Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Whats up with the forum clock?
Whats up with the forum clock?
2005-01-11, 4:45 PM #1
Because I know its nowhere near 1 AM right now. Have the forums gone completely mad?
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-11, 4:45 PM #2
Check the timezone in your profile.
2005-01-11, 4:46 PM #3
You can change that in the user cp...
2005-01-11, 4:50 PM #4
Hmmm...strange that I've never noticed this before. Guess I always just ignored that part of my posts. Guess I'd better shut up before I make myself look like even more of an idiot. :p
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-11, 4:58 PM #5
Keep talking, keep talking!
2005-01-11, 5:01 PM #6
Can't, must go to my college algebra class. Pretty bad someone who's taking advanced college algebra courses can't figure out what the stupid little time zone thing means on the forums. Worry not though, Brian, I shall return to amuse you with more of my antics later on.
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-11, 5:02 PM #7
7:55 according to my computer clock (7:59 to the clock on my shelf).

[edit] Yeah, nothing wrong with the forum clocks here.
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-01-11, 5:04 PM #8
we need a daylight savings time option so those of us in timezones where some places have daylight savings and other places don't.

e.g. the sydney timezone. A large proportion of this timezone has daylight savings but queensland doesn't (which makes organising things between those areas hard if forget about the one hour difference during daylight savings time.)

[ninjaedit]is it done like a normal edit[/ninjaedit]

[edit2]no it is not[/edit2]
Snail racing: (500 posts per line)------@%
2005-01-11, 5:05 PM #9
also, how does everyone do these ninja edits.

(editing without the post mentioning that it has been edited.)
2005-01-11, 5:06 PM #10
Boo daylight savings
Yay Arizona
2005-01-11, 5:06 PM #11
They do them quickly, like a ninja.
Detty. Professional Expert.
Flickr Twitter
2005-01-11, 5:07 PM #12
but how do they do it without the "this message was last edited by" message?
2005-01-11, 5:08 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ
2005-01-11, 5:17 PM #14
the post will count as edited only if it is not edited within like a minute of original posting.

If all posts had "last edited by" after being edited, all the time, most of mine would display it :rolleyes:
May the mass times acceleration be with you.
2005-01-11, 5:21 PM #15
Ninja Style! :cool:
Ma tana ka aha...
2005-01-11, 5:54 PM #16
Quote:
Originally posted by DeTRiTiC-iQ

That's how I do it.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-11, 5:59 PM #17
I learned something today.
2005-01-11, 6:31 PM #18
You know what else I've had problems with? The buddy list. Seriously, whoever invented this thing should be taken out, had their kneecaps busted, and tied behind a large tractor that would then drag them across a field.

I go into this thing for the first time to add someone to my buddy list. The three little fields come up, I put someones name in, click add, and everythings working out great. Nobody tells me, however, that you have to KEEP their names in the little fields, and that new fields would appear as needed. So I go back in another day to add someone else, and don't understand why the first persons name is there. So I delete it and put in the new name. Of course, it deletes the first guy from my list, a fact which I later found out but didn't know the cause for. So I'm playing around with this thing for like, 10 minutes before I finally come to the conclusion as to what the problem is.

I mean, come on, when I click add to list, I didn't think that those little fields WERE the list and I needed to leave names in there. Its all a conspiracy against me I tell you! Its just like that to catch people like me who are completely unobservant to their surroundings. OK, I'm done!
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-11, 10:50 PM #19
*time check*

[Close enough.]
Catloaf, meet mouseloaf.
My music
2005-01-11, 11:19 PM #20
Quote:
Originally posted by Rogue Leader
You know what else I've had problems with? The buddy list. Seriously, whoever invented this thing should be taken out, had their kneecaps busted, and tied behind a large tractor that would then drag them across a field.
I really try hard not to use all these crappy features. The forums are not a buddy list! That's what Jabber and ICQ are for. The forums are not a place for Private Messages, that's what E-mail is for. It's just all silly and it slows things down... oh well.
2005-01-12, 3:37 AM #21
Jabber owns.
2005-01-12, 5:24 AM #22
wasn't that one of the bonuses to upgrading the forums Brian?
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-01-12, 5:28 AM #23
What's the time, Mr. Forum?

[edit: 1:28 PM! Lunch time!]

Is there any way to get this into 24 hour time? I never use 12 hour time for anything. ever.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-12, 10:30 AM #24
Quote:
Originally posted by Genki
wasn't that one of the bonuses to upgrading the forums Brian?
Depends on your point of view, of course.
2005-01-12, 4:41 PM #25
Its really just another plan by Brian to enslave us to his will by confusing our minds to the point where we can no longer form a coherent thought. Thats when he swoops in and steals our souls.

Of course, it only works on people like me who don't like to read directions or investigate things, instead they open their big mouths and make a fool out of themselves in front of everyone...
Life is beautiful.
2005-01-12, 5:46 PM #26
I renew my request for 24 hour time!
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935

↑ Up to the top!