Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → The Blob remake.....AGAIN!
The Blob remake.....AGAIN!
2005-01-11, 1:27 PM #1
That's right, I'm sure many of you have heard by now that Paramount is remaking The Blob. Another remake was made by Tristar in 1988, and it is currently one of my most favorite movies of all time. In fact, I just got the original soundtrack from the '88 film which is uber hard to find. The original was made in 1958 and starred Steve McQueen in his first and last monster movie. The 1988 version (starring Kevin Dillon and Shawnee Smith (HOT!)) had superb visual effects for its time, and they are still better than some movie effects today. If you haven't seen it yet, I HIGHLY recommend that you do. With the new remake, I'm sure that they will make the blob using CGI. Hopefully, it won't look cheesy and totally fake like a lot of low-budget monster movies that have been put out lately. Any other Blob fans out there that have insight, or just want to discuss this awesome movie?
Who made you God to say "I'll take your life from you"?
2005-01-11, 2:39 PM #2
I stumbled on it the other night on the Internet Movie Database. Not sure how or why, I just remember seeing they were remaking it. I'd see it, though I haven't seen anything about the movie, pics, trailers, etc.
I can't think of anything to put here right now.

↑ Up to the top!