's Guide
10.SW Trilogy CD-Rom

Thanks again for evereyone's input. Administrators, please lock this thread as closed, if you please, as soon as you can. Thanks.
2005-01-11, 2:32 PM #10
You seem to have given up quite easily. You never bothered to tell us your system specs. That could make a difference. Maybe there is a driver you need to update, or maybe you should just contact technical support.
2005-01-11, 2:36 PM #11
Quote:
Originally posted by Flexor
Never patch singleplayer games unless they add important new features or you have important bugs that need fixing.

Assuming he updated the game from Version 1, there are a number of important bug fixes and added features. I'd say you shouldn't ever install a patch for a complex singleplayer game if you're in the middle of it though.
2005-01-11, 2:36 PM #12
Don't worry, I once snapped my Warcraft 3 CD in a fit of rage when it froze on me for the tenth time or so. :D
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-11, 2:46 PM #13
It doesn't work? Send it to me! :p
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-11, 3:05 PM #14
You tried the generic task of latest drivers, no backround programs, etc? They make a surprising amount of difference.
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-01-11, 3:08 PM #15
That happens all the time in Kotor. You just have to save frequently. Just go back to your latest save before that point and keep playing. The game's buggy as heck.

↑ Up to the top!