Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Things you didn't know about Half-Life 2
Things you didn't know about Half-Life 2
2005-01-13, 2:52 PM #1
Post a fact about Half-Life 2 you think nobody else knows.

The character Eli is voiced by the same actor that did the voice of Rafiki from The Lion King.
"I'm afraid of OC'ing my video card. You never know when Ogre Calling can go terribly wrong."
2005-01-13, 3:04 PM #2
Hah. I knew that voice sounded familiar!
2005-01-13, 3:09 PM #3
Eli has a hook for a leg :(

Didn't notice it untill Gary's Mod.
2005-01-13, 3:10 PM #4
Barney and the G-man have the same voice actor
2005-01-13, 3:22 PM #5
If I didn't know... how would I be able to post it?

:)
>>untie shoes
2005-01-13, 3:54 PM #6
... The AI is no smarter then its predecessor.
Got a permanent feather in my cap;
Got a stretch to my stride;
a stroll to my step;
2005-01-13, 3:56 PM #7
Gordan Freeman is the great great great grandchild of Big Boss.......(it would make the game cooler if it were true)
░▒▓█▓▒░?░▒▓█▓▒░
2005-01-13, 4:02 PM #8
Didn't realize this until recently, but the background behind the Gman when he shows up on one TV screen (that's quickly turned off as you enter the room) is the same that appears behind Breen when he gives his speeches.

[http://sine.geekvision.net/comparison.jpg]
A desperate disease requires a dangerous remedy.

A major source of objection to a free economy is precisely that it gives people what they want instead of what a particular group thinks they ought to want. Underlying most arguments against the free market is a lack of belief in freedom itself.

art
2005-01-13, 4:06 PM #9
I think GMan appears at least once in every chapter.
"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. " - Bertrand Russell
The Triumph of Stupidity in Mortals and Others 1931-1935
2005-01-13, 4:28 PM #10
I dunno.. I've got the Raising the Bar book (very awesome by the way) and have read it cover to cover... I could post something I learnt from there, but there's no guarantee someone else here hasn't read it.

Although, that TV thing that Sine posted... didn't know that.
Xbox Live/PlayStation Network/Steam: tone217
http://twitter.com/ourmatetone
2005-01-13, 6:03 PM #11
The seagulls poop on the ground in the Highway 17 levels.
2005-01-13, 6:11 PM #12
Are the zombies saying something backwards?
SnailIracing:n(500tpostshpereline)pants
-----------------------------@%
2005-01-13, 6:13 PM #13
They took out the part where you were supposed to be on a ship... you know, they had a big story about how they actually went on a fishing boat or something, and modeled it in 3d.... I thought that looked cool, and then I played through the entire game without getting on any boats (other than the airboat).
Stuff
2005-01-13, 6:13 PM #14
Yes.
Bassoon, n. A brazen instrument into which a fool blows out his brains.
2005-01-13, 6:22 PM #15
*Probable spoilers*

The vortigaunt is actually powering the TV-set with the G man in Sine's pic that they're watching as you drop in through the roof.

The same "I don't know if I can go on" "It'll be OK" couple that you see earlier in the game are resistance fighters later on. Not that she's any more corageous.

The muffled zombie wails are actually reversed recordings of someone going "Oh GOD! HELP ME!" clicky

Lot's o neat trivia.
If it breaks, you get to keep both pieces.
2005-01-13, 6:23 PM #16
yeah, kyle... i dont think it fit in with the plot they went with. kinda like how some scenes in a movie destract from the main story, and are cut, and most people probably will agree we didnt need any of that.
2005-01-13, 6:27 PM #17
Alyx's pistol has animations to transform into both an SMG and a rifle, but neither were ever used in the final game
Moo.
2005-01-14, 6:36 AM #18
There are some finnish words used in some ads / things around the game, Veikko International comes to mind first.
Star Wars: TODOA | DXN - Deus Ex: Nihilum
2005-01-14, 8:19 AM #19
I bet everyone knows this by now. The CTs and Terrorists models from CS:S have a silly animation of them dancing like Micheal Jackson.
The cake is a lie... THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!!!
2005-01-14, 8:21 AM #20
I didn't know that one. How do you use them?
2005-01-14, 8:51 AM #21
Some of the lines the troopers say are quite weird. Two for examples are "sometimes, I dream of... cheese" and "when this is over, I'm gonna mate".
Hey, Blue? I'm loving the things you do. From the very first time, the fight you fight for will always be mine.
2005-01-14, 11:31 AM #22
Heh, those are funny. The "mate" line is referring to one of breen's speeches near the beginning (something about suppressing the human reproductive system)... so that's like 10 years without teh sex0r o.o

"Outbreak! Outbreak! Outbreak!" is the combine codephrase that they yell whenever all but one of them in a squad has been killed
Moo.
2005-01-14, 11:40 AM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by Sine Nomen
Didn't realize this until recently, but the background behind the Gman when he shows up on one TV screen (that's quickly turned off as you enter the room) is the same that appears behind Breen when he gives his speeches.

[http://sine.geekvision.net/comparison.jpg]

<.<
>.>
<.<
>.>

*runs*
SpriteMod (JO 2003) Roger Wilco Skin

Snail racing: (500 posts per line) ---@%
2005-01-14, 12:39 PM #24
I was the voice actor for Gordon Freeman. Um . . . yeah.
Pissed Off?
2005-01-14, 6:33 PM #25
I didnt know they'd left out the whole barge-area, where you get to shoot down the chopper with gas tanks. That sucked.

I didnt know the story would cut off just as it was getting good, and I also didnt know I would be extremely pissed because of it.
"Whats that for?" "Thats the machine that goes 'ping'" PING!
Q. How many testers does it take to change a light bulb?
A. We just noticed the room was dark; we don't actually fix the problems.
MCMF forever.
2005-01-14, 7:08 PM #26
If you manage to throw Dog's ball over the cliff (it's possible, I've done it over the cliff opposite Dog's house) Alyx says "Where's your ball, Dog?" and Dog will throw the ball's container instead.

If you wait before going inside after the scanners arive, headcrab rockets crash outside and headcrabs and scanners and manhacks start attacking you.

And I hear ya FullMetal, I was hoping for a really good Metroid-ish escape sequence.

2005-01-14, 7:11 PM #27
Quote:
Originally posted by Avenger
I was the voice actor for Gordon Freeman. Um . . . yeah.

And a fine job you did of it, too.

↑ Up to the top!