Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Name something good about snow...
Name something good about snow...
2005-01-12, 7:29 PM #1
...because my list is rather short.

Snow may be good for skiing and snow sports. Yes, of course, but only during the vacations. As for daily life, it proves nothing more than a hassle and annoyance. The stuff doesn't provide any pleasure for me anymore. It doesn't even evoke happy and warm feelings. Snow is just damn cold. Thus, it's about as emotionally inspiring as the numb portions of flesh on my body when I have to drag myself through it. Sigh. The days when snow was "fun" are, obviously, over for me. If I went out to make a snowman and snow angels like a little kiddie, the neighbors will think I'm not sober. And, snowball fights are no longer entertaining. My friends look for bigger, denser objects to throw these days, like clumps of ice. All I do is shovel it. And shovel some more. And then accidently fall face first in it.

There is nothing really useful with snow for daily life. All people do is move it from one place to another. It just sits around to annoy people and refuse to just disappear quickly. Soon, all there is left are big, ugly piles of snow...on sidewalks. What the hell do people do when they are walking on the sidewalk and encounter a lump of crappy snow?? I had to push myself over these moist piles and almost died of anger. Snow isn't tasty nor is it practical in any way. My only wish is that snow would become like Play-Doh or some sort of usable clay. That would be awesome! I could make a beautiful, magnificent statue of myself. That's would rock so much! My greatness could be seen throughout the neighborhood! Unfortunately, the stuff is only good for some odd-looking, lumpy snowmen (who look like they are fighting leprosy.)

And snow doesn't even remain "pretty" for long. The snow near the roads look diseased. It becomes grainy, grey and filled with a collection of roadside crap. And scraping the snow off cars becomes a bloody chore. My kick-*** car literally freezes and dies under such conditions. Also, there is one thing that really burns my biscuits: stains marked in the snow in my front yard. Honestly, what the hell?? I wake up almost every day to find another yellow spot added to the yard. Argh! What dumb animal goes to my snow and takes a leak in it? Who does it (or they) belong to? No one wants to see yellow sludge directly on his/her property! No one wants to be reminded," Ha! Ha! Someone tinkled on your yard!" And the snow just lets the urine to be perserved. Is it so hard for dog owners to "scoop up" their dog's mess? It only takes an ice-cream scooper and some respect.

Maybe I'm just too annoyed. But, I don't like snow. I just don't see why certain people in my area enjoy the stuff. Need list of why snow is good....
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-12, 7:32 PM #2
When you hardly ever get any you grow to appreciate when it finally comes. It hasn't snowed a single day this year for me yet.. Well, kind of. But when it snows it's usually only a fraction of an inch.
"it is time to get a credit card to complete my financial independance" — Tibby, Aug. 2009
2005-01-12, 7:33 PM #3
I love snow for two reasons: skiing and snowmobiling.

Driving though... that sucks.
2005-01-12, 7:39 PM #4
although I have yet to touch real snow (powdered freezer ice doesn't count) I hypothesize that snow is good for making iceballs to throw at your enemies.
2005-01-12, 7:42 PM #5
Being so close to the Jersey shore, we don't get much snow here. If we get just 2 inches, schools are cancelled. Sure it's a ***** to shovel and drive in, but it looks nice, it's great to wake up to, and sledding is always fun.
"I got kicked off the high school debate team for saying 'Yeah? Well, **** you!'
... I thought I had won."
2005-01-12, 8:17 PM #6
Already got over a foot of it this year. Loads of fun.... :(
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-12, 8:20 PM #7
Quote:
Originally posted by finity5
I love snow for two reasons: skiing and snowmobiling.

YES.
2005-01-12, 8:20 PM #8
Snow rocks. It's just like waterfalls, rainbows, thunderheads, gurgling brooks, and huge evergreen trees. Just awesome.

I'm a hopeless romantic when it comes to the beauty of nature .'/. Meh, what can I say.
2005-01-13, 1:27 AM #9
The snow in the Sierras melts and becomes my drinking water.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-13, 2:23 AM #10
its socially acceptable to write your name in it

Once it melts, public urinating is kinda frowned upon

Wizzah!
Code:
if(getThingFlags(source) & 0x8){
  do her}
elseif(getThingFlags(source) & 0x4){
  do other babe}
else{
  do a dude}
2005-01-13, 2:46 AM #11
Snow. Days.
2005-01-13, 6:25 AM #12
You know what's the best thing about snow?

It's not ice!
The music industry is a cruel and shallow money trench where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side.
2005-01-13, 6:42 AM #13
There's nothing good about snow.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-13, 9:17 AM #14
What's snow?
Code to the left of him, code to the right of him, code in front of him compil'd and thundered. Programm'd at with shot and $SHELL. Boldly he typed and well. Into the jaws of C. Into the mouth of PERL. Debug'd the 0x258.

↑ Up to the top!