Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → turn it off or elce threats?
turn it off or elce threats?
2005-01-11, 12:04 AM #1
whats the worse threat you have received from a parent, sibling, spouse, roommate, gf/bf to get of the computer? and how long did you stay on after that?

my mom just told me she was going to pour glue in my comp if i didnt get off

not that amazing but gave me the idea

p.s.
no one wants to hear about the time you had an imaginary gf who said they wouldnt sleep with you anymore that ones old!

=p
The keyboard is mightier than the ion cannon.

Dangerous toys are fun but you could get hurt! ^.^
2005-01-11, 1:23 AM #2
Never had that problem.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-11, 2:03 AM #3
Um.... no. I have nothing.
2005-01-11, 2:16 AM #4
Uh... The meal is getting cold? I guess I quit soon after. Nobody should like cold meals (if they are supposed not to be).

:rolleyes:
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-11, 3:29 AM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by lassev
Uh... The meal is getting cold? I guess I quit soon after. Nobody should like cold meals (if they are supposed not to be).

:rolleyes:

AH! This potato salad is still hot!

Hmm. She said she'd ground me if I didn't get off. But now that we have cable and the comp is in my room, I haven't had that problem.
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-11, 3:42 AM #6
Peel my skin off my bones and flesh rape me.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-11, 4:34 AM #7
Grounding.

2005-01-11, 8:18 AM #8
Probably the 'stare at the screen too long and your vision will get worse', which is probably true..lol

I don't get those anymore..age does have some benefits. :p
woot!
2005-01-11, 8:37 AM #9
my dad took away the ps2 controllers because i played for six hours straight. he still hasnt given it back. i wonder where he kept it....:confused:
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-11, 8:41 AM #10
My parents never bothered will telling me how to spend my free time... I never tell them how to spend their's?

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-11, 8:41 AM #11
My mother once shut down the electricity to my brother's room, because he had annoyed her. Unfortunately my room was connected to the same circuit (sp?).
Sorry for the lousy German
2005-01-11, 8:44 AM #12
You all seem to have pretty childish parents that don't know how to deal with their children...

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-11, 9:04 AM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
You all seem to have pretty childish parents that don't know how to deal with their children...

JediKirby

It's more like someone your age has no idea how hard it is to raise kids. Most young people fail to realize that even when they are being punished, their parents almost always have the best interests of their children in mind.

Your parents just dont want you to spend the best years of your life sitting in front of a glowing screen. Save that for when you're older and have a 9 to 5 job.
2005-01-11, 9:14 AM #14
Heh, along with what Dsettahr said, it still amazes me how many people are shirking work to peruse certain forums. If you go to the right one during the right time, there's always a whole bunch of people like "well I gotta go, boss is nearby", etc.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-11, 9:24 AM #15
That reminds me of the time that I sat on the toilet in the bathroom at work, playing games on my cellphone for 2 hours.
2005-01-11, 9:25 AM #16
Heh, I could never get away with that where I work.. the store would literally burst into flames.. or something. Where is it that you work where they don't even notice you're gone for 2 hours? :eek:
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-11, 9:50 AM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by MentatMM
That reminds me of the time that I sat on the toilet in the bathroom at work, playing games on my cellphone for 2 hours.

Did it get hard and crusty?
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-11, 3:02 PM #18
Quote:
Originally posted by DSettahr
It's more like someone your age has no idea how hard it is to raise kids. Most young people fail to realize that even when they are being punished, their parents almost always have the best interests of their children in mind.

Your parents just dont want you to spend the best years of your life sitting in front of a glowing screen. Save that for when you're older and have a 9 to 5 job.

Although I agree, I think my parents have the wrong impression of who I should be, and who I am. In fact, scratch that, they're forcing me to be who they want me to be.

Of course they're oblivious to the fact that, being forced, it'll only last as long as it has to, and then I'll be the same damned person I've always been.

Damnit.

Janet.
D E A T H
2005-01-11, 3:07 PM #19
I love you?
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-01-11, 4:53 PM #20
<3 rocky horror picture show.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-01-11, 5:01 PM #21
One word: Password.

That'll get me off in a hurry. A few other things would too, but they aren't parent-"get off the comp"-oriented.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-01-11, 5:40 PM #22
I'm on the computer too much, but not for one second would I take being on a computer over adventuring in the woods for example. I also have NO problem not being on the computer for extented periods of time. eg. weeks, months etc.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-11, 6:26 PM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Although I agree, I think my parents have the wrong impression of who I should be, and who I am. In fact, scratch that, they're forcing me to be who they want me to be.

Of course they're oblivious to the fact that, being forced, it'll only last as long as it has to, and then I'll be the same damned person I've always been.

Damnit.

Janet.

At your age, I can also almost garuntee that you have no more of an idea of what you want to do with your life than they do. I've had my mind made up twice in the past, I thought I was 100% sure I knew what I wanted to do with my life... the first time was at the end of High School, the second time was at the end of my third year of college. Both times, I eventually drastically changed my mind.
2005-01-11, 6:38 PM #24
Unfortunately, I've known since I was 5 what I wanted to do.

At first, CS major. Now, Software Engineer, with a minor in business. I at least know what field I'm going into. Trust me DS, I've prepared my entire High School career for this, and I can't really change my track now, even if I wanted to (even though I don't). The only thing that's up in the air is which college?
D E A T H
2005-01-11, 6:39 PM #25
DSettahr speaks much wisdom. I <3 the discerning DSettahr!
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-01-11, 6:42 PM #26
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Unfortunately, I've known since I was 5 what I wanted to do.

At first, CS major. Now, Software Engineer, with a minor in business. I at least know what field I'm going into. Trust me DS, I've prepared my entire High School career for this, and I can't really change my track now, even if I wanted to (even though I don't). The only thing that's up in the air is which college?

yes, but DS has two advantages over you. Age and experiance. No school can teach the things that come with those.
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-01-11, 6:43 PM #27
Worst one I ever had:

If you don't go off anti's I'm gonna dump you cause I'm not going out with any freak.
2005-01-11, 7:49 PM #28
Quote:
Originally posted by alpha1
yes, but DS has two advantages over you. Age and experiance. No school can teach the things that come with those.

He has 6 years on me, I'll give him that, but one situation != equal another. And my dad continually shows his hipocrisy in disproving that. He constantly tells me everything happens the same for everyone. Well not every high school dropout (read: him) makes 120k a year + extra for houses.
D E A T H
2005-01-11, 8:02 PM #29
heh my parents do that but it's less now that i'm almost 21. i don't get groundings...i just get yelled at really loudly to 'turn the music down and get to bed' when i forget i have the subwoofer on....which just goes to me turning off the subwoofer, turning the volume down just a little bit, and ignoring the rest. no pun intended. oh and after i get home from work this annoys the hell outta me i crawl back upstairs to get a drink, and i get

'you should be in bed!!!! it's 2 am in the morning, you have a cold and need your rest!!!'

my response is

'yeah but if i go to sleep now i'll be extremely tired by the end of my shift, and i'll still get the same amount of sleep anyways!'' (i work second shift, so naturally i stay up til 3 am after i get home at 11:30pm so i don't go in to work and feel tired halfway through the shift)

i used to get grounded from playing too much video games, then all i'd do is sit and watch tv anyways.

I remember one time my Super Nintendo controllers got taken away from me....i think it had something to do with getting a D on my report card.
Peace is a lie
There is only passion
Through passion I gain strength
Through strength I gain power
Through power I gain victory
Through victory my chains are broken
The Force shall set me free
2005-01-11, 8:11 PM #30
By saying their parents are immature, I didn't mean that they were punishing them without meaning, I was saying that their methods of punishment are horrible. My parents wouldn't stand for me to not listen. I do as I'm told, not because I have to be threatened with any kind of punishments beyond simply reason. Do this, and this won't happen. Everything I've ever done wrong is going to have a NATURAL bad outcome. My parents only explained these outcomes to me, which made me a far more logical person when it comes to doing 'the right thing.' They never get angry and shut off the computer. They're not children. They only explain how, by staying up late on the computer, I will be tired in school, and won't get good grades. I then realize that, without good grades, I won't get into college, or a good job. The world creates it's own punishments. Parents are only there to help inforce some of those natural punishments, and warn their children of them. Not create their own punishments for their children because of their need to feel in control. My parents are in control because they teach me. That makes me a child. When they've taught me all they can, and I've grown up and out of my house, and am not making the mistakes they've warned me about; I am then an adult. NOT when I turn 18.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-11, 8:15 PM #31
I call that vandal, and horribly disrespectful. Why'd they take your computer privilages away in the first place?
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-11, 8:30 PM #32
My real mother (not the one I live with now) once grounded me from my comp. They had an 'ingenious' key system which had to have the key turned on in order to have the computer run. Let's just say I bypassed that with a knife (stripped the wires conneced to the key on the inside of the comp), and a paperclip. Why? Because they'd not let me on for months at a time. Their reasoning? "Oh you always want on the computer, well I'm tired, give me a break, I don't need to go fetch your key for you all the time...."

Yeah, bull.
D E A T H
2005-01-11, 8:37 PM #33
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Mega_ZZTer
Grounding.
2005-01-11, 9:16 PM #34
Quote:
Originally posted by jEDIkIRBY
I call that vandal, and horribly disrespectful. Why'd they take your computer privilages away in the first place?

I call it a fun story. But yes, it is rather disrespectful.

My only real punishment was groundings, which were never that harsh, and having the mouse disconnected from the computer and hidden somewhere. Not having other PS/2 mice in the house limited the usability of the computer greatly.

The mouse thing happened once. I've been grounded several times (Longest was for a month because I set a neighbor's yard on fire. ... IT WAS AN ACCIDENT.) most were under a week and just limited me to being around the house.

Now, seeing as I built my own computer, with my own money, that sits in my room, I just get yelled at. It's been like that for awhile. I really don't mind. It's better than many of the alternatives.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-11, 9:22 PM #35
Quote:
Originally posted by talljew

no one wants to hear about the time you had an imaginary gf who said they wouldnt sleep with you anymore

WTH?
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-11, 9:26 PM #36
Quote:
Originally posted by talljew
no one wants to hear about the time you had an imaginary gf who said they wouldnt sleep with you anymore that ones old!

That wasn't an imaginary girlfriend. It was your grandmother.
2005-01-11, 9:28 PM #37
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock

NO.
The man in black fled across the desert, and the Gunslinger followed...
2005-01-11, 10:46 PM #38
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
Peel my skin off my bones and flesh rape me.
If your skin is attached directly to your bones, you have more serious problems than you realize.
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-12, 2:06 AM #39
Quote:
Originally posted by DogSRoOL
If your skin is attached directly to your bones, you have more serious problems than you realize.

Heh heh... A quick lesson in anatomy. :)
Frozen in the past by ICARUS
2005-01-12, 4:51 PM #40
Luke,...
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightwind
NO.

That's impossible!
May the mass times acceleration be with you.

↑ Up to the top!