Massassi Forums Logo

This is the static archive of the Massassi Forums. The forums are closed indefinitely. Thanks for all the memories!

You can also download Super Old Archived Message Boards from when Massassi first started.

"View" counts are as of the day the forums were archived, and will no longer increase.

ForumsDiscussion Forum → Yay, no school!
Yay, no school!
2005-01-14, 7:42 AM #1
I dont have school today, well, I do but I'm not going. Its -45 out and the school still expects us to go. My parents said I can just stay home, so yay, free long weekend.

So, to make this thread worth something, post your current temperature.
2005-01-14, 7:44 AM #2
Obviously not in college yet.

It's about -4 C right now in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.
2005-01-14, 7:46 AM #3
I dont know exactly but i'm guessing it's about 6 C here in Bedfordshire, UK.
TheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWho
SaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTh
eJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSa
ysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJ
k
WhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSays
N
iTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkWhoSaysNiTheJkW
2005-01-14, 8:16 AM #4
http://www.weather.com/weather/local/40272
And when the moment is right, I'm gonna fly a kite.
2005-01-14, 8:18 AM #5
-18F with a -33 windchill wheeee
i'm out of school,too
Holy soap opera Batman. - FGR
DARWIN WILL PREVENT THE DOWNFALL OF OUR RACE. - Rob
Free Jin!
2005-01-14, 8:25 AM #6
I live here in Tempe, AZ. No snow or cold for me :(
|-|E|_|_O
2005-01-14, 10:21 AM #7
Western WA - 30 degrees F
2005-01-14, 10:24 AM #8
Yay! I dont have school either today, I just have a fever of 102 :(
2005-01-14, 10:37 AM #9
-45F windchill. They announced no school yesterday, so I stayed up late last night. Very cool.

JediKirby
ᵗʰᵉᵇˢᵍ๒ᵍᵐᵃᶥᶫ∙ᶜᵒᵐ
ᴸᶥᵛᵉ ᴼᵑ ᴬᵈᵃᵐ
2005-01-14, 10:44 AM #10
Its abou 30 F here in southern indiana
obviously you've never been able to harness the power of cleavage...

maeve
2005-01-14, 12:41 PM #11
58 F
Pissed Off?
2005-01-14, 1:25 PM #12
My state blows. It's literally felt like spring for the last week and a half. It was only today, after a large wind/thunderstorm blew through last night, that the temperature dropped to something that felt reasonably chilly again. Bah. We honestly have the weirdest weather EVER. Last year, it was in the mid seventies one week. Then over the weekend it dropped below freezing, snowed the next week, and then the following week, went back up into the seventies. A nice big "WTF?".
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand
2005-01-14, 1:32 PM #13
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
My state blows. It's literally felt like spring for the last week and a half. It was only today, after a large wind/thunderstorm blew through last night, that the temperature dropped to something that felt reasonably chilly again. Bah. We honestly have the weirdest weather EVER. Last year, it was in the mid seventies one week. Then over the weekend it dropped below freezing, snowed the next week, and then the following week, went back up into the seventies. A nice big "WTF?".
America, home of the free gift with purchase.
2005-01-14, 10:45 PM #14
Quote:
Originally posted by phoenix_9286
i live here also... well, this describes most of the middle south, but specifically South Carolina for me
Laughing at my spelling herts my feelings. Well laughing is fine actully, but posting about it is not.
2005-01-15, 1:49 AM #15
-31C right now, -43C with the windchill.

Saskatoon.
Quote Originally Posted by Chaz Ghostle
some gay men prefer to have partners with smaller, softer bodies[. . .]It really all comes down to what you like.
2005-01-15, 9:03 AM #16
I didn't have school because a powerline came loose, started flailing around, caught a power-pole on fire, caused a transformer to explode, caused at least one pole to fall into the street (obviously closing the street down) and resulting in the shut off of power to the school for ~5 hours.

My story > Yours.

[edit- Oh, right:

With me, in Severna Park MD (21146) the Weather is:
Condition: Fair
Temp.(Real/Feel): 32°/25° F
UV-Index: 2 Low
Humidity: 45%
Visibility: 10.0 miles
Wind: 8 mph NNE
Pressure: 30.7 inches rising
Time: 11:48 AM
Sunrise: 7:24 AM
Sunset: 5:08 PM
Weather Alerts: FLOOD STATEMENT UNTIL FRI JAN 14 2005 04:45 PM EST

I love that trillian plugin.]
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-01-15, 9:27 AM #17
Columbia, MO
14 degrees farenheit
At 11:30 in the morning.
It's not supposed to be this cold in Missouri. I had trouble getting my car started earlier. I think that the gas may have begun to freeze. Considering I have an almost empty tank, so with less mass, it won't take as long to freeze.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-15, 1:03 PM #18
Here's what you do:
1) Open gas door thingy.
2) Light lighter
3) Toss lighter in gas door
4) Watch in pleasure as the gas melts.
5) ???
6) PROFIT!
My Parkour blog
My Twitter. Follow me!
2005-01-15, 1:16 PM #19
I dont think gas would freeze at that temperature.
2005-01-15, 1:29 PM #20
Probably not if I had a full tank, but with almost nothing left in it..I don't know. I guess I'll need to look up gasoline's specific heat and latent heat of fusion and figure it out.

Edit: You're correct sir. Unleaded gasoline has a flash point of -97 farenheit. So that couldn't have been it. I think the car just doesn't like the cold.
Marsz, marsz, Dąbrowski,
Z ziemi włoskiej do Polski,
Za twoim przewodem
Złączym się z narodem.
2005-01-15, 1:58 PM #21
So cold here, almost under 50 degrees F, i have to wear socks when i go outside. Damn, this sucks, if it were about 10 deegrees warmeri would go outside:(
my toes are cold (i live in the south part of the bay area, cali)
I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
2005-01-15, 2:04 PM #22
http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/local/CAXX0357?from=search_city
"Jayne, this is something the Captain has to do for himself"

"N-No it's not!"

"Oh."
2005-01-15, 7:16 PM #23
Quote:
Originally posted by Elana14
i live here also... well, this describes most of the middle south, but specifically South Carolina for me

I was actually surprised today. It was winterish weather. I woke up, threw on a t-shirt, went out to get the mail, and scrambled back inside rather quickly and put on a sweater.

I'll have to break out my long sleaved shirts again.
"In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams
Are you finding Ling-Ling's head?
Last Stand

↑ Up to the top!