Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Ramen Experiment
Ramen Experiment
2005-01-11, 7:09 PM #1
So I was hungry tonight and I thought to myself, "What the hell do we have to eat here?" I took two packets of Chicken flavored Ramen and put them on the counter. I then looked through the fridge. I took out one clove of garlice, half a white onion, a thing of sliced mushrooms, two eggs, and three leaves from the Romaine lettuce hearts we have. I started the water boiling for the noodles and threw away the flavor packets. I rummaged through our spice rack and pulled out some sesame oil and some soy sauce. I then took out our skillet. I put a generous amount of olive oil in the pan and a few drops of sesame oil. I let the pan heat up the oil. I proceeded to chop the onions, lettuce, and put some sliced mushrooms in there too. I let the onions, lettuce, and mushrooms simmer in the pan while the water came to a boil. When the water was boiling I dropped in the noodles. While the pan was simmering and the noodles were boiling I whipped up the eggs. After the noodles were at the point I wanted (almost done but still a little firm) I drained the water and put the noodles in the pan. I then got a smaller pan and fried the two eggs into a nice omelet. After the noodles and vegetables were done I dropped the omelet on the noodles. Good stuff.

PS: It probably would have been better with some chopped boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Also, if you want to try this I suggest cabbage over lettuce and make sure you stir the noodles a lot once they are in the pan, you might also want to add two or three ounces of water to the noodles and vegetables so they stay a little soft and don't stick to the pan.
MithShrike: First Mateneer
Pimpin' Yerba Mate Drinker
2005-01-11, 7:15 PM #2
Pretty awesome :). Nice improvisational cooking story.
2005-01-11, 7:19 PM #3
Emon showed me the best way to eat Ramen on the fly.

Boil water, add ramen, wait till almost done, add egg, wait 1-2 minutes, season, drain if you want (I like to drain mine of the water), enjoy.
D E A T H
2005-01-11, 7:19 PM #4
Quote:
Originally posted by Mith
After the noodles were at the point I wanted (almost done but still a little firm)...

I believe the terminology for that is al dente [/Italian]

All in all, sounds great! You really made my mouth water. And I usually can't stand Ramen! :p
My JK Level Design | 2005 JK Hub Level Pack (Plexus) | Massassi Levels
2005-01-11, 7:24 PM #5
Quote:
Originally posted by Daft_Vader
I believe the terminology for that is al dente [/Italian]

All in all, sounds great! You really made my mouth water. And I usually can't stand Ramen! :p

I suggest trying the adding egg trick. I used to hate beef ramen. Not anymore. :)
D E A T H
2005-01-11, 7:28 PM #6
cool. but i hate ramen.
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"
2005-01-11, 7:32 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Emon showed me the best way to eat Ramen on the fly.

Boil water, add ramen, wait till almost done, add egg, wait 1-2 minutes, season, drain if you want (I like to drain mine of the water), enjoy.

WIN.
2005-01-11, 7:52 PM #8
You threw out the flavor packets!!??! HOW DARE YOU!!!!

j/k

Anyways, sounds good except for the mushrooms, I don't like them that much.
No sig.
2005-01-11, 7:59 PM #9
I just might try that tommorow. Thanks!

But eggs? You sure? It just sounds odd tossing an omelette in my Ramen.
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-11, 8:02 PM #10
Quote:
Originally posted by SAJN_Master
I just might try that tommorow. Thanks!

But eggs? You sure? It just sounds odd tossing an omelette in my Ramen.

Like I stated in my post, try the egg deal with regular old ramen. It adds so much depth to the flavor, and it tastes...well not out of a 26 cent package.

Seriously, try what I said if you're not willing to try what he said.
D E A T H
2005-01-11, 8:09 PM #11
Do I just hum a fried up egg in the noodles, or should I actually eat the thing :o
Think while it's still legal.
2005-01-11, 8:11 PM #12
You crack it in raw, in to the boiling water.
2005-01-11, 8:13 PM #13
There's scrambles egg in fried rice. This isn't that much different. ;)
Pissed Off?
2005-01-11, 8:17 PM #14
Scramble the eggs before you drop them in the noodles.
D E A T H
2005-01-11, 8:19 PM #15
Quote:
Originally posted by Dj Yoshi
Scramble the eggs before you drop them in the noodles.

Drop it raw into the boiling water and they scramble themselves :p
2005-01-11, 8:22 PM #16
Lipton instant chicken noodle soup, cook, add egg
2005-01-11, 8:24 PM #17
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
Drop it raw into the boiling water and they scramble themselves :p

Eh, I heard then the yolk becomes concentrated nastiness.
D E A T H
2005-01-11, 8:30 PM #18
Didn't happen to me, everything spread out nice. I gave the water a good stir while I dropped the egg in.
2005-01-11, 8:43 PM #19
Quote:
Originally posted by Shintock
Didn't happen to me, everything spread out nice. I gave the water a good stir while I dropped the egg in.

I can testify to this
2005-01-12, 3:00 AM #20
If you dont stir the water after dropping the egg in, that's a poached egg.

Most Asian recepies (more frequently involving rice, but sometimes noodles) use an egg scrambled with some water then cooked for a matter of seconds on a large flat surface (usually a wok) in a very thin layer. After the egg is removed from the wok it is rolled up like a carpet then sliced into thin spiral-like strips.

Just in case anyone was wondering...
The Massassi-Map
There is no spoon.
2005-01-12, 8:54 AM #21
Quote:
Originally posted by Spork
If you dont stir the water after dropping the egg in, that's a poached egg.

Most Asian recepies (more frequently involving rice, but sometimes noodles) use an egg scrambled with some water then cooked for a matter of seconds on a large flat surface (usually a wok) in a very thin layer. After the egg is removed from the wok it is rolled up like a carpet then sliced into thin spiral-like strips.

Just in case anyone was wondering...

wok are you talking about?
"Those ****ing amateurs... You left your dog, you idiots!"

↑ Up to the top!